Community discussions

MikroTik App

fgmt
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless repeater DHCP problem

Thu May 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a wireless repeater for an existing wifi that I can't influcence myself. I'm using a GrooveA 52 with v6.42.2.

[OriginalWifi] ---- [Groove] ---- [Smartphone1..N]

After multiple tries configuring it manually I tried to use the "Setup repeater wizard" which does the same configuration as I did manually. My problem is when I connect my repeated wifi clients will not get an IP via DHCP through the repeated wifi. Seems like there is an issue forwarding DHCP requests over to the original wifi. Is this expected to work or am I misunderstanding something?

Greetings.

yhfung
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Wireless repeater DHCP problem

Fri May 25, 2018 2:50 am

[OriginalWifi] ---- [Groove] ---- [Smartphone1..N]
Recently I did the same configuration as you did except the original WiFi was also an MikroTik router (hAP ac^2). It worked very well without any issue. If you have another MikroTik WiFi router, please try to replace the original WiFi with the MikroTik one to see the configuration okay or not.

Or

Replace Groove by another MikroTik WiFi router to check which part gives the problem.

elenax
just joined

Fri May 25, 2018 8:46 am

I thinks the problem lies with your rebroadcasting router and it is not syncing with the new device as yhfung say try replacing the WiFi

fgmt
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2018 12:50 pm

I gave it a try using a mikrotik AP. There it works without any problems at all. If I use the TP-Link AP I end up with problems again.

The Groove connects to the original wifi without any problems. The clients connecting to the groove have severe connection problems. After connecting they try to get an IP which fails. Then after some time they get disconnected. See the log below for details.

Is there a known issue concerning TP-Link AP's? I'm trying to get access to a different vendor's AP for testing.
Flags: X - disabled, R - running 
 0  R name="wlan1" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1600 mac-address=YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY arp=enabled interface-type=Atheros AR9300 
      mode=station-pseudobridge ssid="theopenwifi" frequency=auto band=2ghz-b/g/n channel-width=20mhz 
      secondary-channel="" scan-list=default wireless-protocol=any vlan-mode=no-tag vlan-id=1 wds-mode=disabled 
      wds-default-bridge=none wds-ignore-ssid=no bridge-mode=enabled default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=yes 
      default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0 hide-ssid=no security-profile=open-wifi compression=no 

1  R name="wlan2" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1600 mac-address=YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY arp=enabled interface-type=virtual master-interface=wlan1 
      mode=ap-bridge ssid="test" vlan-mode=no-tag vlan-id=1 wds-mode=disabled wds-default-bridge=none wds-ignore-ssid=no 
      bridge-mode=enabled default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0 
      hide-ssid=no security-profile=open-wifi

3   name="open-wifi" mode=none authentication-types=wpa-psk,wpa2-psk unicast-ciphers=aes-ccm group-ciphers=aes-ccm 
     wpa-pre-shared-key="" wpa2-pre-shared-key="" supplicant-identity="" eap-methods="" tls-mode=no-certificates 
     tls-certificate=none mschapv2-username="" mschapv2-password="" static-algo-0=none static-key-0="" static-algo-1=none 
     static-key-1="" static-algo-2=none static-key-2="" static-algo-3=none static-key-3="" static-transmit-key=key-0 
     static-sta-private-algo=none static-sta-private-key="" radius-mac-authentication=no radius-mac-accounting=no 
     radius-eap-accounting=no interim-update=0s radius-mac-format=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX radius-mac-mode=as-username 
     radius-mac-caching=disabled group-key-update=5m management-protection=allowed management-protection-key="" 

19:53:26 wireless,debug wlan2: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX attempts to associate 
19:53:26 wireless,debug wlan2: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX not in local ACL, by default accept 
19:53:26 wireless,info XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX@wlan2: connected, signal strength -46 
19:53:37 wireless,info XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX@wlan2: disconnected, received deauth: sending station leaving (3) 
19:53:39 wireless,debug wlan2: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX attempts to associate 
19:53:39 wireless,debug wlan2: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX not in local ACL, by default accept 
19:53:39 wireless,info XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX@wlan2: connected, signal strength -45 
19:53:54 wireless,info XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX@wlan2: disconnected, received deauth: sending station leaving (3) 
19:53:56 wireless,debug wlan2: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX attempts to associate 
19:53:56 wireless,debug wlan2: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX not in local ACL, by default accept 
19:53:56 wireless,info XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX@wlan2: connected, signal strength -44 
19:54:16 wireless,info XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX@wlan2: disconnected, received deauth: sending station leaving (3)

sagope
just joined

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi allí
I think I have the same problem. I have a hexlite with two vlan and a Groove with two wlan, one for each vlan. There are two tplink repeaters for each vlan in other buildings. The hexlite provides dhcp in the vlan's. It was running ok until today when I updated the mikrotik devices. Now dhcp doesn't run in repeaters but It works in the Groove. Did you find any solution to the problem?

Regards

benniebez
just joined

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Your wireless mode should be pseudo-station for non-Mikrotik wireless or station for Mikrotik wireless