Community discussions

MikroTik App

N1TROHAT
just joined
Topic Author

SwOS - Mac Filtering on ports

Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:53 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to block a specific LAN port in the SwOS so that only a device that I allow will be able to connect on the network via that port. I presume this would need to be done via Mac Filtering. I tried to look on Google and YouTube but I can't find anything on how to set this up. Is this even possible to do in SwOS ?

Thanks

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SwOS - Mac Filtering on ports

Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:23 pm

Yep. Check out the ACL (Access control List) tab.

sadie110
just joined

Re: SwOS - Mac Filtering on ports

Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:25 pm

Hi,

It seems that you're looking for a way to block a specific LAN port in SwOS to restrict access and allow only a specific device to connect through that port. One possible solution for achieving this is by utilizing MAC filtering.

MAC filtering is a method of controlling network access based on the Media Access Control (MAC) addresses of devices. By configuring MAC filtering, you can specify which devices are allowed or denied access to the network.

However, it's important to note that SwOS (Switch OS) primarily focuses on providing basic switching functionality and does not always offer advanced features like MAC filtering. SwOS is designed to be a lightweight operating system for MikroTik's Ethernet switches.

To confirm if MAC filtering is available in SwOS and how to set it up, it would be best to consult the official documentation or reach out to MikroTik's support team directly. They will be able to provide you with accurate information on the capabilities and configuration options of SwOS.

Additionally, if MAC filtering is not supported in SwOS or if you require more advanced network access control features, you might want to consider using a more feature-rich operating system or firewall solution that provides extensive access control capabilities.

I hope this information helps! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.