Community discussions

MikroTik App

Techsystem
Topic Author

very serious problem with my wireguard connection

Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:56 am

Hello My friends..!
so i get into a serious problem here it goes like this:
i set a wireguard connection between my cloude server and my mikrotik router, in this scenario the cloude server is the client and my mikrotik router as a server, then i activate the connection on my cloude server by a mistake -(client side)- what happen is that i loss the connection with my server -(previously i used to access my server as a remote disk top from my laptop using public IP)- but after i activate the wireguard tunnel i loss the connection with it, and i can't ping the server public IP, i disconnect the tunnel from my router side, but that's not work so it seems that my server trying to connect again and again and i didn't find a way to deactivated it, also i try to rebooted it but that's not work.
a key changer: when i activate the tunnel on my router i get a traffic RX and TX and i can ping my server address.
but how can i use this to reaccess it..? anyone have any idea Please @anav.

kryztoval

Re: very serious problem with my wireguard connection

Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:21 am

Is your cloude server also a mikrotik device? If not then you may have inadvertedly set the wrong values in the allowed IPS settings for the tunnel. Also if cloude is running windows it may have activated a kill switch where everything but the wireguard's traffic would be sent over the wireguard interface. If you did not add firewall (wirewall if you will) rules to let you connect to it from your mikrotik you may have accidentally locked yourself out.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:37 pm

As always.
Network diagram and both configs.
Instead of running around like a rabbit, have a plan, based on user requirements, and then config.
It seems you were fooling around trying different things, which will land you into trouble quickly.
Does your home router have a public IP?

Techsystem
Topic Author

Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:48 am

As always.
Network diagram and both configs.
Instead of running around like a rabbit, have a plan, based on user requirements, and then config.
It seems you were fooling around trying different things, which will land you into trouble quickly.
Does your home router have a public IP?
Hello for all..!
Hello anav..!!
so ..well..i solved the problem after 6 time of reboot my cloude server ..thanks in adavance ..