MikroTik App

cmarazzi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CRS504-4XQ-IN. Dual DC Power

Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:34 am

Hello,

Does anyone know if the CRS504-4XQ-IN is able to be connected to two separate DC sources (A+B Power)? I see in the specs that it has 3 DC Power options:
PoE-in
DC jack
2-pin terminal

Could two of these be used with two independent DC 48V sources. Also is the chassis of the CRS504-4XQ-IN electrical ground or negative in a DC setup? Since this equipment will be connected in a DataCenter that has telecom equipment that is powered by -48VDC, I do not want to cause a short circuit. I can add a DC to DC transformer to separate the router load.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carlo Marazzi

psannz
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: CRS504-4XQ-IN. Dual DC Power

Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:56 am

You can power it using all five sources simultaneously. Power will be drawn from the input with highest voltage and fall back to the second highest incase of an outage.

As far as I know, there is no -48V option available for the CRS504. You'll need to use a DC-DC converter in that case and use the terminal and/or DC jack.
Maybe ask the Mikrotik support, if they can add an optional PSU for the CRS504 and 510?

mada3k
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: CRS504-4XQ-IN. Dual DC Power

Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:39 pm

Judging by the inside photos, there seems to be a resonable sized transformer, often used for isolated DC/DC. But if the negative input is tied to the chassis is unknown.