Community discussions

redalg
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN Basic configuration

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi!

I have been setting up my CRS125-24G-1S and hap ac. Everything works very well, cloud router works as router to internet (nat, firewall) and CAPsMAN works fine. Hap ac has 2 SSID's which are connected to different VLANs and there is now problem with these. InterVLAN and internet access works as expected.

Now I would like to configure one port to a same vlan as one of my ssid, but how should I do it? I'm really confused about conflicting guides in internet. Lets say, I want to have VLAN 100 to port 24 in my cloud router. What should I configure for bridge? How about switch-cpu1? There is Ingress and Egress, tagged and untagged - what is the difference?

I have tested many different configurations but all where I have succeed is blocking my self out of router and need for reset it. I'm not requesting any ready made config lines because I would like to understand how dot1q is working in mikrotik and in which layer of ISO OSI-model each component is working. Which part of ports/bridge/switch should have tagged/untagged, should I have filtering or not, should I use RSTP or not? Which port should have ingress and which egress? Uh.. I'm confused :)

redalg
just joined
Topic Author

Re: VLAN Basic configuration

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:39 am

Got now VLAN filtering enabled for bridge without locking myself out of management. So, untagged interfaces seems to be working as expected. I still have problems with tagging. Adding a port to bridge with tagging doesn't work. Also ssid's (cap) with vlan doesn't work.

1. If I want to have a interface on router in a VLAN and want that VLAN to be routed untagged to a ethernet port, should I add that vlan interface tagged or untagged to bridge? Or should I leave it completely out from bridge VLAN list?

2. How should I configure cap interface with vlan tagging? Should it be added tagged/untagged to bridge or should it be left out?

CZFan
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:45 am

MTCNA, MTCTCE & MTCRE

sid5632
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Complete with loads of errors...

R2 diagram shows ether2 not ether1 as per the script.
172.168.1.x should be 172.16.1.x

No wonder people get confused when the examples are often wrong.