Community discussions

MikroTik App

mikelaurense
just joined
Topic Author

RB4011: wlan1 disabling itself

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 am

I received my RB4011 last friday. Very happy with the design of the device. I use it as a replacement for my RB2011 which has been running perfectly for about 5 years.

I backupped the running config of the RB2011, and selectively imported this script to the RB4011. Everything seemed to be running fine, but after 24 hours, the 5GHz network disappeared. I rebooted the device, and it was available again. Last night, again after 24 hours, the network disappeared again.

The wlan1 device is enabled, but when I open it, it says 'not running'. Also, under status it shows the date the link went down last, but it seems it never came back up.

Anyone else experiencing this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB4011: wlan1 disabling itself

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:02 pm

What does it say in the logs?
5Ghz may be disabling itself if it "thinks" it is seeing DFS and is in a DFS channel. You need to provide more of your config for further help.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:16 pm

mikelaurense
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:57 pm

I didn't see any updates before, pretty sure I checked... Just installed 6.43.7. I'll have to wait another 24 hours to see if it has fixed my wlan1 interface going down.

@Steveocee: I don't see anything specific in the logs (see attachment) explaining why the interface was down. If it was DFS, shouldn't it automatically come back online, after a while?
Anything specific you want to know about the config? I have two interfaces, wlan1 (5ghz) and wlan2 (2.4ghz), with a virtual AP for guest on wlan2.
wlan1 is in ap bridge mode, 5GHz-N/AC, 20/40/80Mhz Ceee channel width, auto frequency
wlan2 is in ap bridge mode, 2GHz-B/G/N, 20/40MHz Ce channel width, 2412MHz frequency
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Are you using the same SSID name for both your 5G network and 2G network? Devices roaming from 5G to 2G would leave the 5G AP as running but not active. My P20 Lite is a PITA as it's dual band and I have done everything I can to get it to prefer 5G but it always ends up on 2.4G

quackyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Steveocee: The solution to this is to reduse the 2,4GHz transmit power a bit so that clients sees the 5GHz net as the strongest when close.
This would reduce the 2,4GHz theoretical coverage, but normally not the actual/usable coverage, since coverage is normally limited by tx power on client.

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Steveocee: The solution to this is to reduse the 2,4GHz transmit power a bit so that clients sees the 5GHz net as the strongest when close.
This would reduce the 2,4GHz theoretical coverage, but normally not the actual/usable coverage, since coverage is normally limited by tx power on client.
Yep, my 2.4Ghz network broadcasts 7dB lower than my 5Ghz. I use UBNT AP's so I also try to make use of band steering to push clients to 5Ghz. Just my P20 Lite that doesn't seem to play nicely with it.

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:39 pm

I'm having similar issues, but mine do not appear to go away after a reboot.

I have two units (one on the basement and one up on the 2nd floor), for the sake of the discussion we will refer to them as "primary" and "secondary".
Days 1 & 2: All devices connect and communicate immediately and without issues with primary's wlan1, but have difficulties discovering secondary's wlan1.
After a while, once they discover secondary's wlan1, connection and communication is flawless after that.
Day 3 and onwards: All devices still connect and communicate immediately and without issues with primary's wlan1, but now are unable to discover secondary's wlan1.

Tried the following:
- Enabling/Disabling wlan1
- Multiple reboots
- Restoring a backup
- Downgrading RouterOS/Firmware (factory)
- Re-upgrading RouterOS/Firmware (latest)

Nothing solved it, so I thought I'd try fiddling with the channel width.
The interesting thing however is:
All of my 5GHz-capable devices will discover/connect/work fine with the "20/40/80/160MHz eeeeeeeC" option on the primary unit
None of these devices will discover/connect/work with the secondary unit, unless the "20/40/80MHz eeeC" option is selected. (But how exactly were they working before???)

It's definitely not a compatibility issue with the client devices, that much I can tell. But what would cause the "eeeeeeeC" option to irrevocably cease function on one device only?
DFS might be a possible answer yes.. but at the basement floor that the secondary unit resides, not even cellular signal reaches - how can a much weaker 5GHz "rogue" frequency do?
I'm all out of ideas at this point. (I've also opened up a support ticket for this)

A few more extra questions:
I never understood exactly how to decipher those "Ceee, eCee, eeCe, eeeC, XXXX" settings.
From what I have gathered so far "e" is supposed to be a representation of a 20MHz-stepping and "C" denoting the control frequency.
1) But what exactly is a control frequency and what is a exactly the difference between all of these options/offerings in layman's terms? And what's the one in Xs supposed to represent?
2) How do these settings impact the frequency option listed below? What if said option is defined as auto?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:02 pm

I'm all out of ideas at this point. (I've also opened up a support ticket for this)
Does log contain anything about wireless? Does some "wifi scanning" software (on a phone) show wifi signal from secondary unit?

I never understood exactly how to decipher those "Ceee, eCee, eeCe, eeeC, XXXX" settings.

C is the 20MHz channel where SSID is actually broadcasted. So if any (legacy) device does quick scan of occupied channels, it'll only see the channel C as occupied. Only devices supporting newer WiFi standards (n, ac) will check for 40/80/160 MHz channles and notice that adjacent channels are occupied as well.

'e' are for adjacent 20MHz channels ... either with lower (if left from C) or higher (if right from C) centre frequency. I don't have any idea about 'X'es.

If option is set to auto, AP will choose (I don't know the order of preference) one of possibilities. E.g. if AP chooses lowest possible channel for C, it'll choose Ce(ee(eeee)). If AP chooses highest possible channel for C, it'll choose ((eeee)ee)eC. If C is placed somewhere mid-band, then I don't know hish kind of e placement will choose.

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Does log contain anything about wireless? Does some "wifi scanning" software (on a phone) show wifi signal from secondary unit?
Sadly nothing, otherwise I would've mentioned it. Good thing that you brought it up though.

One thing that differs though, and apologies for forgetting to mention it, is that due to the lack of cellular signal - a femtocell unit is installed in the basement.
Could they be the source of the problem? But wouldn't normally these operate between 1.9 and 2.6GHz?

C is the 20MHz channel where SSID is actually broadcasted. So if any (legacy) device does quick scan of occupied channels, it'll only see the channel C as occupied. Only devices supporting newer WiFi standards (n, ac) will check for 40/80/160 MHz channles and notice that adjacent channels are occupied as well.

'e' are for adjacent 20MHz channels ... either with lower (if left from C) or higher (if right from C) centre frequency. I don't have any idea about 'X'es.

If option is set to auto, AP will choose (I don't know the order of preference) one of possibilities. E.g. if AP chooses lowest possible channel for C, it'll choose Ce(ee(eeee)). If AP chooses highest possible channel for C, it'll choose ((eeee)ee)eC. If C is placed somewhere mid-band, then I don't know hish kind of e placement will choose.
So basically the rule of the thumb is to aim for a "C" placement that is known to work with older/legacy devices, as newer ones won't care about it anyways. Gotcha.
If "auto" can change the positioning of "C" then what purpose would selecting the "C" option serve in the first place? Just preference?
How does the "C" option affect the static values besides "auto", does it shift them in any shape or form? I'm currently away from the device so I cannot test it myself.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:01 am

What about wifi device scan near secondary AP, does it show its wifi signal?

Re femtocell: it really depends on which bands a MNO operates, but yes, usually they are below 2.6GHz. This doesn't mean femto can't interfere, if (built-in?) antennae are faulty, some higher frequency mixing products might appear. You can easily rule this out by switching off the femto for some time.

Re selection of C: this is description about how it works for 2.4GHz 802.11n (20+20)... When AP is set to support legacy wifi revisions, then legacy devices (i.e. 802.11g) will use only the C channel. Thus in mixed environment, the C channel will receive higher load. Legacy APs will also only notice C as being occupied when selecting channel and e's might getbsome more interference due to that.
In my case (802.11n) I have set channel width to 20/40 eC and frequency to 2472 MHz (channel 13). Legacy clients see SSID only as channel 13 while n clients see it as 9+13. When AP is set to completely auto mode, it scans for other SSIDs on air and it might select the least interferred channel for C and then select the eCe pattern accordingly. Or it might do some other magic, I don't have a clue.

I guess that when manually setting things, ROS won't accept illegal mix. I.e. you can't set frequency to highest possible and select Ce(e*).

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:40 pm

mkx: Devices are unable to find the SSID. Frequency scanner/snooping does work, but it will show 0% usage on the scanned channels/frequencies in the environment.
The funny thing is that the primary device works fine.. I'm dumbfounded.

Update #1:
Okay, wlan1 on the secondary unit has died completely (I still haven't touched anything since the last post). Now it doesn't work even with the "20/40/80MHz" options.
Only thing I could see in log, was that a client disconnected from wlan1 due to group key exchange timeout, nothing else.
What's particularly interesting is that I ran the frequency scanner (out of curiosity) and I was getting absolutely no results even though I left it running for a couple of minutes.

Rebooting the device fixed that for now. I'm starting to believe that I either got dealt a unit with a faulty QCA9984 or that there are some serious issue with how current RouterOS handles it.
I also tried the "20/40/80/160MHz" settings again just out of curiosity, they still won't work.

On the selection of C topic:
The wiki apparently says that the 'X'es are an automatic selection of the control channel (https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... e/Wireless).
Also the frequencies listed in bold, are apparently the scanlist frequencies - which means they are frequencies that client devices will search for SSIDs if I understood correctly. If so, I probably need to stick to either them or auto, if I want the SSID to be discovered by clients in the first place. So it's more like selecting where you want the extended channels to be, instead of selecting the control channel.
Could I bother you to explain step-by-step your procedure on selecting both channel-width and frequency options? What's the math/logic behind translating these into let's say Channels X + Y?
I pulled a list of the 5GHz frequencies/channels from here, but I still don't quite yet how to make sense of all the supplied information. The 5GHz situation is a tad more complex than the 2.4 one.

I should clarify at this point that all troubleshooting/tests for the secondary unit's wlan1 are being done with frequency set to auto. Regardless of what we discuss about selecting C (that discussion is so I can finally make sense of what it does, mostly)

Update #2:
The 5GHz WiFi on the -primary- device has just ceased function too. (Was working fine with "20/40/80/160" for about a week)
I'm now definitely convinced that there's some sort of software issue when selecting 160MHz width.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:53 pm

The good thing about 5GHz is that it doesn't penetrate walls that well. As I don't care about high Tx powers (clients need to overcome same path loss as AP) I keep using the low frequency part (indoor only ...). Usually I do a quick scan to see if some channel is occupied. And I tend to select frequency mode in a way that control channel is not at frequency band boundary ... in case some other AP targets same part of spectrum and wants to use multiple channels as well, I'll protect the extreme part of spectrum for my own use to certain extent.

One thing to remember: most WiFi devices (APs included) are capable of certain total power per Tx chain. If multiple channels are used, the same power is dustributed to multiple channels thus reducing signal/noise ratio. If noise is really low and signal pathloss low, then this doesn't matter. If external noise is notable (or pathloss is higher due to larger distance or obstacles), then it's sometimes better to operate smaller number of channels (i.e. 40MHz instead of 80MHz) and the end result might even be better.

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:35 pm

Understood, but the tests with the 160MHz width were conducted about half a meter away from each AP - so I would rule out noise/pathloss.
I would also rule out the total power per Tx chain capabilities of the client devices, simply because they were working for 2 days and 1 week respectively on the secondary and primary AP.

For now I have settled for "auto" + "20/40/80 XXXX", but I'm still curious to see why the "20/40/80/160MHz" options irrevocably decided to stop working all of a sudden.

codruts

Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:08 pm

For now I have settled for "auto" + "20/40/80 XXXX", but I'm still curious to see why the "20/40/80/160MHz" options irrevocably decided to stop working all of a sudden.
most probably detected an occupied dfs channel...and closed the wireless entirely (well, is scanning for a free channel, but this will take time)

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:53 am

most probably detected an occupied dfs channel...and closed the wireless entirely (well, is scanning for a free channel, but this will take time)
There was no "radar detected" entry in the logs however. And in the case of the secondary unit, for the duration it was operational, the devices only struggled finding it - but they did find it eventually.
And also, isn't DFS supposed to switch frequency to a non-overlapping one instead? Completely shutting wireless off is news to me.
I also find it very hard to believe that it wouldn't manage to find a free channel with the amount of them that are available in general.

Truly a headscratcher..

codruts

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:16 am

There was no "radar detected" entry in the logs however. And in the case of the secondary unit, for the duration it was operational, the devices only struggled finding it - but they did find it eventually.
And also, isn't DFS supposed to switch frequency to a non-overlapping one instead? Completely shutting wireless off is news to me.
I also find it very hard to believe that it wouldn't manage to find a free channel with the amount of them that are available in general.
Truly a headscratcher..
some more informations [even they aren't described 'professionally", however there are links to original documentation] - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads ... ry.816318/ and https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireles ... end-or-foe

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:22 am

some more informations [even they aren't described 'professionally", however there are links to original documentation] - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads ... ry.816318/ and https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireles ... end-or-foe
Thanks for the information, these greatly helped explain the phenomena I've been observing.
And as a matter of fact, yesterday I ran a few more tests and I did see the dreaded "radar detected on frequency 5500" message on the primary unit.
So perhaps the devices have previously somehow failed to display that information in the log, prompting me into a wild goose chase.

My question however is, why are frequencies 5180-5320 (channel 50) not available as an option for us to select? Only frequencies 5500-5700 are offered when using a 160MHz channel width.
According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_W ... j/n/ac/ax) they are clearly allowed in Europe. There's no reason the international model shouldn't provide them.

So when it detects that ******* radar, I can kiss my 160MHz wide SSID bye bye for 30 minutes (due to the blacklist) and I cannot switch from channel 114 to channel 50 (temporarily or even permanently).

codruts

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:45 pm

it's all marketing gimmicks. i returned to wire for serious loads

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:55 pm

it's all marketing gimmicks. i returned to wire for serious loads
Well yeah, I also avoid wireless like the plague if I can help it. I'd rather use a pair of PLC devices instead of WiFi to reach areas where cabling isn't possible.
But for some types of devices (i.e. media players) is a nice to have, if not a must (i.e. smartphones).

But since I paid for the WiFi version of the 4011, I don't believe my last question goes entirely unwarranted. I just wanted to close on that.

codruts

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:46 pm

Well yeah, I also avoid wireless like the plague if I can help it. I'd rather use a pair of PLC devices instead of WiFi to reach areas where cabling isn't possible.
But for some types of devices (i.e. media players) is a nice to have, if not a must (i.e. smartphones).
But since I paid for the WiFi version of the 4011, I don't believe my last question goes entirely unwarranted. I just wanted to close on that.
4011 is a strong toy - i suppose will deal with pppoe at 2gbps without problems; pairing it with a 4x sfp+ switch, some direct attach cables [4011 is working with, probably not stable, but the connection is negotiated at 10gbps] or s+rj10 modules, throw there a 10gbps capable nas, some cheap 10gbe pcie adapters... and you'll have a good 10gbe soho network for a really small price!
but i also want 160mhz working. and some other things [maybe i'll obtain solutions from forum]

Guentha
just joined

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:01 pm

I too have this problem. first 24 hours or so everything was fine and I have not been able to see the 802.11AC radio since. I have upgraded software and firmware, restarted, I am nearing factory reset but its at a remote site.

the wlan2 is working perfectly. wlan1 is enabled but not running and cant be seen.

I see lots of posts about it and no real solution.

brainy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Same here .. wlan1 is there but clients can't see SSID .. seems to be a common problem. Anyone contacted Mikrotik Support?

codruts

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Same here .. wlan1 is there but clients can't see SSID .. seems to be a common problem. Anyone contacted Mikrotik Support?
yes. no reply. only 80mhz option working so far.

brainy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:53 pm

I've contacted MT Support also .. lets see what they say. I checked the supout.rif viewer and it shows "status: initializing" for wlan1 .. i guess it's maybe a driver problem (crashing or something like that)

beambarossa
just joined

Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:15 am

Same issue here. Was loving the 5ghz throughout now just initializing.

To confirm at the moment a reboot fixes mine.

lukas2511
just joined

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:52 pm

I'm having the same issue. Sometimes the 5GHZ network disappears after just a few hours, sometimes a few days. I tried upgrading to the beta firmware (because it mentioned stability issues with ARM wifi devices) but that didn't change anything.

brainy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:54 pm

One interesting thing .. i have another RB4011 and it's wlan1 is working all the time. I have at least one client connected all the time so it's never idle, i am not sure but i think it has something to do with it ... maybe some with problems could try to connect at least one device permanently (just to test)

eminem9207
just joined

Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:30 am

same problem here.. wlan1 5ghz disappear. any fix for this issues?

codruts

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:15 am

more tests [requiring a lot of minutes to spend]
- country: romania, frequency mode:regulatory domain, frequency: auto, channel width:xxxxxxxx - will select one of available channels [5500 or so], will search for radar for ~10 minutes, only single 80mhz made available
- changed country to usa, auto on everything else - the same result
- changed country to 'debug', selected a channel from lower region - the same result
- channel width xxxx, secondary channel: auto (80+80mhz non-contiguous) - status will show selected channels, but adapter (intel 9560) will connect on main channel at 144mbps (i'm not so sure that adapter will support 80+80); but AcrylicWiFi will see something like a wide band.
searching for radar will not display entries in logs, with "wireless" logging rule manually added.
5ghz band being disabled from time to time seems to be caused by "radar" interference; there was documented some cases when an iphone (6?) caused such interference - can't find that article right now; also weather radar.

brainy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:17 pm

Still not fixed in 6.44 :(

d4rkblue
just joined

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:21 am

Still not fixed in 6.44

dnc74
just joined

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:08 am

Same here, AP says running, but there is no current tx power and no becons being transmitted.
Disabling and re-enabling, status will stay as initialising

From viewtopic.php?f=3&t=138613&p=712855&hilit=4011#p712855
Try not using auto frequency and set the frequency manually.

brainy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:08 pm

Ok, after many tests i have a "solution" .. you just need at least one 5Ghz Client connected all the time and the wlan1 will always work. The problem is just happening when there is NO client connected for a specified time, then it will "crash"

I already told this to MT support and hope they fix it soon.

dnc74
just joined

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:27 am

Yep, I'd agree with that forcing the frequency doesn't help.
Next day same thing dead AP, nothing was left connected.

kiler129

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:21 am

I have the same problem too :( I also sent supout.rif and no response so far (Ticket#2019031222002841).

Edit
Just to not be "me too"-only post: for me that problem happens even in super channel with locked frequency, so the DFS and automatic frequency selection can be ruled-out.

codruts

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 am

i'd like to see someone test it in a Faraday cage, to avoid any radar interference.. i bet that will get the very same results.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:34 am

i'd like to see someone test it in a Faraday cage, to avoid any radar interference.. i bet that will get the very same results.
+1

codruts

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:28 am

kiler129

Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:36 am

I tried tweaking various settings and the WiFi dies as before. Support advised net install, but currently I don’t have a spare in the 100mi radius :p

So far I attached a “diagnostic device” on site consisting of an hAP ac (a huge overkill but I had one half-fried on the shelf :p) which connects to the 5ghz and pings th rb4011. It’s stupid but it works - the radio just cannot have 0 devices connected (and the problematic unit is in a residential location).

I wonder if MT found a reason for this weird behavior?

IYARINDRA
just joined

Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:18 pm

It happened to me as well.
Last edited by IYARINDRA on Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codruts

Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:01 pm

quitting about 160mhz; blocked 5ghz interface on a low channel, without regulatory domain and so.
i'll return some time in the future, to find if 160mhz channel problem was solved [also, nuclear fusion and really useful electric car batteries]

d4rkblue
just joined

Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:42 am

Any news?

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:48 am

Any news?
Yes, no what news. Three months have passed, and there is no solution and MT does not even think about solving this problem. Many people ask me whether to buy, I show them this problem. Draw your own conclusions.

codruts

Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:07 pm

now i'm thinking to upgrade to intel AX200NGW, but no soho ax-capable router [as of time of writing] have 10gbe; so RB4011 && CRS305-1G-4S+ && Qnap QNA-T310G1S (&& various DAC cables) solution stays...

kiler129

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm

The silence is quite ridiculous...

fidgetik
just joined

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:35 pm

Anyone else experiencing this?
I have the same problem on RB4011iGS + 5HacQ2HnD-IN.
I bought it three weeks ago. I do not have so many devices with a wireless network at 5 GHz, so the problem was noticed after a week only.
Now I observe that at least once a week the 5GHz wireless card stops working. It helps me only to reboot the entire device.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:41 am

The solution was found quite by accident.
thanks to the post WeWiNet - (viewtopic.php?t=146029#p719239).

I generalise - you need to set the antenna-gain in accordance with the device specification in the description - (Antenna gain dBi for 5 GHz = 3) - https://mikrotik.com/product/rb4011igs_5hacq2hnd_in.

for capsman, it also works, in the settings interface you set antenna-gain and then add the interface to capsman. More interface does not fall.

Of course I want to get comments from experts MikroTik.

PS:
I did all the load and roaming tests on the iPhone XS, XS Max, iPad Pro 2018, Samsung S10, Windows 10 MSI Leopard, MacBook Pro, iMac - everything works stably without failures.

PS2:

iPad Pro 2018 - not for long wlan1 interface freezes when roaming iPad Pro 2018, but does not fall, ping becomes unstable - but everything is restored after a few seconds.

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:30 pm

If it's really the antenna gain setting, then manually lowering tx power would fix it as well. Antenna gain just limits maximum power to obey regulatory domain.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:54 pm

If it's really the antenna gain setting, then manually lowering tx power would fix it as well. Antenna gain just limits maximum power to obey regulatory domain.
It's not exactly the same thing. RB devices have a "Tx power backoff" kicking in at higher modulation modes (higher MCS). If you limit Tx power in a wrong way, then it will get lowered at higher MCS as well. If you set antenna gain, RB will linearize Tx power ... so that there won't be any Tx power backoff any more (if antenna gain is large enough).

Retral

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:20 pm

So I have a customer router that's a 4011 and I set the antenna gain to 3. One device has been connected pretty much all weekend and it's between -70 to -83. The 5g sometimes gives a group key exchange timeout to all connected devices but other times (and here's the interesting one) it'll give the Mac address of the device and state XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX@WiFi_5g: disconnected, disabling. It then proceeds to do that on all connected wireless devices and at this point the actual interface has dropped and you can no longer see the SSID anymore.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:12 pm

Damn it! : D, As I have not found before? !!!!
Colleagues, pay attention to the mac address sfp-sfplus1 and wlan1
they are the same! Change to sfp-sfpplus1 mac address.

It's all about the same mac address with sfp and wlan1!

How could this happen to the manufacturer - Mikrotik?! is another question!
Last edited by TimurA on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Retral

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:53 am

Damn it! : D, As I have not found before? !!!!
Colleagues, pay attention to the poppy mac address sfp-sfplus1 and wlan1
they are the same! Change to sfp-sfpplus1 mac address.

It's all about the same poppy address with sfp and wlan1!

How could this happen to the manufacturer - Mikrotik?! is another question!
You are absolutely correct. I saw this even on our device. I however manually override this to what it should be on ours and the disabling is still happening. Another thing I find odd about the RB4011 is that wlan1 is 5.8 and wlan2 is 2.4 while on the hAP AC and cAP AC this is done in the reverse.

codruts

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:33 am

wlan1 is, probably, that one inside SOC, wlan2 being external, on pcie

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:51 am

wlan1 is, probably, that one inside SOC, wlan2 being external, on pcie
No, they are both on the PCIe, saw the scheme?

https://i.mt.lv/cdn/rb_files/RB4011iGSp ... 110132.png

I already wrote to the support that when registering with the controller RB4011 - it glows with auto-assigned mac addresses.

A mess in general.

And what the hell?! switch chip doesn't work? is it the same as in AH1100, is there anything to hide?
What would we not see host table?

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:06 am

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=142298#p727488

This method does not work, today I have a 5gn interface crashed. - sadness.
$ 300 worth of device - which out of the box does not work.

kiler129

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:39 pm

I set the gain and fixed the duplicated MACs yesterday at 8pm. It’s 7:30 the day after and 5Ghz is crashed again....

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:20 pm

I know its frustrating guys. I will say that the RB4011 router only model is very nice. The Wifi model, at the moment, is just not ready.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:46 pm

I know its frustrating guys. I will say that the RB4011 router only model is very nice. The Wifi model, at the moment, is just not ready.
3 months have passed, no movement in solving the problem.

How do you like that, Elon Musk?

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:01 am

This should have been fixed long time ago. Bug like this just kills entire product.
Meanwhile MK is still selling RB4011 WIFI version that's clearly flawed and part of it (5GHz WLAN) is completely unusable.

It's easy to just say "if you don't like it, just RMA it and you get your money back"... yeah... NO.
If you made a stupid mistake of giving RB4011 to your customers, you now have to spend your time to answer the support calls, to apologize on behalf of MK and to replace it with something else that works. This sucks and you just feel like an idiot for even buying this thing.

This entire issue is hurting MK far more then they think.
It's impossible to even get any status update (is the fix likely? can we expect it in weeks? months? or even this year?) out of MK.
How many people are working on this issue? Probably not enough.
Usually silence means bad news and this is dragging for far too long.

Anyone buying RB4011 for SOHO use, where you want working 5GHz WIFI, abandon any hope...

codruts

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am

i presume there's a major difference between rb4011 batches; for example, mine, bought from romania, have no problems with 5ghz wireless, besides 160mhz option not functioning; also, there is a "antena gain" setting in winbox, with "3" set as value by default.
also, there is that problem with the same mac address for wlan1 and sfpplus [i added 1 for wlan 1 value, but the router worked before without this modification...using both wlan1 and sfpplus!]

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:15 am

i presume there's a major difference between rb4011 batches; for example, mine, bought from romania, have no problems with 5ghz wireless, besides 160mhz option not functioning; also, there is a "antena gain" setting in winbox, with "3" set as value by default.
also, there is that problem with the same mac address for wlan1 and sfpplus [i added 1 for wlan 1 value, but the router worked before without this modification...using both wlan1 and sfpplus!]
At the frequency of 5 GHz RB4011 there are other access points?

Can you take please a picture of the mac address sfpplus and wlan1?

codruts

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 am

only a few - in the nearest neighbourhood [very thick reinforced walls between apartments], with pretty big attenuation.
mac address was modified, no "reset mac address" option there in winbox for wireless interfaces. so a picture taken now isn't relevant... you must trust my word :)

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:02 am

only a few - in the nearest neighbourhood [very thick reinforced walls between apartments], with pretty big attenuation.
mac address was modified, no "reset mac address" option there in winbox for wireless interfaces. so a picture taken now isn't relevant... you must trust my word :)
Clearly, did you have the same mac address with sfp plus before the change?

codruts

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:15 am

right now, in `export`:
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] antenna-gain=3 band=5ghz-n/ac channel-width=\
    20/40/80mhz-XXXX country=romania disabled=no distance=indoors \
    frequency-mode=regulatory-domain installation=indoor mac-address=\
    B8:69:F4:BE:35:8E mode=ap-bridge radio-name=B869F4BE358E security-profile=\
    wlan ssid=wlan5 wireless-protocol=802.11 wmm-support=enabled wps-mode=\
    disabled
after resetting wlan1, settings are as in captured screen:
proof same mac rb4011.jpg
also, antenna-gain went to "0" radio-name to "B869F4BE358D", wireless-protocol to "any"

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:52 am

right now, in `export`:
Thank you very much!

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Amazing ignore problem of RB4011! from MT support.

I lost all hope.

fidgetik
just joined

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:41 pm

I want to try to turn on debagging wi-fi. Join me. After the 5 GHz Wi-Fi network stops working, we look in the logs.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:38 am

I want to try to turn on debagging wi-fi. Join me. After the 5 GHz Wi-Fi network stops working, we look in the logs.
In the logs and debugs, you will not see anything, this is an error of the level of L2, the mac address is the same and changing them on the interface does not help, something else inside RoS, is still at the level of L2. Note that the switch chip is the same as on the AH1100, but the host table on RB4011 is empty!

We are discussing here, and the support does not solve the problem which is obvious.

Another moment during the registration of RB4011 in CAPsMAN, he identifies himself with the self-appointed, left mac address.
Last edited by TimurA on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

fidgetik
just joined

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:12 am

TimurA, show in the screenshot of the winbox which table you have is empty. I will look at my equipment too. It seems to me that we are trying to solve various problems, but perhaps they are interrelated.

Does anyone have a problem that the 5 GHz wireless adapter stops working in the 80 MHz [Ceee] band and at 5180 MHz?

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:19 am

TimurA, show in the screenshot of the winbox which table you have is empty. I will look at my equipment too. It seems to me that we are trying to solve various problems, but perhaps they are interrelated.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:24 am

Does anyone have a problem that the 5 GHz wireless adapter stops working in the 80 MHz [Ceee] band and at 5180 MHz?
and you think that everything will work when a conflict of mac addresses with spf?

codruts

Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:18 am

well, it works.. i tested myself, using sfpplus and wlan1 in the same time, with different clients. why does it... it's a mystery.
on an unrelated matter, if i'll change the original 2.4ghz minipcie adapter with, let's say, an intel 7260... will ROS recognize it?

fidgetik
just joined

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:27 am

and you think that everything will work when a conflict of mac addresses with spf?
I think that this is not critical, because the interfaces with the same poppy are not connected to the same second-level network segment (Ethernet). Moreover, probably, almost no one uses the spf-spfplus interface. I have it turned off, but I am seeing an increase in packet counts, pause frame. This is most likely a bug.
The screenshot below is from my RB4011.

fidgetik
just joined

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:05 pm

TimurA, I of course agree with you that with the same MAC addresses on two interfaces this is a mistake of the developers of this Mikrotik model. Moreover, on the box from the device for wlan1 one poppy is written, and on the device itself another. But it all depends on how the device itself handles this situation. As a result, this may or may not affect the fact that the radio interface stops working.

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:36 pm

if i'll change the original 2.4ghz minipcie adapter with, let's say, an intel 7260... will ROS recognize it?
No, Intel wlan chipsets are unsupported in ROS. Only Atheros may work.

Re same MACs: While this is probably another bug in RB4011, it's not the culprit for 5GHz WLAN troubles, because they happen even when SFP is not used and disabled.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:13 pm

I think that this is not critical, because the interfaces with the same poppy are not connected to the same second-level network segment (Ethernet). Moreover, probably, almost no one uses the spf-spfplus interface. I have it turned off, but I am seeing an increase in packet counts, pause frame. This is most likely a bug.
The screenshot below is from my RB4011.
Very interesting, your switch chip works. I have a configuration through the bridge, and hardware offloading does not work . :(

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:15 pm

if i'll change the original 2.4ghz minipcie adapter with, let's say, an intel 7260... will ROS recognize it?
No, Intel wlan chipsets are unsupported in ROS. Only Atheros may work.

Re same MACs: While this is probably another bug in RB4011, it's not the culprit for 5GHz WLAN troubles, because they happen even when SFP is not used and disabled.
Similarly. I managed to stabilize 5ghz if I left 3 chain.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:18 pm

TimurA, I of course agree with you that with the same MAC addresses on two interfaces this is a mistake of the developers of this Mikrotik model. Moreover, on the box from the device for wlan1 one poppy is written, and on the device itself another. But it all depends on how the device itself handles this situation. As a result, this may or may not affect the fact that the radio interface stops working.
After today's 5ghz experiments, the following can be summarized:

1. switch chip does not work in bridge mode.
2. Mac adresss duplication on sfp and wlan1
3. curve driver for wlan1, does not work on 4 chains.
4. 160mhz not working. - This is superfluous, here 802.11ac does not work correctly.

Why should the consumer act as a tester? for that kind of money yet.

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:52 pm

4. 160mhz not working. - This is superfluous, here 802.11ac does not work correctly.

Excellent findings. Please send a new email to MikroTik support.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:54 pm

Excellent findings. Please send a new email to MikroTik support.
Well, now I will write.

fidgetik
just joined

Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:55 pm

Very interesting, your switch chip works. I have a configuration through the bridge, and hardware offloading does not work . :(
I just added all the necessary interfaces to the bridge.
Can you somehow customize the settings?

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:02 pm

Yokarny babay! - such an expression of emotions.

after 5 overloads, data appeared in the bridge! What's happening? :D

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:13 pm

if I turn on the RSTP, the switch chip stops working.

fidgetik
just joined

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:54 pm

You looked like before a switch-> host, but not a bridge-> host.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:08 pm

You looked like before a switch-> host, but not a bridge-> host.
RTSP,

sorry, my mistake. Hardware offload for switch chip that RB4011 uses (RTL8367), while STP/RSTP is enabled, is not supported

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:25 pm

the most curious know?
I received AirPort TimeCapsule for setting, and after that the data appeared on the switch chip on RB4011, which I showed above.
RSTP has been enabled.
Isn't that funny ?!
Last edited by TimurA on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codruts

Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:37 pm

[No, Intel wlan chipsets are unsupported in ROS. Only Atheros may work.
like some of minipcie adapters based on qca 9880-9882-etc.
how ROS will handle the dual-band adapter settings, in this case? academically speaking, as long as the marketed functionality isn't achievable.

kiler129

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:52 pm

I think another client was right that the Internet is pretty slow.... well, auto reboot every 24h missed that. With 107 SSIDs on 2.4Ghz not having 5Ghz is really not an option. Problem solved: reboot every 12h.
Untitled 2.png
But really... this is very annoying since it cannot be fixed without reboot and hard-disconnect.

Kampfwurst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:26 pm

please send all your Supout.rif files to the mikrotik support. maybe the find the problem

estas
just joined

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:14 pm

Why should the consumer act as a tester? for that kind of money yet.
Hello TimurA!

What about flapping (link down/link up) ethernet ports with auto neogation ? I have this problem with differnet hardware and different cables.
Realy, 3 Chains for wlan1 improve 5GHz stability! Thank you!

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Hello TimurA!

What about flapping (link down/link up) ethernet ports with auto neogation ? I have this problem with differnet hardware and different cables.
Realy, 3 Chains for wlan1 improve 5GHz stability! Thank you!
Hi Estas, glad that helped. About ethernet, I have no such problem with ports, it was the only thing with SFP, but MT decided this question.
What do you have connected to the ports?

estas
just joined

Fri May 03, 2019 8:34 pm

Hello TimurA,

3 chains not help for me, 5ghz still disappering... :(

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat May 04, 2019 5:45 am

Hello TimurA,

do you have ipv6 on rb4011?

estas
just joined

Sat May 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Hello TimurA,

No, only ipv4. I disabled ipv6 in packages section.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat May 04, 2019 6:53 pm

Hello TimurA,

generally strange behavior RB4011, I already do not understand anything. Support MT keeps complete silence.

estas
just joined

Sat May 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Hello TimurA,

generally strange behavior RB4011, I already do not understand anything. Support MT keeps complete silence.
I wrote to MT too...Waiting for reply..

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun May 05, 2019 6:57 am

Hello TimurA,

I disabled RB4011, they are not possible to use. I also think MT cannot solve the problem, look at the date of the first post, almost half a year has passed. This is very sad.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 07, 2019 10:59 am

Hello TimurA,

Well how are you? Anything useful answered you?

i'd read your post in the morning, did you delete it yourself?

DanielJB
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 15, 2019 6:19 pm

I received my RB4011 last friday. Very happy with the design of the device. I use it as a replacement for my RB2011 which has been running perfectly for about 5 years.

I backupped the running config of the RB2011, and selectively imported this script to the RB4011. Everything seemed to be running fine, but after 24 hours, the 5GHz network disappeared. I rebooted the device, and it was available again. Last night, again after 24 hours, the network disappeared again.

The wlan1 device is enabled, but when I open it, it says 'not running'. Also, under status it shows the date the link went down last, but it seems it never came back up.
I have the RB4011 WiFi version and don't see this issue. Did you/are you able to capture a supout <10s after the radio goes down?

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 15, 2019 6:57 pm

I have the RB4011 WiFi version and don't see this issue. Did you/are you able to capture a supout <10s after the radio goes down?
I sent it to the support many times already. And they are silent, or talk nonsense. Shitty wifi on the router.

64 bytes from 172.26.0.1: icmp_seq=224 ttl=64 time=7.874 ms
64 bytes from 172.26.0.1: icmp_seq=225 ttl=64 time=3.571 ms
Request timeout for icmp_seq 226
Request timeout for icmp_seq 227
Request timeout for icmp_seq 228
Request timeout for icmp_seq 229
Request timeout for icmp_seq 230
Request timeout for icmp_seq 231
Request timeout for icmp_seq 232
Request timeout for icmp_seq 233
Request timeout for icmp_seq 234
Request timeout for icmp_seq 235

Rudolfs
just joined

Fri May 17, 2019 1:11 pm

This issue is still being investigated by our development team. Unfortunately, this is taking longer than expected because it is not easily repeated. Any additional information regarding to "disappearance" of the 5Ghz wireless interface and how to replicate it would be appreciated and could fasten the process of resolving this matter.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 17, 2019 1:27 pm

This issue is still being investigated by our development team. Unfortunately, this is taking longer than expected because it is not easily repeated. Any additional information regarding to "disappearance" of the 5Ghz wireless interface and how to replicate it would be appreciated and could fasten the process of resolving this matter.
Good afternoon Rudolfs, at least some news. 👍🏻
I sent you a new suppot file - May 15th.

kiler129

Thu May 23, 2019 10:38 am

Rudolfs: can you share some sneak peek on the progress? Is the reason for such behavior known and if not can we maybe help somehow?

JmJ17
just joined

Thu May 23, 2019 10:43 am

In my case the 5Ghz doesn't disappears (it is named like the 2Ghz band), but the device doesn't connect after a few hours running.

Entering in WinBox, the 5Ghz appears as "Not running" until rebooted.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 27, 2019 7:41 am

I ran a RB4011 at home as a wireless access point only, for about a month.

While it suffered from the same... "Can't go faster than about 300M on speed tests..." (This has been the case with every Mikrotik Wireless I have tried.)

I can't think of a time when the 5G was not accepting clients.

I set the 5 GHZ Channel to 20/40/80Mhz Ceee and frequency 5180. This worked consistently and carried an average of 20 clients at a time. I had as many as 50 on the unit when we had guests over.

I have the same settings on a cAP AC right now and it performs exactly the same.

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon May 27, 2019 8:13 am

I have the same problem.
Some time the 5Ghz wifi stop working.
I tried disable and enable again but is stack in initializing and not running.
Tools like "scan" and "freq. usage" dose not return any result (with 2.4GHz work perfect).
The signal of 5GHz is disappeared from any devices and none of them can connect (only in 2.4GHz).
I believe with reboot, that work for some time and next i will have problem again.
But... in a router the reboot isn't so easy.

RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD (6.44.2)

Docop

Tue May 28, 2019 4:07 pm

I had many strange problem lately with the unit, but the wifi was the perfect result and working fine all the time. 2.4g and 5g have 2 different ssid name. txpower manual. no country set.
20/40/80Mhz Ceee, detect fine 5g 433mbps. Putting 160mhz is for very new device, there's not much that work with the 160 freq and especially no phone and neither the iphone and other istuff.
Also, with the higher band.. wasn't it supposed to cut the signal and modulate the power when no packet are needed instead of having all time full power.. ? Using eth cable or the sfp will fix all the problem if it's a fix unit or so and you need full all the time.

For the other issues, i did another netinstall, and then it pop up fine. it show rb 6.43.3 firm and upgraded 6.44.3 , ipv4 fasttrack by default at on. 24v around 39degC

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 28, 2019 7:36 pm

I had many strange problem lately with the unit, but the wifi was the perfect result and working fine all the time. 2.4g and 5g have 2 different ssid name. txpower manual. no country set.
20/40/80Mhz Ceee, detect fine 5g 433mbps. Putting 160mhz is for very new device, there's not much that work with the 160 freq and especially no phone and neither the iphone and other istuff.
Also, with the higher band.. wasn't it supposed to cut the signal and modulate the power when no packet are needed instead of having all time full power.. ? Using eth cable or the sfp will fix all the problem if it's a fix unit or so and you need full all the time.

For the other issues, i did another netinstall, and then it pop up fine. it show rb 6.43.3 firm and upgraded 6.44.3 , ipv4 fasttrack by default at on. 24v around 39degC
I tried all of this (different ssd, txpower manual, no_country, Ceee) but the result is the same like above.

I have 6.44.3 not 6.44.2 as i wrote above

kiler129

Tue May 28, 2019 7:54 pm

No wireless settings combination works for me either - no matter what the card freezes after some hours where the only way to fix it is to reboot.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 29, 2019 7:54 am

No wireless settings combination works for me either - no matter what the card freezes after some hours where the only way to fix it is to reboot.
The month of May ends. 🤣👍🏻

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:20 am

I can confirm that when adaptive noise immunity is disabled at 5ghz, everything has become stable on 6.45beta54.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:27 am

Mikrotik can route... Much Like a Sony TV looks incredible.

But a Sony speaker is a piece of $h!+.

DanielJB
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:37 am

I have seen this for the first time in a couple of months with an RB4011-WiFi.

Taking and decoding a supout, the kernel logs show:
2019.06.11-07:16:38.42@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:38.42@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:38.42@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:39.74@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:39.74@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:39.75@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:41.07@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:41.07@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:41.07@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:42.39@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:42.39@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:42.40@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:42.60@1: bss_timeout: timeout 1336 (jiffies 6538240, lasttx 6537575)
2019.06.11-07:16:43.72@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:43.72@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:43.72@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:45.04@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:45.04@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:45.05@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:45.34@0: ap_update_pm: 9c:b6:d0:fa:7d:fd left PS
2019.06.11-07:16:45.44@0: ap_update_pm: 9c:b6:d0:fa:7d:fd entered PS (bytes 0)
2019.06.11-07:16:45.62@0: ap_update_pm: 9c:b6:d0:fa:7d:fd left PS
2019.06.11-07:16:45.72@0: ap_update_pm: 9c:b6:d0:fa:7d:fd entered PS (bytes 0)
2019.06.11-07:16:46.37@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:46.37@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:46.37@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:47.69@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:47.69@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:47.70@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:49.02@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:49.02@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:49.02@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:50.35@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:50.35@3: ath_reset
/interface wireless monitor wlan1 show the interface is running, and I see the noise floor varying:
channel: 5745/20-Ceee/ac
wireless-protocol: 802.11
noise-floor: -104dBm
overall-tx-ccq: 100%
registered-clients: 1
authenticated-clients: 1
wmm-enabled: yes
notify-external-fdb: no
The registration table shows 1 client connected (which isn't), however there are no SSID broadcasts occurring. The AP got into this state after a prolonged period of co-channel interference. It is highly likely this is a Qualcomm proprietary qca9984 driver bug caused by missing state update (eg an unlock) on an error path.

estas
just joined

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Hello, Rudolfs

hap ac2 have same problem. 5ghz randomly disappearing.
Last edited by estas on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

estas
just joined

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Hello, TimurA

I sended supout to mikrotik, they answered that they did not see any problems with 5ghz.
More interesting, hap ac2 have same problem, 5ghz randomly disappearing :)

Hmmm, i dont deleted any post..

Do you have any news/solutions for this problem?
6.45 beta54 did not help for me.

Now i have two not working properly devices, hap ac2 and rb4011 :))))

estas
just joined

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:41 pm

I can confirm that when adaptive noise immunity is disabled at 5ghz, everything has become stable on 6.45beta54.
This solutions not working for me:( 5GHz still randomly disappearing...

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Hello!, try test on 6.45beta62.

estas
just joined

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:21 pm

More interesting :)
I have tv box xiaomi mi box mini, when i watch iptv (5GHz) on it, 5GHz on rb4011 and hap ac2 randomly disappears...
If i turn off mi box, 5Ghz works fine!
WiFi router asus 88u and linksys e4200 dont have any problem with mi box :))

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:07 pm

Hello, TimurA

I sended supout to mikrotik, they answered that they did not see any problems with 5ghz.
More interesting, hap ac2 have same problem, 5ghz randomly disappearing :)

Hmmm, i dont deleted any post..

Do you have any news/solutions for this problem?
6.45 beta54 did not help for me.

Now i have two not working properly devices, hap ac2 and rb4011 :))))
Yes, not fully working RB4011 devices at 5ghz and hap ac2 on qca9984 chips.

Why did they let them out ?, it's not at all clear! only trust undermined.

estas
just joined

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Just connect xiaomi mi box mini to the rb 4011 or hap ac2, 5ghz will disappear soon :)

Kampfwurst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:17 pm

with the 6.45beta62 on my hap ac2 i have no problem with the 5ghz. After 1 week the Wifi is still running, Maybe some can confirm this with the RB4011

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Maybe some can confirm this with the RB4011
No, it's still bad!

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:25 pm

Maybe some can confirm this with the RB4011
A fundamental solution (on photo) to the 5ghz problem on the RB4011. + wAP ac. 😩🤣🤣

PS
I no longer believe that they will solve this problem at all in the next 1 year.

Kampfwurst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:27 pm

What i forget to write is that i use a CAPs Manager on the hap ac2. I have two hap ac2 running. one of them is the CAPs Manager- Both oft them running without problems.

kiler129

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:28 pm

We halt purchasing RB4011 with wireless. My personal one now has hAP AC next to it for 5Ghz.

MT: really, seriously, this is a joke. The device is mostly punched as a replacement for RB2011/3011 which packs more ports than hAP AC. Having non-functional 5Ghz makes is literally useless.

Kampfwurst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:30 am

is the 5Ghz Wifi on the R11E Card? or is it on the main board?

kiler129

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:32 am

RB4011 Jaś R11e, but it’s responsible for handling 2.4Ghz. The 5Ghz is handled by a built-in QCA9984.

p.s. just coming back from emergency replacement of post-thunderstorm of 2x RB4011 - switched to hAP ac + switch at one location ;p

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:46 pm

6.45.1 didn't solve the problem.

joaquinmb
just joined

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:28 pm

TimurA,
did you reset wlan interface configuration? solved it?

kiler129

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:32 am

That’s expected - there’s no mention of this in the release notes. I think they’re still debugging the issue.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:47 am

TimurA,
yes, in 6.45.1 solve mac address, 5ghz down again and again.

ps
I take off RB4011, and put up for sale. The problem with 5ghz will not be solved as I understand it.

joaquinmb
just joined

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:16 am

TimurA,
yes, in 6.45.1 solve mac address, 5ghz down again and again.

ps
I take off RB4011, and put up for sale. The problem with 5ghz will not be solved as I understand it.
I upgraded my RB4011 to 6.45.1 and 5ghz down again, with different MAC but down again. Not solved

CechTech
just joined

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:46 pm

First Mikrotik device I bought and definitely the last one. My 5ghz wlan works max for one day. Then It disappears. Latest stable firmware. I should've bought Ubiquiti instead. Wireless device with unstable wifi like the RB4011 one is unacceptable.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:44 pm

First Mikrotik device I bought and definitely the last one. My 5ghz wlan works max for one day. Then It disappears. Latest stable firmware. I should've bought Ubiquiti instead. Wireless device with unstable wifi like the RB4011 one is unacceptable.
you're right. I bought it in February and at the same time I opened the ticket. There is no solution to this day.

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Yesterday I bought a cAP ac and had the same problem as the 4011 on 5GHz. After set-up he began to emit normally at 5GHz and after ~ 5 'ceased to operate the particular band. At this time, both cAP ac and 4011 have the 5GHz band stuck in enable / disable running / slave / initializing. The scan / freq options. usage does not work.

estas
just joined

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Yes, you right! I also wanted to buy ubiquiti, but mikrotiks fanboys convinced me :(
These are my first two devices from mikrotik, rb4011 and hap ac2, and both do not work properly...
Mikrotik can not solve the problem for almost a half of the year and I do not think that they will solve it.
And I am lucky that I use these devices for home. I wanted to build a enterprie project on mikrotiks devices.
But no more mikrotik in my life...I'm also trying to sell them out and buy ubiquiti.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:43 am

I miss the good old days when Mikrotik Routed...
And Ubnt did wireless...

It's when one tried to do the other that things start to fall apart.

Docop

Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Have you try to first install fresh with netinstall 6.44.3, and then only used the: quick set and just put a password and a name ? No vpn, no port blocking.. no nothing. I'm on 20-40-80ceee , freq/chan : auto, no country set. ap-bridge and i get full speed and no disconnect at all. ssid always present.
And do you get disconnect when you are under 15feet ?
It could be extra setting you put/change.
If you want a constant link, perhaps go with eth cable, as the AC protocol is not made, intended to be transmitting 100% power all the time and keep the link open all time.

kiler129

Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:45 am

The ac is perfectly stable on other devices. We have plenty of hAP ac's and wAPs and there are no complains. Seems like only QCA9984-based devices are problematic.
The issue is not with disconnections but with the SSID being gone. From what I've seen in the lab as well as from the feedback of other people the issue is only present when nothing is connected to the 5Ghz AP for too long.

estas
just joined

Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:00 pm

the issue is only present when nothing is connected to the 5Ghz AP for too long.
No,its not true. 5GHz randomly disappears when i watch iptv.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Is your IPTV multicast or unicast?

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:52 pm

did you read it, from DanielJB?
Do you understand that the device does not work?
For you already and debug made.
I have 5ghz falling from any sneeze!
I have seen this for the first time in a couple of months with an RB4011-WiFi.

Taking and decoding a supout, the kernel logs show:
2019.06.11-07:16:38.42@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:38.42@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:38.42@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:39.74@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:39.74@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:39.75@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:41.07@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:41.07@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:41.07@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:42.39@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:42.39@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:42.40@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:42.60@1: bss_timeout: timeout 1336 (jiffies 6538240, lasttx 6537575)
2019.06.11-07:16:43.72@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:43.72@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:43.72@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:45.04@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:45.04@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:45.05@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:45.34@0: ap_update_pm: 9c:b6:d0:fa:7d:fd left PS
2019.06.11-07:16:45.44@0: ap_update_pm: 9c:b6:d0:fa:7d:fd entered PS (bytes 0)
2019.06.11-07:16:45.62@0: ap_update_pm: 9c:b6:d0:fa:7d:fd left PS
2019.06.11-07:16:45.72@0: ap_update_pm: 9c:b6:d0:fa:7d:fd entered PS (bytes 0)
2019.06.11-07:16:46.37@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:46.37@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:46.37@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:47.69@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:47.69@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:47.70@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:49.02@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:49.02@3: ath_reset
2019.06.11-07:16:49.02@3: qca9984_tx_disable: timeout
2019.06.11-07:16:50.35@3: ath_beacon_tasklet: busy, reset
2019.06.11-07:16:50.35@3: ath_reset
/interface wireless monitor wlan1 show the interface is running, and I see the noise floor varying:
channel: 5745/20-Ceee/ac
wireless-protocol: 802.11
noise-floor: -104dBm
overall-tx-ccq: 100%
registered-clients: 1
authenticated-clients: 1
wmm-enabled: yes
notify-external-fdb: no
The registration table shows 1 client connected (which isn't), however there are no SSID broadcasts occurring. The AP got into this state after a prolonged period of co-channel interference. It is highly likely this is a Qualcomm proprietary qca9984 driver bug caused by missing state update (eg an unlock) on an error path.

estas
just joined

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Multicast

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Multicast
the game with the multicast settings on the wlan interface does not give any result either. The problem is deeper .... it is enough to read how solved problems on the QCA9984 chip on OpenWRT in 2017-2018 year

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:05 am

I found a way to make at least this piece of shit work.
We do the following: in the ACL for 5ghz, we write the rule limiting connection -120 ..-65 (or -67).
5GHz is falling due to the fact that the client starts to reconnect frequently.

Mikrotik! solve this problem already, how much can you analyze?

ddslc
just joined

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:07 pm

So why it fails when there's no clients at all? After a long period of idle?

My observations show that rts/cts disabling may help. Still investigating.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:21 pm

So why it fails when there's no clients at all? After a long period of idle?

My observations show that rts/cts disabling may help. Still investigating.
rts/cts disabling - not help.
look at answer from DanielJB.

CechTech
just joined

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:46 pm

I upgraded to 6.45.1 and 5ghz is running and visible for 3 days. It lasts only for 1 day before. Is the issue fixed? Can someone confirm?

ddslc
just joined

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:52 pm

I upgraded to 6.45.1 and 5ghz is running and visible for 3 days. It lasts only for 1 day before. Is the issue fixed? Can someone confirm?
Yep, running for 5 days or so. But maybe "adaptive noise immunity" disabling helped also.

CechTech
just joined

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Yep, running for 5 days or so. But maybe "adaptive noise immunity" disabling helped also.
I didn't change anything in config. Just upgraded routeros.

ddslc
just joined

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:09 pm

I didn't change anything in config. Just upgraded routeros.
is adaptive noise immunity enabled in your config?

CechTech
just joined

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:29 pm

is adaptive noise immunity enabled in your config?
No. I'll enable it and check if my wlan is unstable. So far so good.

kiler129

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:55 am

I had a boring day today and tested - as with beta no change, the wlan disappeared after couple of hours.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:57 pm

6.45.2 *) wireless - improved 802.11ac stability for all ARM devices with wireless;

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:00 pm

6.45.2 *) wireless - improved 802.11ac stability for all ARM devices with wireless;
The sfp port does not work at 6.45.2, it is not possible to verify.

ddslc
just joined

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:57 am

Just updated to 6.45.2 . Wifi drops immediately, less than in 1 day

zekoslavmrkva
just joined

Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:57 pm

SFP Not work at 6.45.2!!!, Is it any way to back on 6.45.1?

kiler129

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:27 am

LMGTFY - 1st result: viewtopic.php?t=133611

zekoslavmrkva
just joined

Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:52 am

Thanx dear,
I am realy NEW here!
Where I can find 6.45.1? How I can find there https://mikrotik.com/download/archive image for RB4011 device?

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:08 am

Thanx dear,
I am realy NEW here!
Where I can find 6.45.1? How I can find there https://mikrotik.com/download/archive image for RB4011 device?
https://download.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... 6.45.1.npk

zekoslavmrkva
just joined

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:27 pm

Thanx dear,
I am realy NEW here!
Thanx dear,
I am realy NEW here!
Thx Timur, you are the best

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:30 pm

This is honestly unacceptable! If you can't fix your product, issue a recall! More than half a year has passed already..
These units are not cheap at all (230+ EUR) to purchase, and they can't even perform their basic as-advertised functionality in a reliable fashion, for Pete's sake!

Also..

Literally no one:

MikroTik:
*Offers supposed WiFi stability upgrade; SFP+ port no longer works*

codruts

Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:40 am

i suppose that nobody tried another OS on rb4011...

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:50 pm

test on 6.46beta16, wlan1 disabling itself. not fix

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:04 am

This is honestly unacceptable! If you can't fix your product, issue a recall! More than half a year has passed already..
These units are not cheap at all (230+ EUR) to purchase, and they can't even perform their basic as-advertised functionality in a reliable fashion, for Pete's sake!

Also..

Literally no one:

MikroTik:
*Offers supposed WiFi stability upgrade; SFP+ port no longer works*
Hello, Frostbyte, I have the exact same situation, 7 months. No response and no response that the device is defective. The only thing that I received from the support is that they have been working on the problem for 7 months already. This is sad!

They write that they fixed 802.11ac for ARM, but in the end it was frustrating.

In my regions, all distributors - seeing my problem do not order the RB4011, for fear of return and complaints. And this is all that I could achieve.

codruts

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:42 am

i still believe that it's a hardware version problem; i haven't this problem with wlan1 disabling itself (router bought from romania, in december 2018).
for sure, 160mhz option isn't working, even if the settings say so; and only once wlan1 started to search another free 5ghz channel, due of meteo radars relatively nearby [an anti-hail rockets system at ~10km], kicking me out for those regulated 10 minutes.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:10 am

i still believe that it's a hardware version problem; i haven't this problem with wlan1 disabling itself (router bought from romania, in december 2018).
for sure, 160mhz option isn't working, even if the settings say so; and only once wlan1 started to search another free 5ghz channel, due of meteo radars relatively nearby [an anti-hail rockets system at ~10km], kicking me out for those regulated 10 minutes.
I also bought the RB4011 in 2018, in December. After the MUM, fell for advertising.
Came to me in early January. And there is a problem.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:01 pm

PCI info of RB4011 - Atheros Communications Inc. unknown device (rev: 0)

Most likely the problem is in the wifi chip, it is previously a revision. According to the openwrt people Atheros QCA9984 rev 1.0, and the problem was solved by the firmware of the chip back in 2018. I am very disappointed in RB4011. I do not want to be more impressed. :evil:

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:44 pm

@mikrotik seems to me not looking there at all. Constantly write increased stability in 802.11ac. wlan1 often crashes when a device reconnects to RB4011 from another device.
And there will be ipv6 - multicast.

and here are the links to fixes on openwrt on the QCA9984 chip:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10723033/
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10385043/

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:59 pm

after a wlan1 failure, a red diode is lit on the inside of the device.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:28 am

I found a solution!
i hade wlan1 was always in the bridge. If wlan1 is removed from the bridge, then it stops falling, and the red diode goes out.
In the case of CAPSMAN, I installed a datapach for wlan1 without Local Forwarding, and it also stopped falling, and the red diode is off.

@mikrotik, why should an expensive router users themselves look for your problem? We have been talking about the problem for 7 months already, and you are silent - like a fish on the ice! You have a problem with ROS in the bridge for QCA9984!

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:32 am

The problem is with ipv6 multicast or with bridge on 5ghz?

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:42 am

The problem is with ipv6 multicast or with bridge on 5ghz?
something makes wlan1 fall, obviously not the correct processing of data from wlan1. If refer to patches from openwrt then multicast.

Kampfwurst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:11 pm

What i forget to write is that i use a CAPs Manager on the hap ac2. I have two hap ac2 running. one of them is the CAPs Manager- Both oft them running without problems.
As i wrote before. On my hap ac2 with the caps manager and without local forward on the wifi its running fine. Maybe this helps someone

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:32 pm

As i wrote before. On my hap ac2 with the caps manager and without local forward on the wifi its running fine. Maybe this helps someone
Yes, only link performance drops

Docop

Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:31 pm

160mg is for future, if people try or complain about an iphone not connecting at that speed.. the istuff don't support it. The ac norm is not made to be all time on, it's an hashing power. Better to used the 10g fiber port or simple eth cable to have a full conectivity. Why wifi is so needed ? Only a battery operated stuff need it, the rest, as soon you need to be plug to the ac, you can have an eth cable.
Do a netinstall, do the simple ac setup /corner left and all is up and wifi work without disconnect. So no vlan, no ipv6, no extra firewall stuff... This is the basic first step to do before saying it's not working. and not after a-b-c-z mod and addition of vlan and multiple subnet and so on..

kiler129

Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:38 pm

Cutting off multicast completely is probably a terrible idea since many applications rely on that (AirPlay, Dropbox just to name two).

Also, phones are pretty capable of ac but they rarely use it due to the battery consumption.
8946D612-1D8F-4202-979E-AC82028F24F8.png
Tablets and laptops in the other hand... well, ac is needed.
I want to see how you drag Ethernet cable to a TV, thermostat, smart speaker and all different things which are wired to the power but connected to the WiFi for convenience. You cannot tell your customers that you will rip their walls and connect everything using an Ethernet cable... cmon, it’s 2019.

p.s. also the point about ipv6 is completely missed. A lot of systems use IPv6 in the local network. Disabling IPv6 nowadays is like refusing to use LTE.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:57 pm

Do a netinstall, do the simple ac setup /corner left and all is up and wifi work without disconnect. So no vlan, no ipv6, no extra firewall stuff... This is the basic first step to do before saying it's not working. and not after a-b-c-z mod and addition of vlan and multiple subnet and so on..
how much can we do netinstall! Do you think idiots here?
if we do not use multicast, vlan, ipv6 and so on - then why is this neutered device needed?
Can take ASUS or Tp-Link for morons and everything works without tuning.
Synology RT2600ac - QCA9984, there were similar problems, even in 2018, and they solved them.
In the framework of this forum, I gave a link to the forum of theirs.
PS
Do you think I did not with an empty config and did not check?!. @Mikrotik has a ticket with suppot files and not one. And not only from me open tickets.

PS
Synology - they screwed WPA3 back in 2018, CARLL!
Synology RT2600ac Release Notes - v1.2-7742 (2018-10-16)
Added support for WPA3 Personal/Enterprise

PS
on the other hand, they release 6.45.2 and send an SPF port to hells. A week has passed and no warning in the description of a stable branch, and if it were not for the forum, many would suffer.

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:41 pm

I found a solution!
i hade wlan1 was always in the bridge. If wlan1 is removed from the bridge, then it stops falling, and the red diode goes out.
In the case of CAPSMAN, I installed a datapach for wlan1 without Local Forwarding, and it also stopped falling, and the red diode is off.

@mikrotik, why should an expensive router users themselves look for your problem? We have been talking about the problem for 7 months already, and you are silent - like a fish on the ice! You have a problem with ROS in the bridge for QCA9984!
Sorry but i cant verify.
I removed wlan1 (5ghz) from bridge but still dose not work.
I tried disable/enable but... same problem.
I tried add to bridge again but... nothing.
I tried all combinations with above (without restart) but nothing worked.

5ghz work only after reboot and for limited time.

skb73
just joined

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:30 pm

TimurA, my friend, thanks a lot. Seems like turning the local forwarding off fixed my problems with more than 20 CAP ACs.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:14 pm

TimurA, my friend, thanks a lot. Seems like turning the local forwarding off fixed my problems with more than 20 CAP ACs.
always please skb73.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:15 pm

I found a solution!

Sorry but i cant verify.

rechecked. Unfortunately wlan1 only works through CAPSMAN without Local forward.

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:34 am

I found a solution!

Sorry but i cant verify.

rechecked. Unfortunately wlan1 only works through CAPSMAN without Local forward.
I confirm.
With CAPsMAN work perfect.
3 days work perfect without problem.

anuser
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:50 pm

Can you please post you config on a working RB4011 running with CAPSMAN?

ddslc
just joined

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:07 pm

I cannot explain it, but now it works for 3 days without capsman... Still waiting for a glitch

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:34 pm

Can you please post you config on a working RB4011 running with CAPSMAN?
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether2
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether3
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether4
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether5
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether6
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether7
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether8
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether9
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether10
add bridge=bridge1 interface=wlan2

/interface wireless cap
# 
set bridge=bridge1 discovery-interfaces=bridge1 enabled=yes interfaces=wlan1

/caps-man configuration
add country=greece datapath.bridge=bridge1 hide-ssid=yes installation=indoor \
    keepalive-frames=enabled mode=ap multicast-helper=default name=cfg1 \
    rates.vht-supported-mcs="" security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk \
    security.group-encryption=aes-ccm security.group-key-update=5m \
    security.passphrase=123456 ssid=MySSID

/caps-man interface
add configuration=cfg1 disabled=no l2mtu=1600 mac-address=12:34:56:78:90:12 \
    master-interface=none name=cap1 radio-mac=12:34:56:78:90:12 radio-name=\

/caps-man manager
set enabled=yes

/caps-man manager interface
set [ find default=yes ] forbid=yes
add disabled=no interface=bridge1

/caps-man provisioning
add action=create-dynamic-enabled disabled=yes master-configuration=cfg1

codruts

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:56 pm

so, technically, me, who didn't use all mk gimmicks, just plain setup... i had a perfectly useful router! :))

wrkq

Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Well, knock on wood, but after last round of config changes my 5G wifi is still working with 10 days of uptime...
[admin@MikroTik] > /system resource print
             uptime: 1w3d12h10m4s
            version: 6.44.5 (long-term)
         build-time: Jul/04/2019 10:32:21
   factory-software: 6.43.10
        free-memory: 955.2MiB
       total-memory: 1024.0MiB
                cpu: ARMv7
          cpu-count: 4
      cpu-frequency: 1400MHz
           cpu-load: 0%
     free-hdd-space: 128.8MiB
    total-hdd-space: 170.9MiB
  architecture-name: arm
         board-name: RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD
           platform: MikroTik
[admin@MikroTik] > /interface wireless monitor [find] once
                  channel: 2447/20-Ce/gn(17dBm) 5200/20-eCee/ac/P(20dBm)+5530/80/DP(24dBm)
        wireless-protocol: 802.11               802.11
              noise-floor: -102dBm              -105dBm
           overall-tx-ccq: 77%                  100%
       registered-clients: 2                    1
    authenticated-clients: 2                    1
              wmm-enabled: yes                  yes
I can't suggest too much aside of 6.44.5 but I currently have it set up in 80+80 mode with statically configured frequencies. Specifically
set wlan1 band=5ghz-n/ac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-XXXX frequency=5200 secondary-channel=5530
I do have
adaptive-noise-immunity=none
(and I remember ANI being a massive pain on OpenWRT in the past) but it was off the whole time before anyway.

I actually had a massive amount of trouble setting up 80+80.
For first bunch of attempts "set secondary-channel=" command was accepted, returned me to prompt... but crashed the wireless subsystem.
Both 2.4 and 5.0 wifi go down, and many commands such like /interface print (not to mention /interface wireless print) just frozen the console.
A minute or two later I've been also losing the ability to open new ssh connections - key was accepted but then terminal hanged in blank.

Only fix for that was a power cycle.
Actually, no, that was a long night and I forgot the whole story.
Because the faulty config was already saved, after a reset I could log in but wifi was still crashed and trying to do e.g. /interface print would freeze the management plane again.
So after that power cycle it was actually required to restore backup, which would then say it will restart but fail to do so (because crashed system components).
Manual power cycle at that point brought me back to the config from backup, so with the ability to edit wireless config again.
So, try another setting, freeze the device again, rinse, repeat.

I'm still not 100% sure but I think what resolved this was setting
channel-width=20/40/80mhz-XXXX
Earlier it was specifically
channel-width=20/40/80mhz-Ceee
on the assumption of "if I'm setting frequencies manually, I should set up the control channel position manually too, right?".

But... yeah. Works for me for now, at least.

PS. Can anyone point out to me what's the logic for the code-tag to sometimes render inline and sometimes as a box?

ddslc
just joined

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Nope. Playing with channel settings still have no effect.

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:17 am

I'll stay with CAPsMAN until MT release a patch in stable ROS.
In this time, is the only solution that work 100%.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:05 am

It was discovered empirically that macbook pro 15 "2017 and macbook pro 15" 2019 are to blame for the fall of wlan1. There is no such effect on windows 10.

this is in my case.

ps
maybe it's itunes wifi synchronization with iphone, ipad behaves like this or Airdrop or something specific - which I don’t know.

ps2

disabled AirDrop everywhere until the interface crashes. I will watch.

aya
just joined

Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:47 pm

After a year of work, my HAP AC2 failed. Bought to replace RB4011. And in this device, for 3 days of operation, WiFi turned off 2 times. Does everyone have a problem or replace the device in the store?

kiler129

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:03 pm

@aya: Please, respect each other. You posted in a topic where multiple people are describing the problem for 4 pages - you should take a look first I think.

The MT is working on the solution. Replacing the device will not help.

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:59 am

After a year of work, my HAP AC2 failed. Bought to replace RB4011. And in this device, for 3 days of operation, WiFi turned off 2 times. Does everyone have a problem or replace the device in the store?
@aya: Please, respect each other. You posted in a topic where multiple people are describing the problem for 4 pages - you should take a look first I think.

In addition... in this time we have a solution that work perfect without any problem...
The solution is CAPsMAN and i have a mini tutorial / sample code above.
Last edited by denisun on Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:22 am

Please write to support@mikrotik.com, providing supout.rif from your device generated after the crash (when the interface is "down"). Additionally, If you know how to repeat the issue with your setup, please provide detailed steps.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:08 am

Several days passed, still no replies and not a single email about this issue.

Is the RB4011 5GHz issue resolved?

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:30 am

Hello Normis,

No, the problem is not resolved.
we sit and watch you :) when something is decided :)

PS
I sent new data to Reiniss, and my conclusions about the SSID drop.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:43 am

Timur, I understand from Reinis, that your problem is not related to wireless at all, it's most likely a Layer 2 misconfiguration problem. My question was to the other participants of this thread.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:55 am

Timur, I understand from Reinis, that your problem is not related to wireless at all, it's most likely a Layer 2 misconfiguration problem. My question was to the other participants of this thread.
Normis!

here it is not a level 2 configuration. You have some problems with RoS on L2. Since it affects wlan1 but not wlan2 - how can you explain this? When all the interfaces are in one bridge! And checked without a bridge! Let's not throw off the problem for a special case!

You DanielJB and others described the same symptoms. ping increases and SSID translation stops

/caps-man remote-cap print
# ADDRESS NAME STATE RADIOS
2 172.27.0.1/58405 [11:E9:4B:BF:AB:CE] Run 2

Explain to me what is going on on L2 in RB4011. When the device in capsman constantly generates a left mac address. Non-native!
I already mentioned this to Arthus and Rudolfs and Reinis.

PS
Remember how we resolved the issue of identical mac addresses on SFP and wlan1 for a long time.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:21 am

Good, Normis. I was already tired of saying that there is a problem. Let it be your way. No problem.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:33 am

Timur, nothing is wrong with your 2GHz, because nothing is connecting there. Please be reasonable and follow our support department recommendations, your configuration needs restructuring.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:07 am

Timur, nothing is wrong with your 2GHz, because nothing is connecting there. Please be reasonable and follow our support department recommendations, your configuration needs restructuring.
Normis, look carefully suppout the files, after the fall of wlan1 everyone runs away to wlan2.

I all answered your support, read carefully.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:21 pm

In addition... in this time we have a solution that work perfect without any problem...
Hello Denisun,

Another working method I have. for wlan1 set the parameter Frame LifeTime> 0. etc 2.00 or 3.00.
You can already enable Local Forwarding in CAPSMAN.

mikelaurense
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:07 pm

As the original poster of this thread, I can also confirm this isn’t fixed yet. I might not have posted a lot, but I’ve certainly kept up with all the comments made in this thread.
I currently do not have a problem with 5GHz WiFi in the RB4011, but a cAP Gi-5acD2nD provisioned via capsman currently has it’s 5GHz Interface down. See screenshot

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:33 pm

I currently do not have a problem with 5GHz WiFi in the RB4011
Could you tell us how you solved the problem?

mikelaurense
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:55 am

No I meant I don’t have a problem at this moment. But it can occur at any time and then I have to reboot the device again

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:59 am

Hello @TimurA.

Hello Denisun,

Another working method I have. for wlan1 set the parameter Frame LifeTime> 0. etc 2.00 or 3.00.
Thanks for support.
I'll try this.
For your opinion... what is the best value (default is 0).

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:47 am

Hello @TimurA.

Hello Denisun,

Thanks for support.
I'll try this.
Hello, 1.00 (10ms) and 2.00 (20ms)

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Hello @TimurA.

Hello Denisun,

Thanks for support.
I'll try this.
ok but in winbox the frame-lifetime value is in (s) not (ms).
Also in export file.
The value of 1.00 translate to 1s not in 10ms.
I changed to 0.01 and in the export file i took 10ms.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:53 am

Hello @TimurA.

Hello Denisun,

Thanks for support.
I'll try this.
Also in export file.
viewtopic.php?t=59164

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:16 am

Hello Denisun,

Thanks for support.
I'll try this.
Also in export file.
viewtopic.php?t=59164
This is an old thread.
I believe the correct value for 10ms is 0.01. Not 1.00.
As i said... the rsc file give me for 1.00 the value of 1s,
instead of 0.01 which give me the value 10ms

muetzekoeln
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:52 am

This is an old thread.

Which version of ROS did change this? Or was the information from this old thread wrong? And by the way, what is the default value? Infinitely, as FAQ states? Normis??

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:02 pm

This is an old thread.
I believe the correct value for 10ms is 0.01. Not 1.00.
As i said... the rsc file give me for 1.00 the value of 1s,
instead of 0.01 which give me the value 10ms
0.01 perfect for wlan1! thx

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:51 pm

This is an old thread.

Which version of ROS did change this? Or was the information from this old thread wrong? And by the way, what is the default value? Infinitely, as FAQ states? Normis??
I dont know from which version changed the base.
The default value is 0 that mean it is disable.

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:03 pm

The problem still exists.
For me it took about 29 days on a brand new RB4011, before it occurred.
Since then the wifi gets disabled (stuck in "initializing") in less than a day for 3 days in a row now...

ddslc
just joined

Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:17 am

Looks like frame lifetime = 0.02 work fine. 8 days - all systems nominal :-)

Nirox

Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Hello team.

Someone already updated RB4011 (wifi) on RouterOS 6.46beta38?

Support send me email with next recommendation...

In the latest RouterOS 6.46beta38 there was done major improvements to increase the stability, please upgrade the to see if it solves the issue.
Please send us the supout.rif file from your device right after the issue appears.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:24 am

Hello team.

Someone already updated RB4011 (wifi) on RouterOS 6.46beta38?

Support send me email with next recommendation...

In the latest RouterOS 6.46beta38 there was done major improvements to increase the stability, please upgrade the to see if it solves the issue.
Please send us the supout.rif file from your device right after the issue appears.
use with 6.46beta38 frame-lifetime=0.01

ddslc
just joined

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:28 am

Well. No good. After 14 days wlan1 disappeared again

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:03 pm

Well. No good. After 14 days wlan1 disappeared again
It still work in my setup.

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:39 pm

After upgrade today to 6.45.6 (stable), i cannot connect to 5GHz. :(

Nirox

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:21 pm

welcome to club :(

You not see network or get message "Password is wrong"?

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:50 pm

no problem, i was connected to 5ghz

7 ;;; Macbook Pro
interface=cap6 ssid="XXX5ghz" mac-address=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
tx-rate-set="OFDM:6-54 BW:1x-4x SGI:1x-4x HT:0-23 VHTMCS:SS1=0-9,SS2=0-9,SS3=0-9" eap-identity=""

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:08 pm

welcome to club :(

You not see network or get message "Password is wrong"?
I didn't see the 5GHz wireless.
Now work perfect, without any changes.

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:41 pm

What channel do you use? Perhaps, "now" means "once radar detection is complete"? Just guessing.

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 pm

What channel do you use? Perhaps, "now" means "once radar detection is complete"? Just guessing.
I have it in auto.
I believe it tried to find a free channel and it was delayed.

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:08 pm

I have it in auto.
In this case the delay is most certainly caused by DFS (radar detection). When a DFS-enforced channel is selected, a delay (before you see your SSID on air) of at least 10 minutes is always to be expected.

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:01 pm

I have it in auto.
In this case the delay is most certainly caused by DFS (radar detection). When a DFS-enforced channel is selected, a delay (before you see your SSID on air) of at least 10 minutes is always to be expected.
Yes. That was...
I tried without create dynamic provisioning (without any provisioning) and still work.

UpRunTech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:41 pm

As the original poster of this thread, I can also confirm this isn’t fixed yet. I might not have posted a lot, but I’ve certainly kept up with all the comments made in this thread.
I currently do not have a problem with 5GHz WiFi in the RB4011, but a cAP Gi-5acD2nD provisioned via capsman currently has it’s 5GHz Interface down. See screenshot
I recall I had problems with devices connecting reliably on CAPSMan systems until I started forcing Ce or Ceee. Don't let the radio chose the mode.

Nirox

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:50 pm

I recall I had problems with devices connecting reliably on CAPSMan systems until I started forcing Ce or Ceee. Don't let the radio chose the mode.
Hello team. Sorry, but I think will be better if we all bury this “perfect and best solution “. I’m reschedule all my critical projects on “old” hAP AC and now I’m happy. 35 days without any problem.

Mikrotik betrayed my hope like minimum in seriously project. And I wrote this with big regret.

Retral

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:55 pm

I second Nitrox's statement. You cannot leave anything on Mikrotiks in capsman or the wireless interface auto for anything related to channel width. I personally have repeatedly experienced out in the field and while testing in our data center this wrong extension channel selection. One channel I have seen this on for sure is ch165 being used in extensions, which from everything I know is only a 20mhz channel that is not part of Ceee eeeC or anything other than a lone 20mhz channel. Also why can you not exclude DFS channels outside of capsman? With custom channel list you can of course but why not otherwise like capsman has?

UpRunTech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:51 am

I'd say perhaps there are clients out there that don't work well using anything other than Ce or Ceee. Options like eCee or eC or eeeeCeee are there so the radio can find a clear 20MHz space for C and optionally use the e's depending on the radio interference environment. For 5GHz indoors this shouldn't be a huge problem, even in apartment blocks as 5GHz doesn't propagate through walls very well. Maybe outdoors this could be a bigger problem for 5GHz if there are a lot of PtP and PtMP links. For 2GHz just stick with a 20MHz channel on 1, 6 or 11 with b and g disabled. That said clients may not negotiate anything other than Ceee/Ce very well anyway - at least with Mikrotik. I have found the less choice or variety you give both the access point and the clients the better the outcomes. And always set multicast helper to full - discovery broadcasts and DHCP works much better with it on.

Here's my example of a recipe for happy CAPSMan and is typical of what I use. It works well with HAPAC2 and CAPAC. I have an RB4011 with Wifi but I found a bug the other day where it will always do Ceeeeeee when I only ask for Ceee - and Mikrotik have acknowledged this bug and will fix it. CAPSMan doesn't even give your a choice for Ceeeeeeee - at least in Winbox.

Put this mangle rule on all the APs if you use local forwarding, otherwise it only has to be on the CAPSMan controller.
/ip firewall mangle
add action=set-priority chain=postrouting comment="Set DSCP to interface priority for WMM" new-priority=from-dscp-high-3-bits \
    out-bridge-port=all-wireless passthrough=yes
This config gives each radio freedom to choose from the defined frequencies. Note I used hide-sensitive.
/caps-man security
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk disable-pmkid=yes encryption=aes-ccm group-encryption=aes-ccm name=YOURSECURITY
/caps-man configuration
add channel.band=2ghz-onlyn channel.extension-channel=disabled channel.frequency=2412,2437,2462 channel.tx-power=20 country=YOURCOUNTRY \
    datapath.bridge=BridgeMain datapath.client-to-client-forwarding=yes datapath.local-forwarding=no distance=indoors multicast-helper=\
    full name=YOURSSID rates.basic=12Mbps rates.supported=12Mbps,18Mbps,24Mbps,36Mbps,48Mbps,54Mbps security=YOURSECURITY ssid=YOURSSID
add channel.band=5ghz-n/ac channel.extension-channel=Ceee channel.frequency=5180,5260,5500,5660,5745 channel.tx-power=20 country=\
    YOURCOUNTRY datapath.bridge=BridgeMain datapath.client-to-client-forwarding=yes datapath.local-forwarding=no distance=indoors \
    multicast-helper=full name=YOURSSID5G rates.basic=12Mbps rates.supported=12Mbps,18Mbps,24Mbps,36Mbps,48Mbps,54Mbps security=YOURSECURITY \
    ssid=YOURSSID
/caps-man manager
set enabled=yes upgrade-policy=require-same-version
/caps-man manager interface
set [ find default=yes ] forbid=yes
add disabled=no interface=BridgeMain
/caps-man provisioning
add action=create-dynamic-enabled hw-supported-modes=gn master-configuration=YOURSSID name-format=identity
add action=create-dynamic-enabled hw-supported-modes=ac,an master-configuration=YOURSSID5G name-format=identity

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:51 pm

I check the above setup and work perfect.

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:59 am

Issue is still at large, support hasn't responded to my emails since July 22.
Unfortunately on the secondary device, downstairs, one of the client devices is a xiaomi mi box..
I also noticed that on the primary device, upstairs, a nintendo switch will also make the 5GHz band fail after a while..

At this point I think we need to create a fundraiser to buy and ship some of these "problematic" client devices to MT so that they can finally troubleshoot/reproduce in a reliable fashion. :lol:
Honestly, this joke has dragged on too long.. Especially to those of us who bought the device on release and we're closing in to a whole year without a basic functionality working proper.. I shake my head..

But I'm not going to give up, nor on the 5GHz stability, neither on channel 50.. We flipping paid every pretty penny for all those features..

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:30 am

Issue is still at large, support hasn't responded to my emails since July 22.
Unfortunately on the secondary device, downstairs, one of the client devices is a xiaomi mi box..
I also noticed that on the primary device, upstairs, a nintendo switch will also make the 5GHz band fail after a while..

At this point I think we need to create a fundraiser to buy and ship some of these "problematic" client devices to MT so that they can finally troubleshoot/reproduce in a reliable fashion. :lol:
Honestly, this joke has dragged on too long.. Especially to those of us who bought the device on release and we're closing in to a whole year without a basic functionality working proper.. I shake my head..

But I'm not going to give up, nor on the 5GHz stability, neither on channel 50.. We flipping paid every pretty penny for all those features..
And what do you offer? Just send them devices? Or something specific?

I know that there is an error on L2 during data processing from wlan1 to the CPU.

I'll try today to agree to take a test from a new batch of the device. If there are no problems there, we need with you and the community to decide what to do with Mikrotik. How to act.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:18 am

I received from a new batch of RB4011, after 2 hours, it will be clear. I'm starting the tests.

My assembled in Latvia is old, and the new is assembled in Lithuania

anuser
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:33 am

Does the problem also exist with current RouterOS v7.0 beta2 ?

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:35 am

@TimurA

If it's a hardware revision issue, then the obvious would be to demand an RMA/replacement.

The only thing that I disagree with is us sending our devices over first. For good or for bad, the two RB4011 units are the core of my network.. and I will not be accepting ending up without a network on my home (on top of suffering from that WiFi issue for almost a year), because MikroTik is unable to send a device replacement in advance (upon receiving proof of purchase of course).

TL;DR: They send the replacement first, then I send them the faulty one back. Not the other way around. And I will not be accepting to be charged even one penny for their f-up.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:00 am

You can calm down, there is no difference in the revision of RB4011. Everything is just as bad on the new device.

the one that was tested is released in March 2019, my old one was released at the Sep of 2018.

All symptoms are the same.

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:13 pm

I honestly doubt this is a new hardware/mainboard revision. It's more likely that the new unit you got, only got assembled at a different date and factory.

I sincerely hope that the issue lies within the software and not on the hardware. Time will tell.. Just how much more time it will take, that I do not know..

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:28 pm

colleagues, disconnect Discovery on RB4011 and on neighboring Discovery devices. And check out the work of 5ghz. There is a suspicion that because of this the storm is on L2, and 5ghz has problems. The feeling is that all the problems are due to Realtek RTL8367.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:44 am

Colleagues, I completely blocked the CDP / LLDP in the bridge with filters. 5ghz does not fall.

add action = drop chain = forward dst-mac-address = 01: 00: 0C: CC: CC: CC / FF: FF: FF: FF: FF: FF
add action = drop chain = forward dst-mac-address = 01: 80: C2: 00: 00: 0E / FF: FF: FF: FF: FF: FF
add action = drop chain = input dst-mac-address = 01: 00: 0C: CC: CC: CC / FF: FF: FF: FF: FF: FF
add action = drop chain = input dst-mac-address = 01: 80: C2: 00: 00: 0E / FF: FF: FF: FF: FF: FF

most likely there is a leak in RB4011. I continue the study.

ddslc
just joined

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:46 am

Colleagues, I completely blocked the CDP / LLDP in the bridge with filters. 5ghz does not fall.

I tried it. Nope, that's not a solution. Still hanging

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:18 am

I tried it. Nope, that's not a solution. Still hanging
yes, my tests failed too. :(

already tired of RB4011. Let Mikrotik live on his own with this problem. I'll wait for 802.11ax. I'll see who first buys, what problems will experience. And then I will only order.

ynqjwsm
just joined

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:37 pm

same problem on my RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD,,,,wlan1 interface QCA9984 stop working,,,re-enable stuck on "initializing",,,,,only reboot can make it return to work.
hope mk can fix this....asap

Nirox

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:18 pm

same problem on my RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD,,,,wlan1 interface QCA9984 stop working,,,re-enable stuck on "initializing",,,,,only reboot can make it return to work.
hope mk can fix this....asap
we discussed this more than one year.... asap... no, it's Mikrotik....

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 pm

The new Mikrotik Audience uses same QCA radio for 2nd 5GHz WIFI (for inet distribution). Will be interesting to see if it also have problems.
If it works on Audience but not on RB4011, it's clearly hardware issue of RB4011 design. Could be as small thing as missing capacitor somewhere or having too long traces on PCB that sometimes produce glitch... but we will see after a few months when Audience will be more common.
But it's really annoying this issue is STILL not fixed! Seems like Mikrotik doesn't even know why it's happening...

ddslc
just joined

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:53 pm

The only way to speedup fixing it is to distribute this information wide, so anybody who plans to buy Mikrotik think twice.

joaquinmb
just joined

Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:35 pm

are you testing with 6.46beta44 ? In changelog:
*) wireless - improved stability when setting fixed primary and secondary channels on RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD-IN;
*) wireless - improved 802.11ac stability for all ARM devices with wireless;

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:41 pm

We believe we have fixed the issue, but that particular fix has not yet been released. Wait for the next beta please.
FORTUNATELY... I only have one in the field and it has not exhibited this particular problem. Could the fact that I am in the US have something to do with it?

The reports of the wifi disabling itself... I never had that.

I have had other issues... but never that one. Could the fact that my routers are configured to UNITED STATES 2 or 3 or what ever help explain this?

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:52 pm

For the problem to manifest you have to have no device connected to 5GHz wifi for a few hours. Then it "crashes".

The title is a bit misleading. The interface doesn't get disabled, in that you don't see it disabled (greyed out) in winbox.
It shows up/enabled fine in winbox/cli, but it doesn't transmit any SSID when the problem occurs. If you try to change any setting while that happens, then it gets stuck at "initializing" state and doesn't change until you reboot the device.

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:41 am

For the problem to manifest you have to have no device connected to 5GHz wifi for a few hours. Then it "crashes".

The title is a bit misleading. The interface doesn't get disabled, in that you don't see it disabled (greyed out) in winbox.
It shows up/enabled fine in winbox/cli, but it doesn't transmit any SSID when the problem occurs. If you try to change any setting while that happens, then it gets stuck at "initializing" state and doesn't change until you reboot the device.
Sadly, it's not that easy as currently we couldn't reproduce the issue locally while following any of the guides from people who has contacted us directly. There are much more variables needed in order to repeat the issue. If you want to help to resolve this issue, please contact support@mikrotik.com

Nirox

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:13 am

Sadly, it's not that easy as currently we couldn't reproduce the issue locally while following any of the guides from people who has contacted us directly. There are much more variables needed in order to repeat the issue. If you want to help to resolve this issue, please contact support@mikrotik.com

Setup RB4011 in home or office 20-25 working places. Reproduce 100%

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:33 am

Interesting. Then why did normis say that you believe that you have fixed the issue and that we should wait for the next beta?
And more interesting, why did he delete his post stating that?!
We believe we have fixed the issue, but that particular fix has not yet been released. Wait for the next beta please.

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Interesting. Then why did normis say that you believe that you have fixed the issue and that we should wait for the next beta?
And more interesting, why did he delete his post stating that?!
I deleted the post as he misunderstood what was fixed in one of the unreleased beta versions.

SergeiF

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:28 am

I am not buying until this issue is resolved. Too expensive device to beta test.

Retral

Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:04 am

One thing that may help replicate this issue is using the sfp port. Both times I have witnessed this and all times our tech support has witnessed this the sfp port is in use.

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:16 pm

One thing that may help replicate this issue is using the sfp port. Both times I have witnessed this and all times our tech support has witnessed this the sfp port is in use.
Interesting detail.

In my board that the issue occurs, I indeed use the SFP port.

kiler129

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:25 am

The SFP port doesn't seem to play a role - I tested a single one with SFP and couple with standard default config setup with Ethernet-1 WAN and they were crashing equally bad ;)

t0mp
just joined

Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:40 am

I have the same problem with 5Ghz WiFi too. I decided to completely disable the 5Ghz interface because every time it was working only for a few minutes and than the SSID disappeared and all devices lost connection. I had to restart interface. Really annoying. I do not use SPF port at all, so in my opinion the problem is not connected with it.
I am really disappointed with attitude of Mikrotik. I am waiting for the fix a lot of months ...

denisun
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:05 pm

It's not necessary disabling 5ghz.
You can enable capsman for 5ghz and the wifi work perfect.

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RB4011: wlan1 disabling itself  [SOLVED]

Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Thanks everyone for the input, thanks to those who contacted support@mikrotik.com and provided detailed information, and a special thanks to @TimurA for helping us with the debugging.

We've just released public beta with the potential fix (6.46beta59). The included fix not only improves 5GHz stability for RB4011, but also for cAP-AC, hAP-AC^2, Audience and other devices with IPQ4019, QCA9984, QCA9888 chips.

If you still encounter SSID disappearance for 5GHz interface, reboot the device and do the following:
1. Use WiFi analyzer software and take a screenshot of all nearby SSID's within 5GHz range showing each SSID channel number.
2. Generate supout.rif after 5GHz SSID disappeared
3. Enable/Disable or Provision the 5GHz interface
4. Use WiFi analyzer software and take a screenshot of all nearby SSID's within 5GHz range showing each SSID channel number.
5. Generate second supout.rif
6. Write an e-mail to support@mikrotik.com providing both supout.rif files, two screenshots, details about all the clients that were connected to the given AP (any interface) while the 5GHz SSID disappeared.

huntermic
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:21 pm

Does V7 beta3 contain this fix?

mikelaurense
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Thanks everyone for the input, thanks to those who contacted support@mikrotik.com and provided detailed information, and a special thanks to @TimurA for helping us with the debugging.

We've just released public beta with the potential fix (6.46beta59). The included fix not only improves 5GHz stability for RB4011, but also for cAP-AC, hAP-AC^2, Audience and other devices with IPQ4019, QCA9984, QCA9888 chips.

If you still encounter SSID disappearance for 5GHz interface, reboot the device and do the following:
1. Use WiFi analyzer software and take a screenshot of all nearby SSID's within 5GHz range showing each SSID channel number.
4. Use WiFi analyzer software and take a screenshot of all nearby SSID's within 5GHz range showing each SSID channel number.
6. Write an e-mail to support@mikrotik.com providing both supout.rif files, two screenshots, details about all the clients that were connected to the given AP (any interface) while the 5GHz SSID disappeared.
That’s great news! I updated my cAP-AC yesterday without problems, and after the 5ghz interface on my RB4011 died today I updated that as well. Both updates went fine.

Is it necessary to update the Routerboard firmware as well or is this a software only fix?

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:56 am

Is it necessary to update the Routerboard firmware as well or is this a software only fix?
No, it is not necessary. The fix is software level.

Nirox

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:09 pm

Hello team. Thank you for update. 10h 5Gh work without falling, speed for local resources increase from 25-40Mb\s to 45-55Mb\s and it's more stable. But one question still remains: my "old" hAP AC get 50-55Mb/s on 5Ghz too, by LAN show the same results, so what is the reason to update on RB4011 from hAP AC and call RB4011 it the "best"?

I think I can get 70-90Mb/s on 5Gh after update hardware....

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:29 am

Problem is fix in 6.44.6 or only beta?
Currently only in 6.46beta59, but the fix will be added to the next long-term and stable releases

Hello team. Thank you for update. 10h 5Gh work without falling, speed for local resources increase from 25-40Mb\s to 45-55Mb\s and it's more stable. But one question still remains: my "old" hAP AC get 50-55Mb/s on 5Ghz too, by LAN show the same results, so what is the reason to update on RB4011 from hAP AC and call RB4011 it the "best"?

Those devices differ more than they match (like the company who makes them), especially in performance. This sounds like an issue with your host device (does not support multiple spatial streams or higher channel width), the configuration you're using, interference or many, many other factors. Please provide more solid data on your tests

huntermic
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:53 am

Currently only in 6.46beta59, but the fix will be added to the next long-term and stable releases

Those devices differ more than they match (like the company who makes them), especially in performance. This sounds like an issue with your host device (does not support multiple spatial streams or higher channel width), the configuration you're using, interference or many, many other factors. Please provide more solid data on your tests

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:25 am

No, it will be merged to v7 later on.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:39 am

The interface 5ghz on beta59 will no longer crash. Thanks to the mikrotik team and Reinis for the great work done!

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:38 pm

The interface 5ghz on beta59 will no longer crash. Thanks to the mikrotik team and Reinis for the great work done!
Don't be so sure, test it for a month or so before claiming that.

@MikroTik: In the event that it's finally been fixed (wow, a whole year later) can we be privy as to what exactly was the problem and how it was fixed?

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:29 am

@MikroTik: In the event that it's finally been fixed (wow, a whole year later) can we be privy as to what exactly was the problem and how it was fixed?
The issue was with a buffer that was not clearing fully and caused the interface to "freeze". It also required very specific conditions and chain of events in order to happen, that's why only some people experienced the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

kiler129

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:39 am

I’m running a private build of ROS for almost a month and it seems like the 5Ghz is now rock solid ;)

mikelaurense
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:32 pm

I’ve not experienced any issues with the beta yet. Can’t wait for the fix to be implemented in the stable release. Pity it had to take almost a year for this to be fixed, but glad it is finally fixed!

ddslc
just joined

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Ooops! It did it again. Wifi 5ghz disappeared

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:34 am

Just to confirm, are you using beta59?

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 am

Please look above at the post that is marked as "Solved" for cases like this.
Note, this only applies if the issue was experienced with 6.46beta59 or higher.

ddslc
just joined

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:55 am

Just to confirm, are you using beta59?
Yes, 6.46beta59 on RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:45 pm

We've not received any e-mail from you with the requested details. Please contact support@mikrotik.com

ddslc
just joined

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:52 pm

We've not received any e-mail from you with the requested details. Please contact support@mikrotik.com
Still have no spare time for thorough testing.. And, as far as I understand, I should encounter that bug once again to make adequate bug report. And I'm still waiting for it;

Nirox

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:04 pm

to deep regret faced the same problem. Made a report at the time of the crash. Sent to the above address. From Nirox.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:34 am

Colleagues, a question: maybe an attack is being made on your router (wifi)? Does someone raise a point with the same mac address and what else does it do?

After fixing in beta59, I only have micro friezes when roaming to another point and, on the advice of Reinis, I played around with the client disconnect timeout parameters. So far so good.

ps.
The only thing I don’t like right now is the performance of 5ghz, it has become lower. In the region of 250-320mbit/s, before it was more ~ 400-500mbit/s

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:51 am

to deep regret faced the same problem. Made a report at the time of the crash. Sent to the above address. From Nirox.
Thank you for contacting us. As I mentioned previously, the fix is only in 6.46beta59 and currently in no other branches. Please upgrade your device and see if the issue still appears.

Still have no spare time for thorough testing.. And, as far as I understand, I should encounter that bug once again to make an adequate bug report. And I'm still waiting for it;
If possible, please contact support@mikrotik.com, we will provide a debug version from which we will only require supout.rif generated after the interface has "frozen"

Nirox

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:21 am

Thank you for contacting us. As I mentioned previously, the fix is only in 6.46beta59 and currently in no other branches. Please upgrade your device and see if the issue still appears.

Still have no spare time for thorough testing.. And, as far as I understand, I should encounter that bug once again to make an adequate bug report. And I'm still waiting for it;
If possible, please contact support@mikrotik.com, we will provide a debug version from which we will only require supout.rif generated after the interface has "frozen"
Hello. I was update on 6.46beta59 but problem is, with any settings I have "Radar detected" but I'm sure 50-60km no have any aeroport :)

codruts

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:32 am

Hello. I was update on 6.46beta59 but problem is, with any settings I have "Radar detected" but I'm sure 50-60km no have any aeroport :)
i bet you have a lot of meteorological radars...

Nirox

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:02 am

i bet you have a lot of meteorological radars...

Not sure, because my "old" hAP AC with 5Ghz works perfectly in same condition and place.

Retral

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:23 am

This is not solved. I have had this interface crash post beta and a co-worker has as well. I am in the middle of sending in the required files. Do note that this time it took longer than last time, however I noticed that the routers uptime is a little longer than 4 days which is roughly the same length of time as the first time I experienced this crash.

Kudin
just joined

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:10 am

Hello all, quick question: is the issue solved in 6.46rc1?

roe1974
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:14 pm

when the fix will come in long-term ?

Richard

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:31 pm

I can also confirm that the issue has not been resolved. Took longer here as well (about 13 days), but one of my devices experienced the issue again just now.
RouterOS 6.46 "Stable" + firmware.

EDIT: Some corrections + included version information.
EDIT2: Next week this issue is celebrating it's first birthday (since my individual first report to support, that is). May we request a black forest cake with a candle for that? Well done MikroTik.
Last edited by Frostbyte on Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Nirox

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:50 am

I can also confirm that the issue has not been resolved. Took longer here as well (about 10 days), but one of my devices experienced the issue again just now.

confirm, not resolved. 12 days and same problems :(

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:38 pm

MikroTik can you stop ignoring your customers and finally address the issue? I have never been so frustrated with one of your products or experienced such level of unprofessional behavior.. and I've been a long-time customer of yours..

kiler129

Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:50 am

@Frostbyte: be respectful, please. They don’t ignore their customers, they actually try to to above and beyond to fix that annoying bug. We’re dealing here with a situation where the vendor cannot physically replicate the conditions since RF environment is different everywhere. So the vendor doesn’t blame the people but instead provide feedback, debug versions, and tries to implement fixes semi-blindly. This is not ignoring!

If you have ever worked in software development on a position where you actually wrote code (and if you use such words I know you did not) you would know how incredibly hard is to fix some bugs even if you think you replicate them.

I used to have this problem and it suddenly just stop occuring. I did not move my hardware, did not change a thing in the config and the bug just disappeared and the router is stable for like a month or two. It could be some external interference, it could be in the firmware of the chip itself (oh, good luck for Roku devices which are mysteriously rebooted when a Nintendo Switch is in the proximity). The truth is MikroTik is doing their best but they’re just humans, they cannot exactly magically “address the issue” if they’re not sure what it is... and no, it’s not their fault.

We have multiple network engineers here, just in this topic, not to even mention support and other topics on the forum. We all strive to find the cause, so maybe you @Frostbyte, instead of complaining how frustrated you are, can join the effort and actually follow the damn instructions outlined above by @Reinis?

Frostbyte
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:22 am

@kiler129: That is honestly quite rich coming from you, as you have complained about radio silence back in the past (in this very thread) as well..
You assume that I've got zero desire to help out or follow any kind of instruction, whereas in actuality I've done my fair share of back and forth with MikroTik support via email (without a favorable outcome) prior opting to complain in this thread. (Though they don't seem to be responding at all during this week, in either medium; which is what prompted the complaint in the first place)
With regards to replicating the RF conditions, I believe that there have already been a handful of people mentioning a few problematic devices that MikroTik could've easily procured and tested with.
I was also sort of expecting someone to play the "software development" card, to which I will simply reply: I don't care. I paid 470+ euros for two of these devices and at the very least I expect their basic functionality to be there and work as advertised/expected in a stable fashion. This is not a university project, this is a commercial product.. that costs a pretty penny as well.
By the type of defense you tried to mount and the arguments you attempted to use, it's also pretty obvious that you've never worked with moderate-and-above-sized clients. It'd be pretty interesting to try and persuade them the same way.. only to briefly find yourself replaced by another systems integrator that actually gets the job done. :)

I'm done conversing with you. I'm not here to discuss ideologies, but to solve a problem.. a problem which exists for more than a year and MikroTik can still only offer solutions that postpone it's inevitable reappearance.

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:11 pm

MikroTik can you stop ignoring your customers and finally address the issue? I have never been so frustrated with one of your products or experienced such level of unprofessional behavior.. and I've been a long-time customer of yours..
As the issue is happening much later, there is no evidence that the issue has the same root cause.
If you want to be helpful, please read the post that is marked as "Solved".

Kaisersteel
just joined

Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:59 pm

Hello, I would like to know if the problem with turning off WiFi 5Ghz in the RB4011 router has been resolved. thanks

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:26 pm

What's new in 6.47beta54 (2020-Apr-06 06:32):

Changes in this release:

*) wireless - improved 5GHz interface stability on RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD and Audience;
*) wireless - improved system stability on hAP ac^2;

joaquinmb
just joined

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:58 pm

What's new in 6.47beta54 (2020-Apr-06 06:32):

Changes in this release:

*) wireless - improved 5GHz interface stability on RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD and Audience;
*) wireless - improved system stability on hAP ac^2;
great news! I use v.6.46.2 and only when I activate 5GHz WiFi my RB4011 restarts once a week unexpectedly

Kudin
just joined

Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Hello,

I am on 6.47beta8 and have no issues with 5 GHz band. Everything works fine for months.