Community discussions

MikroTik App

danstahl1138
just joined
Topic Author

Router and Switch on same board

Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:14 pm

I have a Mikrotik RB2011 running RouterOS v6.49.3. I also have an Eero Mesh network for WIFI. For those familiar with Eero, it requires a Router->Eero->Switch configuration.

I am trying to create a virtual router with eth1 as the WAN gateway, and eth2 pointing to the Eero. Then the Eero would output to eth3, with eth3 being the "input" of the virtual switch. I've found several "tutorials" on it but not having much luck getting it to work. I've created a second bridge for eth3-10, and tried to created a VLAN on the second bridge but not getting any traffic.

Any hints/tips on how to proceed? I've attached a screenshot of my interfaces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Router and Switch on same board

Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:11 am

Teh screen capture gives almost no useful information. Please export and post your configuration. To export and paste your configuration (and I'm assuming you are using WebFig or Winbox), open a terminal window, and type (without the quotes) "/export hide-sensitive file=any-filename-you-wish". Then open the files section and right click on the filename you created and select download in order to download the file to your computer. It will be a text file with whatever name you saved to with an extension of .rsc. Suggest you then open the .rsc file in your favorite text editor and redact any sensitive information. Then in your message here, click the code display icon in the toolbar above the text entry (the code display icon is the 7th one from the left and looks like a square with a blob in the middle). Then paste the text from the file in between the two code words in brackets.