Community discussions

MikroTik App

emersonsc
just joined
Topic Author

RBwAPG-60adkit (Wireless Wire) 100mbps connection

Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:49 am

I have the wireless wire kit connecting my shop to my house. Max distance is about 150' (45.75m). I am only getting a 100mbps connection on both devices to my routers. I have tried different cat5e cables. I have tried different ports. I have even tried different routers. No change. They will only give a max 100mbps connection.
Screenshot (167).png
Screenshot (166).png
Screenshot (165).png
Screenshot (164).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RBwAPG-60adkit (Wireless Wire) 100mbps connection

Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:29 am

What if you remove the ASUS router from the equasion? Connect one wAP unit to the laptop directly via cable, connect the other one directly to the ISP connection. No WIFI in between. Is the speed the same then?

Is the visibility between the two units clear? 60GHz needs a clean and clear line of sight.

emersonsc
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:39 am

Like my post states, I have tried different routers, and cables. I've tried twp different Netgear routers, two different Asus routers, and a D-Link router. I even tried your method of removing any router from the equation. After several different tries using different equipment and cables and getting the same results, it's clearly an issue with these Units. Never mind when I first got them it took almost an entire day of messing with them just to get them to connect to each other. These things were a problem from get go.

There is absolutely nothing inbetween the two Mikrotik devices. They have a clear line of sight.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:27 pm

I will send you postage to send the units to me. I am in need of a short wifi rangeish 100mbs connection!!