Community discussions

MikroTik App

ercxar
just joined

Re: Public-Mikrotik-Bandwidth-Test-Server(s)

Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:48 am

Have you blocked any countries? (Iran)
Tried to connect to 207.32.194.24 but it says can't connect. Tried to ping and it returns timeouts ...

EDIT: It gets stuck at connecting for a while and then gives the can't connect error.

Sanz7
just joined

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:52 am

i want to test my 10Gb Traffic, can anyone help to provide btest server for 10Gb Traffic? need soon

Garrison1701
just joined

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:04 am

Hello everyone,

I recently ordered a 10 Gbps upgrade for my WISP's primary internet circuit, but I don't believe that I am receiving the full 10 Gbps. Is there anyone with a 10 Gbps btest server who could help me out? I can provide my public IP for my btest server through other means if someone wants to swap test server information.

Garrison1701
just joined

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:44 am

Excuse the double post, but after reading through this entire thread and employing some of the scripts that have already been posted. I feel relatively safe putting this out here. Please don't make me regret it.

IP: 38.104.52.187
Username: btest
Password: btest

Please let me know if you guys are able to achieve 10 Gbps symmetrical connections

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:09 am

Excuse the double post, but after reading through this entire thread and employing some of the scripts that have already been posted. I feel relatively safe putting this out here. Please don't make me regret it.

IP: 38.104.52.187
Username: btest
Password: btest

Please let me know if you guys are able to achieve 10 Gbps symmetrical connections
Reply from Tom Jones

Hello Garrison1701, I am the owner/operator of the original btest server IPv4 address: 207.32.194.24 & IPv6 address: 2605:4e40:0:1fe::
I just wanted to step in and welcome and it's nice to see another public access btest server on-line.
If you experience any issues or problems, you are welcome to contact me for how I might of delt with the same problem.

North Idaho Tom Jones

Garrison1701
just joined

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:22 am

Thanks, Tom. I actually just set up a queue for burst at 4 Gbps with sustained speeds at 1 Gbps. Figured it might be bad if it maxed my connection briefly.

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:52 am

Heads up, I had to temporarily power-off the public access btest server I manage.

Here in the U.S. , there are thousands of business every where that have laid-off workers , and many of those workers are now working from home. Additionally, Netflix (and other on-line movie video sources) are getting increased bandwidth usage. In some locations, the Internet is experiencing much greater than normal bandwidth and some ISPs are experiencing problems. To help my ISP/WISP operations, I have temporarily disabled the btest server so that I can divert the normal ( peaking up to 2-Gig btest traffic) bandwidth to my customers.

I promise to return the btest server back on-line just as soon as my network stabilizes and the bandwidth is once again available.
This is the first time in over 4-years I have taken this btest server off-line for anything other than basic maintenance.

Everybody , be safe and take proper precautions to protect your ISP/WISP, business, customer and employees. And consider preparing your network(s) for a possible network increase of anywhere from 5 percent to 75 percent. So far, I am only at an additional 5 percent but I am getting ready for an additional 50 percent increase very soon to hit our networks.

North Idaho Tom Jones

Tonete
just joined

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Hello everyone,
Do you know what's happenning with NETERRA bandwidth server?.
It seems that is down, almost since february.

Thanks!

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:57 pm

Hello everyone,
Do you know what's happenning with NETERRA bandwidth server?.
It seems that is down, almost since february.

Thanks!
What is a NETERRA bandwidth server?

Tonete
just joined

Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:55 pm

Sorry!
I'd refer to the server at:

IP: 87.121.0.45
U: neterra
P: neterra
Last time I have seen was on february 25th.