Community discussions

MikroTik App

n2jti
just joined
Topic Author

Interface Port reset when there is no Rx traffic

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:25 pm

I have a device that seems to get "hung-up" and stop sending Rx packets to the router, I see Tx packets going to it. To get it working all I need to do is disable and enable the port. Can someone help me with a script that when the interface stop seeing Rx traffic it will disable then re-enable the port.
Thanks all help is good appreciated.
Please Post Your Reply.

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Interface Port reset when there is no Rx traffic

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:35 pm

I'd say that it would be better to get to the bottom of why this happens in the first place, not put a BandAid on it.

Have you tried:
Switching ethernet cables
Switching to a different interface on the Mikrotik
Looking at the device's state when not sending packets to the Mikrotik anymore?
- e.g. does it have DHCP and thinks that it lost its lease?
- have you tried setting it to a static IP address if currently configured as DHCP?
etc -

In short, change one thing at a time and see if the problem goes away or not until you get to the bottom of it. This behavior is not normal and should not be worked around by just bouncing the port.

n2jti
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:29 am

All good thoughts, I just changed out the cable today, will be waiting for it to happen again, I am running a static IP address, can't get too much information from the unit, I have had this happen at multiple sites and have cured it by using a AC power monitor that also sends a ping to the unit, if it fails to reply in X, then it resets AC. I have been monitoring traffic on the interface looking for bad packet, etc. I feel that it might be a auto negotiation issue. Bouncing the port works to reset it. I have also tried setting my port speed manually, find that at some site 10H, 100H, 100F does the trick. Unit can only handle max 100F. Thanks for the thoughts and information, hope that I can get someone to help me with a script.

TaneiAntonioPrill
just joined

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:16 pm

I have same problem, with "switch netPower 16p poe", what is the solution for that ?

alex32c
just joined

Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:09 pm

I have the same problem with lhgg lte 6