Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

TR-069 Genieacs

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:17 am

Dear All,

I hope you are doing great.

I require guidence from you.

Jumping to what I have done. I have set up Genieacs and connected my router to it, and I have also uploaded a vendor configuration file. For my testing I have just written a script that disables a port.

What I am trying to accomplish is, I have almost 100 routers in field. And making a small change is very painful. Can anyone please guide me or point me to the right direction on how to use ACS/TR-069, that I do the settings on ACS and all the routers, whenever they come online, get the setting and apply and reply back to what they have done ?

I am not asking for step by step instructions, just guide me to what I have to do. I am not able to Cope the Big Idea of SOAP, RCP etc. Any manual will help, any guidance will help.

Please reply.
Regards

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: TR-069 Genieacs

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:22 am

What I am trying to accomplish is, I have almost 100 routers in field. And making a small change is very painful. Can anyone please guide me or point me to the right direction on how to use ACS/TR-069, that I do the settings on ACS and all the routers, whenever they come online, get the setting and apply and reply back to what they have done ?
If you wish to make the same change to many devices, then making the change via a GenieACS preset is probably the best way of doing it. This is possible if the parameter you wish to change is exposed in the TR-069 tree.

If you need to configure individual things on devices automatically (ex. PPPoE username and password that is different for each device), a preset per device doesn't perform very well, in which case you need to do some programming and code your own provisioning scripts.

If the parameter you wish to change is not exposed in the TR-069 tree, you need to use a Vendor Config File with extension ".alter" to change the config instead of replacing it.

Your questions really mainly refer to the functioning of GenieACS, and I would recommend joining their mailing list (which I am a member of) and asking there.

GenieACS is probably the best free TR-069 solution, but is not exactly easy to decipher for a beginner.

safiullahtariq
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:26 am

If you wish to make the same change to many devices, then making the change via a GenieACS preset is probably the best way of doing it. This is possible if the parameter you wish to change is exposed in the TR-069 tree.
Yes, this is what my actual purpose is. Is there a manual or something? Where can I get this information that this and that parameter is exposed etc... And yes I have subscribed to the mailing list. Still replying here hoping you can guide me more. I hope you dont mind me doing that.
If the parameter you wish to change is not exposed in the TR-069 tree, you need to use a Vendor Config File with extension ".alter" to change the config instead of replacing it.
Already done that, it works great ;-)

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Yes, this is what my actual purpose is. Is there a manual or something? Where can I get this information that this and that parameter is exposed etc... And yes I have subscribed to the mailing list. Still replying here hoping you can guide me more. I hope you dont mind me doing that.
You can fetch the current parameter list with the "Refresh" link for the "Device" tree in GenieACS (Note that I am not talking about the "Refresh" link nearer to the top of the page, which just refreshes the attributes in the summary, but instead the "Refresh" link for the "Device" tree that pulls all parameters from the device).

A reference of these parameters is available here: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/tr069ref/current.html