Before i start describing my problem, i will try to explain the better i can the configuration i have (picture bellow for a better view).
- I have my own range of IP addresses that i am announcing with my own ASN.
- I have only one internet provider wich i connect to directly.
- The above internet provider doesn't have communities.
- I have a GRE tunnel established with a 2nd provider.
- I am announcing the IPs on both providers with BGP.
- I am very new to BGP and routing and i've been reading about BGP and Mikrotik configurations since some time now and the configuration i made so far is very basic (even the filters).
Now, here's the complicated part: My problem.
I want to split the incoming traffic between national and international. I want that all my national traffic comes directly thru ISP Provider 1 and the rest over ISP Provider 2.
I've been reading several posts here and over internet. Some say it's not possible to control the incoming traffic, others say it's possible to control the traffic incoming to my ASN. So, i am really a bit confused about it.
What i know, is that i can control the incoming traffic with communities. But my provider doesn't have communities.
So... i come up with this idea: Has the IP space on my country doesn't change too much, is it possible that i create my self a list with the ranges on my country and set them on a community wich i will then apply to the BGP? Will that work?
If anybody has a better suggestion, i am all ears.
Note: I've already seen someone controling this the way i wanted. He doesn't have communities either. But, for obvious reasons, he doesn't want to help on this.