Community discussions

MikroTik App

minelli
Topic Author

IPv6 DNS PPPoE Profile

Thu May 04, 2017 3:25 pm

Please add IPv6 DNS support in the PPPoE Profile.

stevens144
just joined

Re: IPv6 DNS PPPoE Profile

Thu May 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Up +1

saaremaa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 04, 2017 10:24 pm

+100500

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Any IPv6 feature is needed now. +1 (even though the forums really aren't the way Mikrotik takes feature requests)
;)

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 04, 2017 11:03 pm

I was a bit surprised that I could not enter it despite it is supported in /IP/DNS to enter a IPv6 DNS address of the server.

densiade
just joined

Fri May 05, 2017 5:35 am

Hi, I need too....DNS IPv6 nooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww plsssssssss

saaremaa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 05, 2017 12:29 pm

IMHO Start
We asked about the implementation of "IPV6 PPPoE accounting" + "Delegated-IPv6-Prefix" attribute for PPPoE". Answer will be "Thank you very much for the report." We are aware of this feature, we will see what we can do. "

We can ask for the implementation of IPV6 feature for ISP for a very long time, but Micro's answer will be "Thank you very much for the report. We are aware of this feature, we will see what we can do." It means - leave us alone and Look in the direction of other vendors.
IMHO Stop.

Network5

Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:38 pm

DNS IPv6 in PPPoE profile +1

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:03 pm

How useful are you going to resurrect a post from 6 years ago, which no longer corresponds to the current reality of how things are?

DNS IPv6 in PPPoE profile +1
Why do all my clients already have IPv6 DNS taken from the PPPoE Server, with no need for this request?
(and I don't cheat by coding it in the CPE where the PPPoE Client is)

Network5

Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:13 pm

I can understand your point, but from October in our country (IT), due to law enforcement, we'll HAVE TO let the client to specify the level of DNS filtering appropriate for their home network. Three profiles for now, as for my information (no filtering, basic filtering, child filtering).

The proposed solution was to have a different resolvers, one for each level of filtering and pass the IP to the clients, based on the chosen option.

My point was to be able to pass DNS resolver IP trough the RADIUS PPPoE user account preferences.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:26 pm

but from October in our country (IT)...
Ovvio che già lo so'..... Ho già visto alcune soluzioni e seguo Assoprovider. Me ne occuperò a Settembre, ora è presto.
Per adessso c'è in test un interfaccia che mi sono fatto, dove l'utente si logga e si cambia profilo del pppoe.
A seconda del profilo scelto cambia il pool degli IP Pubblici assegnati,
quindi risponde un server DNS diverso (in base all'IP Pubblico di arrivo),
a tutte le richieste DNS che arrivano dalla rete del cliente, fregandosene comlpetamente dell'IP/IPv6 usato.

Network5

Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:25 pm

(I'll relpy in english, as the forum is open to a wider audience.)

Yes, the proposed solution could be an alternative.
But, as per our internal policy, we hardly change IPs and assigned IPv6 networks to the clients. So we are trying to find a solution, that can be integrated with our RADIUS server and that doesn't mean change the whole network topology nor perform unnecessary routing and/or filtering tasks. Right now, passing to the client the chosen resolver is the simplest way. As we want to have a full dual stack network and we are encouraging our customers to adopt IPv6, the solution should be working for both stacks, in the same way.

If you have any other valid solution we will be very happy to hear from you.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:10 pm

(I'll relpy in english, as the forum is open to a wider audience.)

Yes, the proposed solution could be an alternative.
But, as per our internal policy, we hardly change IPs and assigned IPv6 networks to the clients. So we are trying to find a solution, that can be integrated with our RADIUS server and that doesn't mean change the whole network topology nor perform unnecessary routing and/or filtering tasks. Right now, passing to the client the chosen resolver is the simplest way. As we want to have a full dual stack network and we are encouraging our customers to adopt IPv6, the solution should be working for both stacks, in the same way.

If you have any other valid solution we will be very happy to hear from you.
Perché no,
as I said, we'll talk about it again in September, now I'm too busy to follow the new fiber activations for expanding the network capacity.

Either way, you have to intercept DNS requests and redirect them to yours, plus you have to block DoH,
otherwise the basic filter doesn't work even with newly installed browsers and smartphones as they come out of the box...