I am grateful that the mac address is used to pinpoint the OID of a remote radio, what I dont understand is why the UID for signal strength ends with different numbers, sometimes its always .4, update the OS and it might become .1835 on one box but remain .4 on another, which breaks monitoring scripts I use on MRTG externally. For example:
I was pulling the signal Strength on a backhaul using the OID:
it remained this OID from v 2.9.27 (when I first did it) until I went to 2.9.30 the OID changed to 184.108.40.206.4.1.149220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.20.1835 for the same registrered client.
So I thought, ok they switch the ending OID entry for signal strength from .4 to .1835. So I checked other backhauls I upgraded, some remained .4, others changed to .1835 and some to .3 on the end when upgrading. If this isnt by design please look into fixing it, if this is by design then please consider making signal strength OIDs remain the same on a box unless of course the remote radio MAC changes so as to keep remote SNMP monitoring and graphing from halting or falsely reporting issues. Thanks