Community discussions

MikroTik App

areyesilva
just joined
Topic Author

Port-forwarding 2 Public IP addresses

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:08 am

Hi guys,
I am struggling to configure my RB2011U1 with another setup the ISP has changed to its router-modem Huawei HG8045H. I have attached the link so you can see some more details.

The thing is that the Public Dynamic IP I get when I query in the Browser is different than the one that is in the Router of the ISP. So I have tried port forwarding those 2 but neither of them works. Can you please give me a feedback what to do in this case?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_5h5N1 ... sp=sharing

florid

Re: Port-forwarding 2 Public IP addresses

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:32 am

The IP shows on the modem starts with 100.64 right? This is not a public IP, it is a private ip scope. Your ISP does another NAT. Nothing you can do other than talk to your ISP to get a public IP address.
If you want to do port forwarding, you need to change the ISP modem to bridge mode and let Mikrotik device get the public IP.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:29 am

You're behind Carrier Grade NAT with range in 100.64.0.0/10 of your ISP. You can't do port forwarding from the interface of your ISP. You need globally routable IP on your CPE.

matiaszon

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:33 am

The other way is to set up a VPN on remote machine (VPS), and make port forwarding to your LAN through your router. This is what I have recently done.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:51 am

The other way is to set up a VPN on remote machine (VPS), and make port forwarding to your LAN through your router. This is what I have recently done.
It's a crutch.

matiaszon

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:22 pm

It's a crutch.
What crutch? Sometimes, if you have no other way to get the public IP, it's the only way.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:02 pm

It's a crutch.
What crutch? Sometimes, if you have no other way to get the public IP, it's the only way.
Better change the ISP.

matiaszon

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:57 pm

It's a crutch.
Better change the ISP.
Yes, if you have plenty of them. Imagine the situation, that you have only 1 mobile ISP available in your area, becuse you like to live in a countryside. Maybe you will become an ISP then?

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:37 am

It's a crutch.
Better change the ISP.
Yes, if you have plenty of them. Imagine the situation, that you have only 1 mobile ISP available in your area, becuse you like to live in a countryside. Maybe you will become an ISP then?
Someday ^^

matiaszon

Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:33 am

It's a crutch.
Better change the ISP.
Someday ^^
Good luck then! :)