Community discussions

MikroTik App

Siedemnastek
just joined
Topic Author

Need help with setting up NAT

Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:49 pm

Hello. I need help with setting up a NAT connection in a very specific scenario. I've attached the screenshot to what the structure I'm dealing with looks like, hopefully it's there. I need to achieve a "simple" goal of connecting from the Client (the very right PC) to the FTP server via the FTP's name that is set by the DNS. No I do not want to do it with anything else, I want it with NAT. I was told that I need to have SourceNat with masquerade on the 2nd router and DstNat on the 1st router. But I can't quite figure out how to do it correctly. Here's all the details you should need about everything:
I am doing this using VMs, configuring the 1st router on the FTP server via Winbox and the 2nd router on the Client via Winbox aswell. I am using 3 different internal networks, named intnet1, 2 and 3
The FTP server uses intnet1 with the IP 10.0.0.2
The DNS server uses intnet3 with the IP 100.0.0.3
The Client uses intnet2 with the IP 20.0.0.2
Router 1 uses intnet1 with the IP 10.0.0.1 and intnet 3 with the IP 100.0.0.1
Router 2 uses intnet 2 with the IP 20.0.0.1 and intnet3 with the IP 100.0.0.2
What I can also tell is that I am able to ping one router from the other so no issues there, I am also able to ping both the routers from the DNS, router 1 from the FTP and router2 from the Client, and by some sheer luck I can also ping the DNS from the Client and the other way around, I have no idea how I did that but that's step 1 done I guess. However I still need help with how to connect to the FTP from the client. Anything at all would be appreciated

Przechwytywanie.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Need help with setting up NAT

Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:38 pm

Are all connected on same internal network or is this going over the internet.
You can connect to a server via WANIP or LANIP, where WANIP is a dyndns type name.
Not aware of connecting to a server by a local DNS name if thats what you mean.