Community discussions

MikroTik App

LanaerTheetr
just joined
Topic Author

Trying to connect to my router with Winbox

Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:25 pm

I have little knowledge about routers and MikroTik. When trying to connect to my router with Winbox, it keeps disconnecting after 3-4 seconds every time I connect through the MAC address. Unfortunately, my IP is 0.0.0.0, so I can't connect through IP. I attempted to reset my router, which changed my IP to a default IP and finally allowed me to connect. However, when I removed the configuration to set up my router, my IP returned to 0.0.0.0, and I could no longer connect. Even after resetting the router, my IP remains 0.0.0.0, leaving me unsure of how to set up my router. I have tried connecting through the MikroTik app on both my iPhone and Android, but it refuses to connect. Can anyone help me with this issue?

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Trying to connect to my router with Winbox

Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:49 pm

Which device are we talking about ?
Has the device been reset / configured to default config ?

Which port are you connecting to ? Try to avoid ether 1 since on most devices it is defined as WAN and default blocked from access. If you connect to another ether port, do you get an IP address then ?
Or is it a wireless device which requires Wifi connection ?
So question 1 again ...

Suchec
just joined

Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:27 pm

I´ve mentioned this problem also. ESC doesn´t help me.

I set "session" on login page to none, and all worked fine. Tested on hAP, RB951, RB952. Maybe it´s based on saved sessions, cache deleting didn´t help.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:22 pm

Another computer for tests?
Antivirus/InternetSecurity blocking connection?

gigabyte091
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:11 am

You said that when you did a reset to default configuration you are able to connect to the router.

Well in that case, why don't you put one port of bridge and assign IP address for it, so you can make changes without fear of locking yourself up from the router ?

Here you have useful topic for new users created by @anav: viewtopic.php?t=182373