Community discussions

MikroTik App

onur
just joined
Topic Author

css326 DHCP Snooping

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:21 pm

how can i enable DHCP on only one port?

on System Tab i can set DHCP & PPPoE Snooping - Trusted Ports.
this is not working as accepted.
i want to enable only one DHCP server on one Port (in my setup Port 24).
when doing this - DHCP is not working anymore.
i have to enable also client ports as trusted - but this makes no sense.

regards, onur

EdPa
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: css326 DHCP Snooping

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 pm

We have found that there is a software issue with DHCP Snooping when you use VLAN for your access ports. When VLAN tags are not used, DHCP Snooping should work as expected. The fix will be included in following SwOS releases.

leeph
just joined

Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:23 pm

It's now 2021 and DHCP snooping when using VLANs still doesn't work... my DHCP server runs inside a VMWare ESXi virtual machine on a distributed virtual switch (dVS) across most of my VLANs that are set up on the Mikrotiks.If I try to restrict to only the ESXi interfaces where the DHCP server lives, everything goes haywire - I even saw a kind of DHCP loop today while testing it. The only way it works is if every port is Trusted. There should be a way to turn this feature off entirely, especially if it doesn't work. The SWOS manual is also WOEFULLY short of information about what it does. There's literally no information at all on the PPPoE 'snooping' side of it.

Please address this in SWOS 2.14.

redax
just joined

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:23 pm

This is soo disappointing, please fix this for the next SwOS release, please.
BTW, when will there be a new release for the CSS326 line?

regards,
It's now 2021 and DHCP snooping when using VLANs still doesn't work... my DHCP server runs inside a VMWare ESXi virtual machine on a distributed virtual switch (dVS) across most of my VLANs that are set up on the Mikrotiks.If I try to restrict to only the ESXi interfaces where the DHCP server lives, everything goes haywire - I even saw a kind of DHCP loop today while testing it. The only way it works is if every port is Trusted. There should be a way to turn this feature off entirely, especially if it doesn't work. The SWOS manual is also WOEFULLY short of information about what it does. There's literally no information at all on the PPPoE 'snooping' side of it.

Please address this in SWOS 2.14.

redax
just joined

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:31 pm

by the way, if "Add Information Option" is unchecked, the dhcp snoopings seems to be working with VLANs