Community discussions

MikroTik App

Scardis
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac lite as repeater

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:05 pm

I have 2 hAP ac lite. One is connected to internet via cable, the second one should connect to first one via Wi-Fi and work as repeater. I've tried a number of guides how to configure it and while the process looks quite simple I just can't make it to work.

If I connect to repeater with cable, it works fine, but if I connect to it wireless, it says there is no connection to internet. When I look into clients on 1st router, I can see 2nd one connected. Signal strength is fine, pinging with 100 packets return with 0% loss and average time of 67ms. I found no errors in logs or anything suspicious. Everything looks ok, but nothing is working.

OS version is 6.43.4 on both devices.

1s router is configured as Home AP Dual mode in Quick Set. On 2nd one I've just chose wlan1 in WiFi interfaces, pressed "Setup Repeater", filled in SSID and pass. Am I missing something?

weixvenum

Re: hAP ac lite as repeater

Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:02 am

we are almost experiencing the samething... the only thing is that im working on hotspot... i dont get connected to the internet using the repeater... and sometimes i dont get to access even the login page for the voucher... though ut was working fine when no kogin page is setuo.. meaning i was using the default and using the repeater as to repeat a no security wifi connection...

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 am

The problem when seting two APs to form a wireless bridge between parts of same LAN (L2 broadcast domain) is that it doesn't work (802.11 standard doesn't allow it) without applying some tricks. If you haven't done it already, I suggest to read about (and possibly understand) different wireless modes described in manual. The basic 802.11 assumes that client radio is serving single L2 device (could be a router, but not a repeater).

Corsari
just joined

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:42 am

Hello
I have this question

If I enable hotspot in my cellphone

is it possible to use the "hAP ac lite" to connect to the cellphone wifi and repeat/share the internet connection to the wired computers?

Do you have any kind link to some guide for THIS SPECIFIC purpose? If any, thank you in advance

Please note that this "hAP ac lite" is a spare one so I can start with a total reset/wipe

Thank you for any kind help/link

Cor.