Community discussions

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: v6.44beta [testing] is released!

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:22 pm

They push us to not using "czech_republic" settings, if we wants to be comply with our laws rules.

That's not true. Please read this thread carefully. The next Beta release will have indoor/outdoor option, so I guess the next stable release for your production environment will have it too.
Unfortunately the change to regulatory conformance was badly communicated by Mikrotik in the release notes.

What will be more of a concern is the future of Omnitik 5 devices in Europe. The regulators are about to shut them down soon. Let's hope Mikrotik really can prevent this from happening.
The "Outdoor" setting is already in released versions, it's called "installation=outdoor/indoor/any".
No answer to your question? How to write posts

human1982

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:28 pm

... and second, according to CZ rules I can set 5480MHz ...
Which channel width do you use when trying to set centre frequency to 5480MHz?
5480Ce in Poland too. 5470-5725.

cowgirl
just joined

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:20 pm

6.44beta50 is crashing on my CRS328-24P-4S+. It reboots every few hours. (approx every 4h)

And on myCRS317-1G-16S+ the management IP address is not reachable (over my lacp-bonding link) for a while and then it comes back, while switching is working the whole time and the systems connected to it are reachable. Currently i can not check for reboots on the 317, cause managment is not reachable also mac-telnet from the 328 is not working.....

The 317´s managment just came back now, no unexpected reboots there....

cowgirl
just joined

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:17 pm

CRS328-24P-4S+ crashed again. Only with approx. 2hours gap. Doing a little bit SMB File Copy jobs (50Gbyte)

TheCondor
just joined

Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:16 pm

In 6.44beta50 when i create a certificate, both with web GUI or shell command, i set subAltName but it disappear when saved (or signed). On stable i didn't have this problem.

kabal
just joined

Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:45 pm

*) ppp - added "at-chat" command;

Does not work with USSD commands.

with at-chat:

/interface ppp-client at-chat 3 input="AT+CUSD=1,AA582C3602,15"
output: AT+CUSD=1,AA582C3602,15
OK

with serial-terminal:

/system serial-terminal port=usb4 channel=2
AT+CUSD=1,AA582C3602,15
OK

+CUSD: 1,"C2303BEC9E83602E980C2D77B340E2B7BB3E07C15C30185AEE7629542A95C2596E87F365
D0FA3D47D3D3F61FF10D8AC16067B91BE40E83E46174DDFD5E83F420F87BCEAE9FDFF93A88F82687E9
EBB73D0D3ACBDF73743A046587E961903D4D06C9CE72B722E6A286D70A",15

TheCondor
just joined

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:16 pm

mutiple mode-config doesn't be as intended with certificate matching.
I've tried to add 2 mode-configs and i want to assign a different ip pool each.
apart the fact that is better to implement an object of type "list" populated with multiple certificate, currently it's impossible to add multiple client certificate matching...
policy matching chould be intended as this, imho:

a group of client certificates that, when matched with a specific mode-config policy, assign an ip pool and a split tunnel.

currently it's impossible to add a group of client certificate, just one cert.
Moreover, and this is what isn't working, the client check just the first mode-config policy and if it's not matched skips the others. It should be a sequential checking trough the all mode-config matching policy...

emils
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Version 6.44beta54 has been released.

Before an upgrade:
1) Remember to make backup/export files before an upgrade and save them on another storage device;
2) Make sure the device will not lose power during upgrade process;
3) Device has enough free storage space for all RouterOS packages to be downloaded.

What's new in 6.44beta54 (2019-Jan-07 08:27):

Important note!!! Backup before upgrade!
Due to major IPsec configuration changes in RouterOS v6.44beta39+ (see changelog below), it is advised to make a backup before upgrading. Regular downgrade will still be possible as long as no changes in IPsec peer menu are done.

MAJOR CHANGES IN v6.44:
----------------------
!) cloud - added command "/system backup cloud" for backup storing on cloud (CLI only);
!) ipsec - added new "identity" menu with common peer distinguishers;
!) ipsec - removed "main-l2tp" exchange-mode, it is the same as "main" exchange-mode;
!) ipsec - removed "users" menu, XAuth user configuration is now handled by "identity" menu;
!) radius - initial implementation of RadSec (Radius communication over TLS);
!) speedtest - added "/tool speed-test" for ping latency, jitter, loss and TCP and UDP download, upload speed measurements (CLI only);
!) telnet - do not allow to set "tracefile" parameter;
!) upgrade - release channels renamed - "bugfix" to "long-term", "current" to "stable" and "release candidate" to "testing";
!) upgrade - "testing" release channel now can contain "beta" together with "release-candidate" versions;
----------------------

Changes in this release:

*) bridge - count routed FastPath packets between bridge ports under FastPath bridge statistics;
*) bridge - fixed BOOTP packet forwarding when DHCP Snooping is enabled;
*) crs317 - fixed packet forwarding when LACP is used with hw=no;
*) dhcpv6-server - allow to add DHCPv6 server with pool that does not exist;
*) ethernet - fixed VLAN1 forwarding on RB1100AHx4 and RB4011 devices;
*) ipsec - added new "remote-id" peer matcher (CLI only);
*) l2tp - fixed IPsec secret not being updated when "ipsec-secret" is changed under L2TP client configuration;
*) led - fixed PWR-LINE AP Ethernet LED polarity ("/system routerboard upgrade" required);
*) lte - added initial support for multiple APN for R11e-4G (new modem firmware required);
*) lte - fixed DHCP IP acquire (introduced in v6.43.7);
*) netinstall - do not show kernel failure critical messages in the log after fresh install;
*) routerboard - removed "RB" prefix from PWR-LINE AP devices;
*) sniffer - save packet capture in "802.11" type when sniffing on w60g interface in "sniff" mode;
*) snmp - fixed "rsrq" reported precision;
*) usb - improved power-reset error message when no bus specified on CCR1072-8G-1S+;
*) wireless - added new "installation" parameter to specify router's location;
*) wireless - show indoor/outdoor frequency limitations under "/interface wireless info country-info <country>" command;

If you experience version related issues, then please send supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. File must be generated while router is not working as expected or after crash.

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:26 pm

Are you guys working for a fix for CCR1072 lockups ?

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:17 pm

doush - Unfortunately we can not tell from description "lockups" to what kind of problem you are referring to. Please contact support@mikrotik,com directly, provide proper problem description (when did problem start to appear, how often do you see this issue, do you have any information what processes might trigger lockup) and supout file from your router/s. At the moment there are no known bugs that would lock up router. Either this is an unknown problem, hardware related issue or it is a configuration related problem. Without debugging we can not tell why is this happening with your router. At the moment of "lockup" can you access router over serial console?

nescafe2002
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:10 pm

To anyone experiencing connectivity issues on bridge interface after upgrade to 6.44beta50 like me:
The RB is now sending out MNDP (udp/5678) packets with ip address of bridge and mac address of slave (physical port).
(In 6.44beta40 and before the packets were sent with the bridges mac address as source)
Client devices are now learning incorrect ip/mac combinations and will be unable to communicate with the RB, intermittently (arp is not affected).
This has been reported.

A work-around is to disable neighbor discovery for these interfaces.

(Note that there is a similar problem regarding internet-detect which causes same problem when enabled on slave interfaces)

Another (dirty) work-around is to enable bridge filtering (of any kind) after which RB will accept packets directed to the slave (physical) mac address.

emils
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:27 am

mutiple mode-config doesn't be as intended with certificate matching.
I've tried to add 2 mode-configs and i want to assign a different ip pool each.
apart the fact that is better to implement an object of type "list" populated with multiple certificate, currently it's impossible to add multiple client certificate matching...
policy matching chould be intended as this, imho:

a group of client certificates that, when matched with a specific mode-config policy, assign an ip pool and a split tunnel.

currently it's impossible to add a group of client certificate, just one cert.
Moreover, and this is what isn't working, the client check just the first mode-config policy and if it's not matched skips the others. It should be a sequential checking trough the all mode-config matching policy...
What exactly have you configured currently? Are you creating multiple IPsec identities and specifying different remote-certificates for each of them? Are these certificates from the same CA chain? That is not quite how we planned it to work. There is a 'remote-id' parameter, which is not in Winbox and is not implemented fully yet. You will be able to match the IPsec identity to a specific peer by this parameter.

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:39 pm

doush - Unfortunately we can not tell from description "lockups" to what kind of problem you are referring to. Please contact support@mikrotik,com directly, provide proper problem description (when did problem start to appear, how often do you see this issue, do you have any information what processes might trigger lockup) and supout file from your router/s. At the moment there are no known bugs that would lock up router. Either this is an unknown problem, hardware related issue or it is a configuration related problem. Without debugging we can not tell why is this happening with your router. At the moment of "lockup" can you access router over serial console?
Strods;
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122525&start=50
There are watchdog reboots !
Please see the above thread. We have also contacted support and we have been told to turn off watchdog and check. When we do that, the router hangs and stays in that state.
We cant just stop gbits of traffic just to collect supout files for you over the serial interface. This is what you guys have to do. Issue is easily reproducable.
There are many people in the above thread having the same exact issue.
Ticket#2018091822007067 is also available but as I said we cannot just stop 8gbit/s of traffic for you for hours to collect supout files.
Please do not ignore this issue as it is not a config related problem at all.
At the moment of lockup (when watchdog is turned off) , I havent tried the serial because of panic that it creates when all your traffic stops. Powercycle fixes the problem.
When watchdog is on, it reboots.
Please work with us in this issue.

notToNew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:26 pm

And where is the version specific part of this? As I see it it's nothing new to this beta.... So please stay in the other thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CCR1036-12G-4S, several 952Ui-5ac2nD, ...

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm

And where is the version specific part of this? As I see it it's nothing new to this beta.... So please stay in the other thread.
This problem is still valid with the latest stable build !
And we dont see any work about it in the latest beta versions at all. Should be fair enough to post in this thread and raise awareness.

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:01 pm

doush Nobody except you complains, which means it's either faulty hardware or a configuration specific issue. A couple of posts ago you said you are not willing to supply support@ with the info they asked you for. Being software developer myself, I can assure you this is a road to nowhere...

null31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:00 am

Dear MikroTik Staff.
*) dhcpv6-server - allow to add DHCPv6 server with pool that does not exist;
Does this fix is related to the ticket #2018122622000391?
I ask because I didn't receive a reply for the ticket.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:20 pm

It is probably related to a problem I also reported to them: when you import an export which contains a server and pool
the import fails because the pool appears in the export after the server. Apparently it was not easy to export the pool
definitions before the server definitions (or there would be another unresolved reference) and it was now solved this way.

null31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:42 pm

So isn't related.
The bug I reported is when DHCPv6-PD get the pool name through Radius and create a route with blank next-hop to the CPE. The router receive the link-local addr from cpe, but doesn't add to the prefix that was delegated.
The connection method I tested was plain DHCPv6 (IPoE without op82).

Like the image https://i.imgur.com/Oq08c0U.png

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:32 pm

doush Nobody except you complains, which means it's either faulty hardware or a configuration specific issue. A couple of posts ago you said you are not willing to supply support@ with the info they asked you for. Being software developer myself, I can assure you this is a road to nowhere...
Did you even read my post ?
Check the below thread and see if I am the only one complaining.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122525

We are still desperately waiting for a fix for this issue and ready to try any possible fix in new beta versions.. and NO I cannot just turn off watchdog and wait for the next halt which may happen anytime in the middle of the night to collect support files while all the network is down.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:44 pm

"My router reboots" is a very generic problem, all kinds of issues are gathered in that topic.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

eworm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:30 pm

I am running testing versions on my wAP with R11e-LTE. Recently the lte interface does not reliably connect after boot, I have to reboot the device then. This worked pretty well before, so I am sure this is a regression from beta50 to beta54.
Manage RouterOS scripts and extend your devices' functionality: RouterOS Scripts

zyzelis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:03 pm

"My router reboots" is a very generic problem, all kinds of issues are gathered in that topic.
Normis, are you work for ubnt?