Community discussions

derict
just joined
Topic Author

.npk files auto deleted

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Hey guys, I need help, pls..
I've RB951, and need to upgrade OS version, but everytime I uploaded .npk file to upgrade it's gone auto deleted.
I tried via ftp or drag-n-drop and download form system-packages, all failed cuz .npk file auto deleted
is there any other method to upgrade??

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: .npk files auto deleted

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:46 pm

You must upload to the Files menu, not in Packages menu.
Also, I suggest using easier method:

In packages menu click "check for updates"
No answer to your question? How to write posts

powerek
just joined

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:05 am

i have same problem. My routerboard is affected. Everytime i want to upload npk file something like hidden script delete it. If i want to copy no npk file everything is ok. How i can upgrade my router from not rootmenu but folder because it is no problem to upload npk file to public folder?

gnievas
just joined

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:08 am

It happens the same to me too. if I record a photo it does not erase it but if an npk is copied it is automatically deleted

proxy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Same problem here, whatever method we're using to upload the files, it automatically deletes .npk files. At this point you can't upgrade the router.
We've noticed that if you rename the extension, like .npk2 or whatever, it DOESN't delete the file. Only .npk files are affected.
The routers who have this issue are currently on version 6.34 and 6.34.x.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

nescafe2002
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Perhaps some kind of malware. Have you checked scheduler and script entries?

If not, please send supout.rif to support@mikrotik.com with problem description for analysis.

Then, netinstall device to upgrade (you can keep configuration, but check thoroughly before & after update for unknown scripts, schedules and dns servers).

R1CH
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:37 pm

This definitely sounds like malware that is preventing you from patching the router to a secure version. Safest way forward is to fornat / netinstall.

gnievas
just joined

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:30 pm

My router has dns problems to navigate. I want to update it and it does not leave me in any way. RouterBOARD 951G-2HnD Firmware Type: ar9344 ver. 3.33 with routerOS: 6.37.1

Please if someone knows how to force an update. thank you already

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 pm

As @nescafe2002 and @R1CH have suggested abov - google for "mikrotik netinstall" and follow the procedure. But before doing it, generate the supout.rif file and download it; after you successfully netinstall your device, send that file to support@mikrotik.com together with a link to this forum topic.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace each occurrence of any public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

powerek
just joined

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Netinstall is no problem but my MT is on high tower. Any idea to upgrade it without netinstall?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G955F przy użyciu Tapatalka

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Given that any upgrade attempt you take while routeros is already running is sabotaged by the malware which is already running too by that time, I'm afraid you'll have to climb because netinstall is the only way how not to give the malware a chance to defend itself.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace each occurrence of any public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

zaiclopz
just joined

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Did any of you solve this? I have the same issue.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:38 pm

Have you tried netinstall? Or is the affected box also too high and/or far to do that?

tippenring
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:24 am

Have you tried netinstall? Or is the affected box also too high and/or far to do that?
I understand netinstall doesn't work if the device is >50 ft off the ground. Does anyone have the support ticket # for that issue? :-)