Community discussions

Stovepipe01
just joined
Topic Author

Double Edged Sword. :D RB951

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:42 pm

So, here's an interesting question.

I have an RB951 that I purchased in a lot. The reset button has been broken off, and the ethernet ports are cooked (all of them).

I used the internal reset pad to reset it, so now I have an SSID of "Customer RB951" with a security key. I have googled, but cannot find the key. I also can't connect with WPS, since the reset switch is gone. Can't netinstall, since the ports are fried. :D

I just wanna play around with this one, make a repeater off another MikroTik and try some cool stuff. Does anyone have any idea what the key may be? Normis.. can you provide insight?

It makes the reset noise every boot, so I know it's back to defaults. But it seems to not be loading the default config.

Thanks anyone for any help.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Double Edged Sword. :D RB951

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Drop it into bin and look for working one.
Real admins use real keyboards.

sid5632

Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:25 pm

I used the internal reset pad to reset it, so now I have an SSID of "Customer RB951" with a security key. I have googled, but cannot find the key.
Does anyone have any idea what the key may be?

It makes the reset noise every boot, so I know it's back to defaults. But it seems to not be loading the default config.
It isn't back to the default config. - the beeps don't mean that.
That SSID and whatever the key is were set by whoever owned it last. You have no chance of guessing it.
Unless you can force the reset to defaults then it's useless.

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:22 am