Community discussions

MikroTik App

treetopwoody
just joined
Topic Author

SBC and 1100 Routerboard

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:50 am

I have a Mikrotik 1100 H2 routerboard and have been asked if it is an SBC router. Can someone answer that question?

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SBC and 1100 Routerboard

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:19 pm

If SBC should mean Single Board Computer, then yes, according to the pictures it is built on a single board.
If you actually mean SoC (System on a Chip), then no, the QorIQ P2020 has external RAM and Flash, with a dual core e500v2 architecture on chip.

Why is this relevant?

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:59 pm

And if you mean Session Boarder Controller (a VoIP protection/management device) then no, none of RouterBOARDs is SBC.

treetopwoody
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:48 pm

If SBC should mean Single Board Computer, then yes, according to the pictures it is built on a single board.
If you actually mean SoC (System on a Chip), then no, the QorIQ P2020 has external RAM and Flash, with a dual core e500v2 architecture on chip.

Why is this relevant?
By SBC I meant Session Border Controller. When we contact another company and the call is forwarded, the connection is being dropped. This is what we are being told: "In the initial early offer SIP INVITE we see the SDP media attribute “sendrecv”. This allows voice to pass in both directions. In the SIP 200 OK SDP we see that by not having a media attribute at all it is by default in accepting the “sendrecv” status. Later, when the Promedica PBX goes to transfer the call from the auto attendant they send a SIP INVITE SDP to mark the stream as “inactive” since that stream will not be used again by that particular system. When the Promedica PBX sends out a new SIP INVITE and the Central Travel PBX responds with a late/delayed offer it is not recognizing that as part of RFC 3264 and RFC 6337 it should have used the media attribute “sendrecv” in the SDP. It is instead still using “inactive” which forces the Promedica PBX to also mark the stream as “inactive” and the call is essentially stuck on hold." Our Toshiba support person said: The Toshiba system does not do any media anchoring. This will take an SBC router."

That's the reason for the question.

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:35 am

Well, RouterOS does have an SIP ALG. That does not really turn RouterOS into a real SBC, but may cause some troubles like yours. You can try turning it on or off and see if it helps.

treetopwoody
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Well, RouterOS does have an SIP ALG. That does not really turn RouterOS into a real SBC, but may cause some troubles like yours. You can try turning it on or off and see if it helps.
SIP was disabled. I enabled it and began getting reports back that calls were breaking up. I disabled it and the calls were no longer breaking up. It's hard for me to accept that Mikrotik routerboards are not compatible with some PBX phone systems but that's the way it's looking.