Community discussions

rzirzi
Topic Author

Fasttrack and Simple Queue

Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:52 am

Is using FastTrack at MT router with NAT overrides(disables) Simple Queue for traffic passing that router. In other words - can I use FastTrack AND Simple Queues?

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Fasttrack and Simple Queue

Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:26 am

Is using FastTrack at MT router with NAT overrides(disables) Simple Queue for traffic passing that router. In other words - can I use FastTrack AND Simple Queues?
Yes, but only if you have an "accept" rule in the firewall to accept the traffic that needs to flow through the simple queue (with established,related setting), and place it directly before the fasttrack rule that would otherwise fasttrack the traffic. That way you can continue to fasttrack all traffic except the traffic that you need to run through a simple queue.

If you want to run all traffic through simple queues this will not be worth doing because then there won't be anything left to fasttrack after you have made all of the accept rules.

rzirzi
Topic Author

Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Thank You mducharme for explanation! I didn't know why sometimes SQ works with FastTrack enabled, and sometimes not. Now I know exactly why:) Thank You:)

eXS

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:01 am

Yes, but only if you have an "accept" rule in the firewall to accept the traffic that needs to flow through the simple queue (with established,related setting), and place it directly before the fasttrack rule that would otherwise fasttrack the traffic. That way you can continue to fasttrack all traffic except the traffic that you need to run through a simple queue.

If you want to run all traffic through simple queues this will not be worth doing because then there won't be anything left to fasttrack after you have made all of the accept rules.

Thanks for posting this i was trying to keep my queue functional but was not having success by [!] excluding traffic within the fasttrack rule itself.

Putting accepts before the fasttrack got it going, thanks again.