MikroTik App

akska10
just joined
Topic Author

ccr 1009 after reboot/power loss boot loop

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:08 am

OK ..

enough is enough .

i bought this RouterBoard to have a peace of mind .. but it turned out to be a complete joke!!!

I am having the problem for the 6th time in less than 3 months ..

I can't believe this device can't survive a simple reboot or power loss .. it enters a constant boot loop and the only way to recover it is to do netinstall and Lossing mikrotik configuration and worse .. the user manager database .

and for sure i am not the only on suffering from this problem .. allot of people complaining of the ccr family especially the ccr 1009 .. but the mikrotik didn't give any solution for this .

should we expect any solution for this or just forget about it and throw this thing into the trash?? because we can't take it anymore!!

Arcee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: ccr 1009 after reboot/power loss boot loop

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Mine in production environment for almost three years now; zero problems.

I suggest you reset the configuration with no defaults (blank slate). Then incrementally add and test configurations until you find what is causing the problem.

There is also a chance that you just got a faulty device (that happens right?). Three months sounds like it's within the warranty period.

akska10
just joined
Topic Author

Re: ccr 1009 after reboot/power loss boot loop

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:39 pm

no ..
i don't have a faulty device .. because its absolutely not 1 out of 100..

and this doesn't happen because of specific configuration .. because there's allot of times the device reboot normally!

the problem is with nand storage. because of the heavy usermanager database whenever there's a heavy transactions on the database especially deleting huge amount of sessions or expired vouchers , the RouterBoard most likely will not survive the next reboot.

sometimes the device reach 15 days uptime and during that time there is tremendous amount of database transactions, so the next reboot/power loss the device goes into a bootloop.

I think the nand storage goes completely unaccessible .

and i didn't say that i had the device for only 3 months .. i actually had it for 15 months , the first 3 months the device haven't used the next 9 month i had this problem only maybe 2 or 3 times . i thought because electric failure . also the database wasn't as big as it now .
but for last 3 months this gotten out of control and unacceptable .. and when i asked about this problem turn out to be a common problem especially with ccr owners .