I have got 2 new RB260GS (ID: CSS106-5G-1S) - I did some basic setup:
- set IP - only IP - no field for mask or gateway ?! (WTH?)
- admin password
To the main issue
I found on MT page there is update for RB260GS (CSS106-xxx):
So I grabbed the file, went to my first RB260GS (ID: CSS106-5G-1S) , go to Upgrade tab, I see there button "Download&Install" but it' inactive (well there was nowhere to set GW...):version 2.2 for new RB260GS(CSS106-5G-1S), new RB260GSP(CSS106-1G-4P-1S) https://download2.mikrotik.com/swos/2.2 ... 1s-2.2.bin
I thought, ok , I sill got the "Manual upgrade" section, selected the file:
Click "Upgrade", and "what the hell?!":
If I scroll within the area where was file selection button with middle mouse button: I can see the css106 front page?!
And, yes, I've waited about 2 hours at first attempt... Nothing happen: upgrade form leads to "switch home page that open in that small 'iframe' "
I tried also using other ports than SFP and ETH1/ETH5 to perform upgrade - but still that same behavior (on both RB260)...
I'm not sure, but the firmware file from mikrotik have "bin" extension , while for swOS 1.17 the extension is "lzb" - maybe switch expect "lzb" not the "bin" ?
Do I do something wrong or just my hardware is not the "New version" - but on labels (on box and switch) it says "CSS106-5G-1S" ...
Or maybe I'm just too stupid to using MT hardware
--- Added: 2017-05-17 11:06 ---
I did some digging with Developer mode in FF and I starting to think that there is a bug in upgrade mechanism in my firmware...
Explaining: This is the network monitor from FF dev tools:
When opening the page: http://184.108.40.206/index.html#upgrade: (220.127.116.11 is example RB260 ip address )
- it checks upgrade.mikrotik.com for new FW (this is done on web browser side) - so there is no need for GW on switch - clever solution Mikrotik
- in response to version check it get nothing (?? - not even single bit )
- The file is being uploaded via AJAX POST request to http://18.104.22.168/upgrade
- but in response it get HTTP code: 303 Use Instead
- and the iframe (with file selection input) is redirected to index.html (home page of the switch)....