Community discussions

MikroTik App

Daban
just joined
Topic Author

remote shutdown and turn it back on

Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:48 am

hello, 
in my company no one uses internet after 3 pm also Saturday and friday every one is off, 
the problem is i have only two work days in between this normal work days to have a physical access to the router board, 
i set up a remote access to the router, i can shutdown the router remotely, but the question is can i turn it on remotely? for example if i shut it down friday can i turn it back on  sunday? via remote access?

any help would be appreciated.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: remote shutdown and turn it back on

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:11 am

What is the specific need to turn off the router?
Do you want to conserve power, or is it for some reason related to network security?
When you just want to lock the network and don't mind that a few watts are consumed, you can always use
scripts to disable a network interface or use firewall rules or address lists to achieve timed behaviour.

Daban
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:39 am

thanks for the response, 
 the only reason i want to shut it down is overheating, it is very hot in sumer sometimes 40+ c and i don't have a good cooling system all o got is air conditioner which i can't let it work 24/7 due to power outage problem we don't have a stable electricity i live in (Iraqi Kurdistan) if i let it work there is always a chance of electrical short.
maybe i will assign some one to do it manually or i will buy a timer switch secret breaker,
thanks again.

Feklar
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:02 pm

There are several switched PDU's out there that you could probably program to do that for you. It's adding another piece of hardware to the mix, but would accomplish the goal of shutting down the router and anything else attached to it.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Just use normal timed switch for switching the power supply off and on. Don't make it overcomplicated.

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:59 pm