Community discussions

MikroTik App

hun3p077
just joined
Topic Author

New to MikroTik, where to start??

Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:31 pm

Hello everyone, new forum user here!

I have recently installed a hAP ax3 at my house because I heard how great Wifi6 is and the router seems to have sooooo many different features and things that I may want to use. I was able to log into my router through my browser, but the configuration looks extremely complex and I do not really have much experience with configuring routers. Basically the biggest thing I need help with is figuring out how to setup PPPOE on the router to get internet access on this device and move my existing cable from my ISP equipment to this router (I guess ether1), add some VLANs to one of the ports that will go to my switch. I think I want to use ether5 as the port for my switch. And basically just configure Wifi6 with three seperate SSIDs for my home network, guests and IoT

Is there any type of documentation here on the forums that can help me or is there something for MikroTik specifically? I can see there are two documentation sites one being a wiki and the other one showing docs, but I am not having much luck finding configuration examples on what I am looking for specially.

In summary I need to do the following:

Ether1 (Internet with PPPOE)
Ether5 (Tag VLAN100, VLAN99 and VLAN50 to my current switch)
Setup Wifi with 3 separate SSIDs

Hope to hear back from someone soon.

404Network
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: New to MikroTik, where to start??

Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:32 am