Community discussions

MikroTik App

JulesFM
just joined
Topic Author

Webfig won't allow editing firewall filter rules

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:36 pm

If I click on a rule in the ip firewall filter rules page, nothing happens. I can't drag/drop them either.
*Every* other page in Webfig works perfectly, just this one doesn't.

I have tried it on numerous different browsers on different machines with different OSes, including browsers that have never been installed/used on that PC/Mac before so nothing can be left in old caches.

I can still edit these rules totally normally via ssh.
I can add new rules in Webfig.
But Webfig "click" and "drag and drop" events on this 1 page have no effect.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

I'm running a RB750GL with latest stable RouterOS release as of yesterday (6th August 2017).

Thanks,
Jules.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Webfig won't allow editing firewall filter rules

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Problems like this have been recently reported by others, but I have never reproduced them.
Try going back to "bugfix" release and see if it is different.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:03 pm

I don't normally use WebFig - usually use WinBox. However in response to this thread, I am logged into my RB750r2 with 6.38.5 and having no problems with firewall rules.
Next, I logged into my RB750Gr3 running 6.39.2 and it's also working fine.
I am using FireFox version 52.2.1 (32 bit) on an old Dell desktop using Windows XP SP3

JulesFM
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:43 am

Problems like this have been recently reported by others, but I have never reproduced them.
I've just tried that. Am now on v6.38.7. No change in behaviour, that 1 page still doesn't work.

Anything I can do to help you diagnose the problem?

Thanks, Jules.

JulesFM
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Not only can I still not edit my /ip firewall filter rules, I cannot edit my static DNS entries either. I can add to them, but not edit any of them.

Any ideas?
Jules.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Is it possible that your router has thousands of entries in IP/Firewall/Address List?

If it does, then this seems to be a cause of the problem. Fix for this problem is in our to-do list.

JulesFM
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Is it possible that your router has thousands of entries in IP/Firewall/Address List?

If it does, then this seems to be a cause of the problem. Fix for this problem is in our to-do list.
It has 16 entries.

And another thing that's broken: if I attempt to login to my router via ssh or www from any subnet other than the small original private class C (192.168.21/24), I always get the error "Authentication failed: invalid username or password". Always. And if I log in from my original 192.168.21/24, it always lets me in.
Attached are screenshots showing a failed login (with proof of the client IP address), and one showing the (slightly redacted to protect the innocent) output of "/ip services print detail" clearly showing the network 192.168.0.0/16 in the list of allowed networks.
Exactly the same password rejection happens for both www and ssh. Every time, 100% reproducible.
I even power-cycled the router before doing that test. It made no difference at all.

There is now so much broken, it's a pain. There are zero signs of any physical fault or problem with the router. It's well ventilated, it's not in a cupboard or anything. It's not on top of anything warm, let alone hot. There is nothing on top of it, no obstructions to ventilation holes, nothing.
None of the problems I have vary at all, they are all 100% reproducible every single time. It really doesn't sound like a hardware problem.
If I buy a replacement device, what confidence should I have that it will behave any better when I export my current config and load it into a brand new device?

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Jules.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Try to do a netinstall of 6.40.1 and reconfigure it from scratch.
When you have lots of config you can do a /export first and put some things back using cut-and-paste, but don't paste the entire config in one go as that will fail.
Decide per section if you want to do that simply via webfig or paste it into the command window from the export.

JulesFM
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:54 pm

It has 16 entries.

And another thing that's broken: if I attempt to login to my router via ssh or www from any subnet other than the small original private class C (192.168.21/24), I always get the error "Authentication failed: invalid username or password".
Found my mistake on that last one (the login problem).
I had checked all the /ip settings for anything relevant, I had totally forgotten this is controlled by an ACL in /users.
Sorry!

However, I still can't edit my /ip firewall filter rules or my static DNS entries, in webfig.

mzahor
just joined

Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:14 am

I am experiencing the same problems. The webfig ip->firewall->nat table doesn’t respond and the same for static dns entries. I upgraded to 6.40.1 and it made no difference. Last worked about 6 months ago with whatever version was current then. It is a CRS109-8G-1S-2HnD.
There are about 20 rules in the nat table

IanC
just joined

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:22 am

I am experiencing the same problems. The webfig ip->firewall->nat table doesn’t respond ...
Me too while using Chrome v63 in normal mode. The only extensions that I have enabled are the Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Keep, Hangouts & Chrome Remote Desktop besides HTTPS Everywhere & LastPass. All ad blockers are disabled

MS Edge & Chrome Incognito mode do work though. In Incognito mode I still have HTTPS Everywhere and LastPass enabled.

JulesFM
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Interesting to hear that Chrome Incognito works for you. I must give that a try!

EnigmAX
just joined

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Same problem here.Chrome user. CCR1009 running 6.41.

Tried incognito mode and it works.
Disabled both lastpass and ublock origin. Closed my browser and it worked in normal (non-incognito) mode.
Enabled both lastpass and ublock origin. Closed my browser and it worked in normal (non-incognito) mode. :?

andreloxas
just joined

Thu May 10, 2018 3:25 pm

I have to say about 2 things:
- drag and drop for firewall filter rules
- funny stuff happening when I upgraded for the second time to 6.42.1

I'll start with the second thing:
- Some weird changes happened with my router right on update.
-- first thing: mac server , winbox and neighborhood got changed a LOT! Interface, the way it works, the switch to turn it on and off, where they get to be available (lan, bridge, wlan ...), and the switches went to "quick set". That was the most weird thing of all and nothing mentioned on the changelog .
-- second thing: enabling the ipv6 package, it came with no rules at all (defconfs), after downgrading and updrading, lot's of defconf started to appear for filter rules and address lists as well, that were not there when I enabled the same package for the same version in the first time.
-- third thing: my ipv4 rules got changed in a way that resembled the way I left the ipv6 rules, I have a "drop all" rule at the end of each table (input, output and forward), the same rule changed in the exact same way from ipv6 rules (made by me) to ipv4 (not done by me). Ô.Ô
-- fourth thing: that "drop all" rule got on top of all the accept rules that I enabled, for just a few ports and protocols but all traffic was passing trough all the same ! Ô.Ô. DNS queries, NTP, and traffic on ports 80 and 443.

All this made me think about a few probabilities, which I will not discuss but ... Ô.Ô

Well let's move along ...

All drag and dropping of filter rules got fixed when I did reset, after a downgrade to bugfix and an upgrade to 6.42.1, and imported all my config from a previously saved export.

Also, the rules I exported before the downgrade and upgrade got a lot bigger than before in more or less 60%, the file I generated before all this monkey bussiness had a size of 27 Kb and during this monkey business fenomena it went to 93.3 Kb. Not many rules were changed between exports, I don't have a clue why it got so big, I will diff it to see what happened, because even by enabling ipv6 I cannot believe it would grow 60% in size.

To sum it up, after a reset, downgrade and upgrade, it all got back to normal : drag and drop of rules and the layout of mac server, winbox and neighborhood services configuration part .

That is it ! I hope I have not done too much to grow any todo list anywhere.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 11, 2018 10:52 am

As usual with commenters on this forum you give too little information to work with, e.g. you don't mention the version you had before
updating to 6.42.1. And this is important because several of the changes you mention were in fact not in 6.42.1 or 6.42 but in earlier versions.
Not every changelog mentions all changes relative to 1.0! You will have to keep track of all the changes between your version and the
one you install. Elsewhere I suggested to MikroTik to put a tool on the website that gives all changes between two specified versions,
but right now you will have to do that yourself. And in general it is not advisable to make big version jumps as you are going to get many
surprises all at once.

W.r.t. inconsistent behaviour when configuring:
I recommend you to do an export of your configuration, a netinstall and then manually configure the router using your export as a guide.

DrRob
just joined

Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:20 pm

You can't drag/drop filter rules unless they're sorted by the '#' column.

emoxam
just joined

Tue May 17, 2022 3:11 pm

You can't drag/drop filter rules unless they're sorted by the '#' column.
Thanks! Who would have know!