Community discussions

MikroTik App

pbenner
just joined
Topic Author

v7 - Group Permissions missing "Dude" as an option

Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:39 pm

Good morning,

I have been working on upgrading a number of networks that I manage to v7 and one of my customers uses TheDude as one of his network monitoring tools as well as using UserManager for their employee access and permissions to routers and devices. In v6 there was a user permission that corresponded to TheDude and accessing that piece of the software, but it's no longer present in v7. We'd like to have access to TheDude controlled through the same UserManager server. Can this feature be re-added to both sides for access?

Best,

Paul

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: v7 - Group Permissions missing "Dude" as an option

Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:41 pm

In the past you've always been a rude, you never thanked or replied to whoever answered you.

You read the changelogs before update something to v7?

"The Dude" permission is retired, new v7 The Dude and the old 6.4x work with "Winbox" permission...
And on new devices no matter if exist or not Dude right for use The Dude on old devices.

Honestly, your question leaves me somewhat perplexed, because I'm wondering if you're a real person or the usual spammer d–khead,
since the question is completely unrelated to current reality and the way of asking the question seems to be someone who doesn't has he ever opened winbox in his life...