Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

roel
Topic Author

IP WITH NO MAC ADDRESS - IP ARP TAB

Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:30 am

Hi guys, 

We have a newly configured CCR1036 and i noticed that im seeing IP address with no mac address on my IP ARP, in our existing CCR1036 IP address which are inactive should not be seen on IP ARP table. Also those IP are dynamic. Anyone experience this one? or is there any problem on my configuration. Current version is 6.34.4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: IP WITH NO MAC ADDRESS - IP ARP TAB

Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:36 am

This has been discussed often on the forum.
These entries are ARP entries that are waiting to be resolved.
I.E. the systems with the addresses that you have hidden do not exist or are not powered on.
This is nothing to worry about.  When you don't want to see it you must make sure no traffic is sent to them.
(e.g. by firewall filtering when they are public unused addresses)

roel
Topic Author

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:06 am

This has been discussed often on the forum.
These entries are ARP entries that are waiting to be resolved.
I.E. the systems with the addresses that you have hidden do not exist or are not powered on.
This is nothing to worry about.  When you don't want to see it you must make sure no traffic is sent to them.
(e.g. by firewall filtering when they are public unused addresses)
Hi sir, thanks for the reply, but how to filter them, on our current CCR1036 i think we didnt filter anything there, but still inactive address are not seen. 

roel
Topic Author

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:16 am

I also tried searching in the forum that is related to my concern but i cant find one. Hope any can help. Thanks.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:23 am

It is a change in the firmware.  Previously these items were not shown and now they are.
It means there is traffic to addresses that to not exist.  Filter them somewhere in the forward chain and this "problem" is gone.
(it is not a problem unless you think it is)

roel
Topic Author

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:27 am

It is a change in the firmware.  Previously these items were not shown and now they are.
It means there is traffic to addresses that to not exist.  Filter them somewhere in the forward chain and this "problem" is gone.
(it is not a problem unless you think it is)
Ok thanks man.