Community discussions

MikroTik App

tuslma
just joined
Topic Author

Unable to connect to tower after update - LHG LTE18 - R11mL-EG18-EA

Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:09 am

Hello fellow Mikrotik users,

I have bought and installed this LTE antenna with a routerboard. After installation everything worked for test purposes. I got LTE signal automatically and it was enough for testing out the internet. When I was logged in in the webinterface, I got a notification, that there was newer firmware available for the LTE module. Given I always update my devices, I did that. I was on RouterOS 7.5 out of the box. The installation was successfull, but after that I lost my internet connection and was unable to make it work. I send a configuration message from the operator to the simcard. That did nothing. I manually edited the APN "internet" to the configuration provided by the operator and nothing. I manually selected the operator and nothing. I then updated to RouterOS 7.7 and that did not help either.

Has anyone an idea I could do?
Is it possible to downgrade the LTE firmware to an older version through this routerboard? If so, then how and where to get the files needed?

It is a remote destination in the hills around 100km away from the place I live and I am unable to connect remotely now. So my answers will propably take a while, as I have to drive there first a try something out.

Any help would be greatly appriaciated. Thank you

jakubm
just joined

Re: Unable to connect to tower after update - LHG LTE18 - R11mL-EG18-EA

Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:05 pm

Seems like a bug or something - check out this thread: viewtopic.php?t=193783

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Unable to connect to tower after update - LHG LTE18 - R11mL-EG18-EA

Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:18 pm

There seem to be a lot of LTE fixes in v7.9beta. That may be worth a shot. Make sure you upgrade both the router and firmware (/system/routerboard) – so two reboots. Should check if they're new firmware in LTE.

Sometimes one fix in LTE breaks another ones. Good news is they do actively fix bugs. But I'd try the beta and see if that fixes before reporting it.