Community discussions

tot870501
just joined
Topic Author

IKev2 EAP Issues

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Hello, I am a Mikrotic user living in South Korea. First, I am not good at English. Please understand. :D
There was a problem setting for IKEv2 VPN. I've been looking for a week at Google to solve this problem.
But it's still not solved. :(
I would like to know how to obtain EAP authentication through the microtik Radius server.
We found a lot of information on how to deploy IKev2 server from certificate creation, but we couldn't solve it.
Tell me about building IKEv2 Server or how I can connect through user authentication.

Ps. I was a total stranger to the network. But I am enjoying learning and want to be an expert on the Mikrotic router. Please, help a lot.
I know how to create PPTP, L2TP/IPsec. :D

Anumrak
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: IKev2 EAP Issues

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:32 pm

On my experience, it is just not working with IKEv2 client device. I successfully established IKEv2 tunnel between IKEv2 client and IKEv2 server(Ubuntu server + StrongSwan) with electronic signatures one of the certification authority. IKEv2 with EAP auth working only between two Mikrotiks, i guess.

markwien
just joined

Re: IKev2 EAP Issues

Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:27 pm

You need to configure EAP AUT passthrough. Use a free radius server for AUT with MSChap.

Its not that complex as it looks like ...
br
mark