Community discussions

MikroTik App

JD514
just joined
Topic Author

No internet on LAN but PPPoE connected

Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:36 pm

Hello,

I have an issue whereby my MikroTik RB2011UiAS-2HnD (running 6.49.7) can ping external IPs and even update its firmware, but does not share that internet connectivity with the LAN or WLAN clients.

I recently switched over to a new ISP and now connect via ONT instead of the DocSis 3 modem. The main change is that I now connect to the internet via PPPoE using a user/pass with VLAN ID 40.

I created a VLAN interface on ether1 and set the ID to 40. I then created a PPPoE interface and tied it to the VLAN I had just created. Other than the VLAN ID and the user/pass, I left default settings.

I can observe network traffic and ping external IPs, but I cannot seem to pass that connectivity past the router. I tried a DHCP relay and bridging l, and whatever other suggestions I could find in the forums. I cannot get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JD514
just joined
Topic Author

Re: No internet on LAN but PPPoE connected

Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:03 pm

So if anyone is having the same problem, the solution was actually simple: it was a firewall issue.
Had to change the masquarade rule from the Ether1 (which was the old WAN interface with cable modem) to the new PPPoE interface that was created for the fiber connection.