Community discussions

MikroTik App

kasikks
just joined
Topic Author

RBmAPL-2nD (mAP lite) problem! [SOLVED]

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:20 am

Please help as newcomer!

Before some medification for this device, I have access to do it. (WinBox and browser, no problem)
But, after I configure it for repeater, device reboot, and after I dont have any chance to get in and continue modify.

In WinBox I can see device IP (192.168.88.1) and MAC adress.
But when I start connect, ir says :

ERROR: could not connect to 6C:3B.....

I reset and reboot many times, but no changes.
Also do reset phisicaly on device.

On my network I have also router, and with him no problem, I can get in.
(its RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN)

Please help.
Thanks in advance
Last edited by kasikks on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RBmAPL-2nD (mAP lite) problem!

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:06 am

Try the "clear cache" option in Winbox loader menu.

kasikks
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:43 am

Hello
Unfortunately no changes....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shadeofspirit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:39 am

Hello
how do you power it up (poe or micro usb)?
i have 2 map lite and 1 cap lite (it is the same as map lite) and i have problems with one map lite (one of the first revisions) and cap lite.
the problem is that it can power up by poe and boot properly only if it was not in use for a long time, but if reboot it - lose any connection to it. So, if you power it up by poe, try to power by micro usb and connect Ethernet cable after it boots up

kasikks
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 am

Hello
how do you power it up (poe or micro usb)?
i have 2 map lite and 1 cap lite (it is the same as map lite) and i have problems with one map lite (one of the first revisions) and cap lite.
the problem is that it can power up by poe and boot properly only if it was not in use for a long time, but if reboot it - lose any connection to it. So, if you power it up by poe, try to power by micro usb and connect Ethernet cable after it boots up
There is no problem with power.
PWR blinking, also wireless simbol make some activities, so thats mean is conected, I supose.
I boot it by microUSB powered.

Any another solution?
It can go wrong, if I didnt complete some configuration correct in sesion, when I can connect device? (as I teld before, ater hard reset, its no problem to connect device)
As I understand, if I see MAC adress, its mean I shoud connect to device. Is it?

Shadeofspirit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 am

As I understand, if I see MAC adress, its mean I shoud connect to device. Is it?
yes, if you see it's MAC in neighbors then you should connec't to it, but if you had disabled neighbor service or blocked it form this interface you will unable to connect by it. can you connect to it by any other service (web, ssh)?

kasikks
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:16 pm

yes, if you see it's MAC in neighbors then you should connec't to it, but if you had disabled neighbor service or blocked it form this interface you will unable to connect by it. can you connect to it by any other service (web, ssh)?
Yes, same situation....

Shadeofspirit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Yes, same situation....
strange. you had made clear config or import from other device?

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 pm

yes
Actually, no. Not necessarily.

Neighbor discovery and MAC-based management services (MAC-telnet and MAC-WinBox) are all distinct things and should be enabled/disabled separately. The fact that you see you device (including its MAC address) in the neighbor list does not mean you can connect to it using MAC-WinBox or MAC-telnet and vice versa.

pcjc
just joined

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Are you connecting via Ethernet, or via the wifi network?

Whichever it is, if possible, try coming at it from the other interface.

When you configure the device, make sure there are no bridge filter rules which could affect things (if i recall correctly, one of my devices creates the opposite (incorrect) bridge firewall rule for obtaining an address via DHCP when configured by quickset.

Secondly, check which interface(s) services such as winbox are available on before applying new configuration. Enable "all" before reconfiguring things if it isn't already. I kept locking myself out of my hAP AC whilst configuring it like this until I realised. (Had to factory reset to get back in).

kasikks
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks for everybodys comments.
I was find out very good topic.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=113533&p=592805&hil ... de#p592805

This was help me a lot!!!

Till next time!