Community discussions

MikroTik App

ivicask
Topic Author

Disconnect Extensive Data Loss copying large files

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:55 am

Just noticed that during large file copy over network on hAP AC on 5ghz interface file transfer breaks after around 10 mins and than all clients gets disconnected and are unable to connect back for like 2mins.

I tried resting router to factory settings without touching any settings just plugin Ethernet port and connecting to unprotected network that router has set by default, the same issue occurs so its nothing in my setup.

Logs are not much helpful also all it shows is this at that point it breaks.

7C:5C:F8:3A:C6:54@GETIM_5g: disconnected, extensive data loss
80:7A:BF:3C:0B:05@GETIM_5g: disconnected, extensive data loss
18:65:90:B1:B7:E4@GETIM_5g: disconnected, extensive data loss

It disconnected all 3 clients, even other 2 where not doing any traffic.

And no, there are no other WIFI 5ghz network even in range, the laptop which was connected was around 3M from router, there are on obstacles, there are no possible interference..

What can i do here?

haik01

Re: Disconnect Extensive Data Loss copying large files

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:21 pm

Can you try the same, but use the 2,4 GHz band? Just to rule out the router setup.

ivicask
Topic Author

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:25 pm

Can you try the same, but use the 2,4 GHz band? Just to rule out the router setup.
I will try tomorrow, but as i said, i factory reset tested this without even entering router or setting any of settings in it.

Soon ill have one WAP AC ill test the same with it..

haik01

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:29 pm

make sure you use a separate SSID for 2,4 and 5 GHz. So you know exactly that you are connected to the 2,4 GHz. Or just disable the 5 GHz card.

ivicask
Topic Author

Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:05 am

make sure you use a separate SSID for 2,4 and 5 GHz. So you know exactly that you are connected to the 2,4 GHz. Or just disable the 5 GHz card.
It doesnt break on 2.4ghz, but also it doesnt break 5ghz if slower client is connected(up to 300mbit).Issue only occurs on fast AC(dual chain 780mbit) equipped laptops which seam to push router to edge and than it starts to break..

Also routers temp reaches up to 70C during this transfers, and room temperature is 22C and i dont see what i could do about it, its sitting alone on top of cold rack and there are no obstacles for air or dust..

haik01

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:47 pm

It doesnt break on 2.4ghz, but also it doesnt break 5ghz if slower client is connected(up to 300mbit).Issue only occurs on fast AC(dual chain 780mbit) equipped laptops which seam to push router to edge and than it starts to break..

Also routers temp reaches up to 70C during this transfers, and room temperature is 22C and i dont see what i could do about it, its sitting alone on top of cold rack and there are no obstacles for air or dust..
What does the distributor tells you? It "can" be a physical problem, but ask the distributor for a replacement, of a temporary borrow for a different model.

ivicask
Topic Author

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:00 am

I havent had time to debug this, soon ill have several WAP AC units and few fast AC enabled laptops with super fast SSDs than ill do more testing.

jdogjoy
just joined

Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:43 am

I had the same issue, on 5GHZ the copy started with 3MB/s and after 2 minutes dropped to zero and stay for a long time at this and no option to cancel the operation, at the beginning it was confusing since the copy was fine with another PC that connected with 2.4GHZ it was not great speed but the copy continue till the end and the speed was always around 2MB/s. per my previous experience I started to change the channel and frequency, as soon as I changed the Frequency to 5GHZ and only AC the speed rocketed to 11-14 MB/s and everything is smooth now.(browsing the shared drive had super slow and nerve racking).

to wrap up changing frequency 5HZ- only AC was a good solution for me. it should be the same for 2.5GHZ only N.

aitorm
just joined

Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:13 pm

I had the same issue, on 5GHZ the copy started with 3MB/s and after 2 minutes dropped to zero and stay for a long time at this and no option to cancel the operation, at the beginning it was confusing since the copy was fine with another PC that connected with 2.4GHZ it was not great speed but the copy continue till the end and the speed was always around 2MB/s. per my previous experience I started to change the channel and frequency, as soon as I changed the Frequency to 5GHZ and only AC the speed rocketed to 11-14 MB/s and everything is smooth now.(browsing the shared drive had super slow and nerve racking).

to wrap up changing frequency 5HZ- only AC was a good solution for me. it should be the same for 2.5GHZ only N.
I have exactly the same issue. ¿Do anyone know what does this happen?