Community discussions

MikroTik App

kipmckay
Topic Author

MAC authentication in the User Manager

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:37 am

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have the latest software and am lost trying to impliment Mac authentication in user man.

:? Kip

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:30 am

To accomplish HotSpot MAC authentication using User Manager, setup User Manager to work properly with HotSpot with regular login/password, then enable 'login-by=mac' in the HotSpot profile and add clients MAC-addresses as login without password in the User Manager.

P.S. MAC authentication trough User Manager configuration examples was added to wiki,
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... entication

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: MAC authentication in the User Manager

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:11 am

Hello all,
I know this post is old but I need help on how to implement this with hotspot.

I have setup a hotspot for a school, but the school want a situation where some laptops in the Library will just connected to the internet without the splash or login page, but on my own, I want all to browse a bandwidth.

If I allow the mac-authenticate I observed it will not be assigned bandwidth, how do I assign bandwidth to each mac id either in usermanager or thru the hotspot (winbox).

Thanks and hoping to get an answer.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: MAC authentication in the User Manager

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Just in the same way as you assign bandwidth limitation for regular user, setup profile for user with MAC-address (there is no difference).