Community discussions

MikroTik App

Vendetto
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude Tools

Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:00 am

Hey all,

I am new to the forum. I am trying to customize "the Dude" that I am using at work. I want to add RDP and VNC to the tools so when I right click an object, I can connect to it using either one. Can someone please help me get started with this? I am not sure what commands I need to put in to make it happen. Someone once told me that this is possible. Any help would be appreciated.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The Dude Tools

Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:34 pm

On the left contents column scroll to the bottom, double click "tools", Click red "+" button (to add new), Name the tool. In the command box enter command line to run the tool.

Here is are some examples:
SSH
C:\Progra~1\VanDyk~1\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.exe /T [Device.Name]

HTTPS
"https://[Device.Name]"

VNC 32 bit
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RealVNC\VNC4\vncviewer.exe" [Device.FirstAddress]
VNC 64 bit
"C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\vncviewer.exe" [Device.FirstAddress]

RDP is "mstsc.exe" in the system32 folder.

You add a tools to only be available on a specific device by going to top left settings, discover, device types, [...] button, and adding it directly to a device.

Lebowski

Vendetto
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks Lebowski!!

VNC is working great. The only thing is when I try to use RDP, I get an error message "Invalid connection file (ip address of the server) specified" I can run it without putting the [Device.FirstAddress] in the tool setup but I was wondering if I am missing something for RDP to allow me to have the IP address auto populate like it does for VNC? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Vendetto

geoffsmith31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:10 am

Here is a screenshot of the config of the RDP tool in my Dude setup. I use the /admin switch to connect to the console connection rather than a user session. Perhaps you are missing the /v option to specify the server that you want to connect to? Anyway - here is mine and it works fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vendetto
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Thanks geoffsmith31!!! The pesky /v was it.

GiuseppeAPS
just joined

Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:38 pm

Hi anyone, would it be possible to see a usage of the entire command line to run RDP as a tool? I tried what suggested on win11 but is not even opening the RDP interface, let alone connecting. I would just like for it to put the address into the address bar of RDP and wait for me to click connect.