Community discussions

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

user manager usb disk not found

Tue May 01, 2018 3:47 pm

i am using user manager 6.42.1 for a new hotspot and every some days i found out that users cannot login because the ccr1009 cannot find the usb disk starage where the user manager database exists. its a usb flashdrive 4gb. i dont have any power outage because ccr is on ups. i have to restart many times plug/unplug the usb to see it on files menu.
why is this happening. should i try another usb stick? or should i go for a aws chr image and use it only for user manager with vpn?

i dont have problems when using internal storage for user manager but its only 128mb and i dont want to have many writes in internal flash.

Nazking
just joined

Re: user manager usb disk not found

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:59 pm

I've the same problem with ccr1009-8g-1s
I can't see the usb flash drive in Disk list...
any help plz.

petertosh

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:53 pm

I use userman with an external USB-SSD with OTG-Cable without problems for two years now. Before that I had tried internal memory (not good, too much wear, random errors) and an external USB-drive with micro-usb port (not good, drive often remounted with another name). Since I put the USB-SSD on the CCR the filesystem is stable and userman runs without problems. So, yes the flash drive can be the culprit.

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:53 pm

I use userman with an external USB-SSD with OTG-Cable without problems for two years now. Before that I had tried internal memory (not good, too much wear, random errors) and an external USB-drive with micro-usb port (not good, drive often remounted with another name). Since I put the USB-SSD on the CCR the filesystem is stable and userman runs without problems. So, yes the flash drive can be the culprit.
so you use the OTG-cable with the usb cable that came with the ssd to connect it to the CCR. right?

petertosh

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:04 pm

yep. That works. But you should be careful, the USB-port on the CCR is rather delicate. Bend or pull the OTG-cable a little to the left or right and the disc gets remounted. And the paths will change, therefore userman will complain. But if you leave it in a cabinet where no one touches the cables, it works. At my place now two years 24/7 without further problems.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:07 pm

Maybe it is better to use a Micro SD card, that is a little more sturdy.

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:53 am

yes Bend or pull the OTG-cable and you are out of luck so i dismissed the OTG-Cable.
now on my CCR customer i am using flash drive with micro-USB. Its not loose anymore. this season (6 months) not a problem with 6.43.14.
didnt thought of using an SSD though. good idea.
i am using this..

https://www.sandisk.com/home/mobile-dev ... ve-usb-m-3

petertosh

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Yep I bought and tested the same Sandisk drive but I had random remounts. And then I had a nice Intel 80GB SSD in an USB-enclosure and this works perfectly.