Community discussions

MikroTik App

oriolid
just joined
Topic Author

Graphing when router is turned off

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:51 am

I just had my router turned off and unplugged for two weeks for summer vacation. After the trip I see that the graphs show continuous plot for the weeks it wasn't even on. Is there a setting that to save timestamp together with the numbers? I have a vague recollection that I saw a gap in the plot for a previous time the router was turned off for a longer time, but I had to reset and rebuild configuration from scratch after that.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Graphing when router is turned off

Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:44 am

Make sure the router had correct time before and also after the switch down period. Wait for the graph saving period and recheck the graphs. After reset the data is lost.
Maybe look at mikrotik dude...

oriolid
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:50 pm

Make sure the router had correct time before and also after the switch down period. Wait for the graph saving period and recheck the graphs. After reset the data is lost.
Maybe look at mikrotik dude...
The router syncs its clock from NTP, and the sync seems to be working. The graph saving period is 5 minutes, and the problem hasn't solved itself in a day. The graph data is saved to internal Flash, and that's how it survives over restart. Just in case it's not clear, I didn't expect the data to survive the reset. I don't really understand how the Dude would help in this case, could you explain in a bit more detail?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:30 pm

Dude would hold the data in its database instead of the flash of the device.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:36 pm

The Dude database can be on the flash of the device, but at least you can copy or backup that,
and have same bug: when the device is off, do not record anything...

oriolid
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:01 am

The Dude database can be on the flash of the device, but at least you can copy or backup that,
and have same bug: when the device is off, do not record anything...
You wouldn't need to record anything when the router is off, just record timestamps together with values and use them when creating the plot. I thought this is how it used to work.

demerson
just joined

Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:50 pm

Bump

Had the router off from 10:30pm last night until 7am this morning. ROS time is accurate but the interface graph shows all kinds of throughput during the time it was shut down. Does it not record time with the metrics? Is it all just relative to the timestamp the data logging began (i.e. the start of the graphing)?