Community discussions

MikroTik App

emammadov
just joined
Topic Author

LTE Router not working with T-Mobile

Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:51 pm

Hello,
We have a Mikrotik LTE Router Chateau LTE12 (RBD53G-5HacD2HnD-TC&EG12-EA). It works with a Sim Card from other operators in Germany, but not with T-Mobile (Telekom). I insert the Sim Card, it shows Telekom.de as an operator, it takes an ip address, shows the signal but there is no internet. I insert the same Sim Card into other LTE Router such as FritzBox, then it works. I added manually APN settings of T-Mobile, but it didn't help. Is there someone that faced this problem and solved it? Thanks in advance.

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: LTE Router not working with T-Mobile

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:27 pm

is the ip address ipv4 or ipv6?

emammadov
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:27 pm

Thank you for your reply. It is Auto. Just in case, I have chosen IPv4, but it didn't help either.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:31 pm

Did TMobile authorize that device for that sim?

I have found some carriers don't care where there sim ends up... But some do.

compunit
just joined

Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:40 pm

Hello forum,
I have the same problem here with a wAP LTE kit, network operator is Germany: congstar in the network of t-mobile, tariff: Homespot. the LTE interface gets an IP in 10.x.x.x or
37.x.x.c range, depends on which APN is set (internet.telekom or internet.t-d1.de). it seems like the network operator does not allow the mikrotik LTE device!
greetings nitana

wwbusch
just joined

Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:02 pm

Hi guys,
i have the same problem. I can not get the mikrotik LTE18 working with german telekom sim. I am getting an IP adress but no data flowing.

Wolfgang

tomtom800
just joined

Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:46 am

After hours of tries to get running a Telekom Sim Card I found this solution in the Mikrotik servicedesk (https://help.mikrotik.com/servicedesk/). Then the LTE was running without Problems! Copy and paste the last two lines to the terminal.

Problem

No internet connection, not desired APN is used or the LTE interface receives an incorrect IP address.
Solution

By default MBIM modems use the networks provided APN ignoring the manually set one. With some SIM cards the modem can receive an unexpected APN from the network. To resolve this add use-network-apn=no to the APN profile.

CLI commands to accomplish this (replace "internet" with your APN):
/interface lte apn add apn=internet use-network-apn=no
/interface lte set lte1 apn-profiles=internet