Total votes: 7

anuser
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

cAP ac: Alternative brackets

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:54 pm

Dear all,

am I the only one that hates cAP ac mounting brackets?

- It has no protection against theft. You can simply turn it and hold it in your hands within seconds. Take a look at wAP ac´s mounting. This would be fine.
- Mounting at all is crucial. We have network connections within the wall. There´s no hole coming from the wall behind nor coming anywhere from the top. On the cAP ac there are notches where you should get in your RJ45 patch cables. But the angle for connecting the RJ45 connector is too big. So we use flat cable.

Kind Regards

bisto
just joined

Re: cAP ac: Alternative brackets

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:01 pm

Bracket is fine for me but why no designed holes for cables coming from side of AP rather then from behind it?

Matta
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:35 am

Bracket is fine for me but why no designed holes for cables coming from side of AP rather then from behind it?
Ditto, design is horrible is certain situations. Not much room, especially if you use both LAN1 and LAN2.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 am

Can you clarify about the cable not bending enough to fit into the wall? I just don't see the issue.

Here is one with a fat factory made cable. Normally you don't have such fat connectors going into the wall, this is worst case scenario.
IMG_0002.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

karlisi

Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:46 am

Can you clarify about the cable not bending enough to fit into the wall? I just don't see the issue.
Subject: 19.0 What is the Minimum Bending Radius for a Cable?
According to EIA SP-2840A (a draft version of EIA-568-x) the minimum bend radius for UTP is 4 x cable outside diameter, about one inch.
http://www.d.umn.edu/~tkwon/other/cabling-faq.html

bjmgeek
just joined

Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:55 pm

I'm trying to mount it on a foot thick wall that I can't easily drill or run cable through. So, I thought I'd run the cables on the interior wall using a conduit (just to look neater). I'd like to see a mounting bracket that can mount on an electrical junction box.