Community discussions

MikroTik App

myazdian
Topic Author

How to know default tx-power

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 am

Hello everyone
I like to know when I use tx-power=default (Netmetal) this router what dbm used...!!!
For example I have 2 PTP link with Netmetal one of them have a 8Km length the other one have a 3Km length.
On the both of links I use the 23 dbi dish antenna and the tx-power set to the default.
Know I want to know in the link 3km ap radio how much work in how much tx-power and the 8km link ap how much?

Thank in advance.

phuang3

Re: How to know default tx-power

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 am

This is exactly the question I am going to ask. It seems there is almost no information about this setting. All I know is that values higher than upper limit will damage the chip. Yet, what is the upper limit?

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:37 am

All I know is that values higher than upper limit will damage the chip. Yet, what is the upper limit?
Go to the http://routerboard.com/, click on the board you're interested in, then click on the "Brochure" link in the "More info" section. The PDF following the link should contain wireless specs you're looking for.

phuang3

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:22 am

All I know is that values higher than upper limit will damage the chip. Yet, what is the upper limit?
Go to the http://routerboard.com/, click on the board you're interested in, then click on the "Brochure" link in the "More info" section. The PDF following the link should contain wireless specs you're looking for.

Yes, I know there are some specs in brochure. Can you tell me what the value would be on the winbox setting? I see 6Mbit and 54Mbit settings, but what about the others? And the TX power for the card rate?

The Specification

Winbox setting

haik01

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:56 pm

if you have a spectrum analyzer, connect the routerboard to the analyzer, and see how much it gives.

myazdian
Topic Author

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:51 am

that's correct, on the routerboard.com hase a good spesification from the mikrotik products.
But I think when this PTP link is working on the free license frequency it work on the very modulation when have the multiple signals. ofr example when signal -70 modulation has HT-20-0 and upper signal this modulations is changed to HT-40-2.

If is correct please lest me the more information about how to use the stable modulation from the mikrotik PTP links on the free license frequency.

Thanks is advance

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Why do you want to set it manually to the default power? Setting "default" already does that. The custom setting is recommended only to lower the power, and only for people who have a really good reason and understanding to do this.

myazdian
Topic Author

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Why do you want to set it manually to the default power? Setting "default" already does that. The custom setting is recommended only to lower the power, and only for people who have a really good reason and understanding to do this.
Thanks normis
I use the manual TX-Power to reduce wireless tx power but I can't understand when tx-power is default how to select the wireless tx power?
Are there a amount variables on the different MCS

Greenzies
just joined

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:35 pm

Evenings i have been trying to establish what the default default value would be so i can know what to enter to reduce it by i can only enter integer value -30..30 TxPower ::= integer [-30..30]; Default: what is the default value i cant enter 13Dbi i can only do integers and cant find what the default value will be.