Community discussions

davidcx
just joined

Re: Mikrotik VDSL / DSL Modem?

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:35 am

I contacted Proscend regarding the VPI/VCI settings for the 180-T and was told unequivocally that the device does not support ADSL. I found this very strange as the data sheet does have the ADSL2+ specifications, so I asked for clarification and was again told that they do not have any devices that support ADSL.

This was Proscend's "Marketing & Sales Director" so one would think he would be able to talk authoritatively about the capabilities of his products. My guess is that they have quietly withdrawn this feature. At any rate I'm not deploying CPE devices in a mode that isn't supported by the manufacturer so it looks like we're back to no options for ADSL.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:05 pm

I think some people got it working with ADSL but there are limitations with the VPI/VCI setting. There is a couple of fixed settings that you
can access via a tagged VLAN and it is impossible to use it when the VPI/VCI you require is not in that list. So maybe there was some
misunderstanding when you inquired about that.

mabnz
just joined

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:55 am

I've recently purchased this to use with ADSL, but I can't seem to get it working. The LED is green which seems to indicate SHOWTIME.

I've set up an interface on my CPE as VLAN 6 (matching VCI/VPI 0/100 which is what I need) and used a PPPoE client, but it doesn't receive any packets on the interface nor an IP address. Is it correct that I need to tag packets with a VLAN tag in order to get it working?

Has anyone used it with ADSL successfully, who could share their configuration?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:11 am

ADSL often uses ATM rather than PPPoE. But it depends on your particular provider.
You would need to ask your provider or ask around in a forum etc to find what exactly has to be done on your provider's network to setup the connection.
You need to tag your packets with VLAN 6 (i.e. you create a VLAN interface with tag 6 and parent sfp1) and then on that VLAN interface you need to
use the configuration required for your provider.

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:00 am

I've recently purchased this to use with ADSL, but I can't seem to get it working. The LED is green which seems to indicate SHOWTIME.

I've set up an interface on my CPE as VLAN 6 (matching VCI/VPI 0/100 which is what I need) and used a PPPoE client, but it doesn't receive any packets on the interface nor an IP address. Is it correct that I need to tag packets with a VLAN tag in order to get it working?

Has anyone used it with ADSL successfully, who could share their configuration?
We distribute the Metanoia V5311-T-R in New Zealand and are working on this with the manufacturers.

We have the V5311-T-R working now on NZ EUBA ADSL in a test environment currently. Once all tests are done we will contact customers directly with the necessary updates.

Regards,

Stuart Campbell
MTCNA, MTCWE, MTCRE, MTCTCE, MTCINE, Trainer

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:04 pm

We distribute the Metanoia V5311-T-R in New Zealand and are working on this with the manufacturers.

We have the V5311-T-R working now on NZ EUBA ADSL in a test environment currently. Once all tests are done we will contact customers directly with the necessary updates.
What method do you use to read back the connection parameters and values in the test environment?
Do you have any contact with MikroTik support about it? Is there any indication that they will add some feature to RouterOS to readout these values while the SFP is in the router?