Community discussions

MikroTik App

ukitnam
just joined
Topic Author

UserMan+Hotspot - The Most Buggy

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Seriously, is this the most buggy feature of mikrotik?

rb750gr3
db on disk1(micro-sd)

bug1:
parent time zone is not working. UserMan session tab shows correct time, but when going to user tab, time is different. It lacks 8hrs. (i am +8 GMT, setting in router tab to +8 and customer to +8 doesnt fix anything)
checking /tool user-manager router print - there is no time-zone settings.

bug2:
total time left is not showing in UserMan user tab. rebuild database/log database or clear log database fixes it, however, when user relogs in, it will show blank total time left again, and however:

bug3:
when doing rebuild db / rebuild log-db / clear-log db. user limitations is not working properly. i used 1d uptime 3d validity user, upon logging in, hotspot shows that I only have 3hrs, rebooting the rb750g3 fixes it, but this is annoying. rebuilding databases shouldn't break anything. i noticed this when one of my client complained to me, and I recalled that I just rebuilt databases due to that total time left not showing.
note: i have 3 profiles, 1hr-uptime/1d-validity, 3hr-uptime/1d-validity. 1d-uptime/3d-validity

all in all, im not satisfied.

and i noticed, lots of threads here posting mostly about that total time left bug and the timezone bug, no official staffs are answering. is this an abandoned feature?

krisnin
just joined

Re: UserMan+Hotspot - The Most Buggy

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:52 pm

yes it is. XD

toxicfusion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:37 pm

It is buggy... But the vouchers work? lol.

you can also manually create your radius users and assign. But once you set your profiles and do mass creation of vouchers(UserMan), I've had good luck.. I just ignore the webUI bugs. hopefully they fix.

Otherwise, have to look for third party hotspot solution (There are a few out there).

Alvo46
just joined

Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:45 am

This feature it still not working when you run it on large scale 😌. Mikrotik Engineers please do something.

When you work with it on small-scale it works perfectly but in large scale that's when it start misbehaving.

Please upgrade it or just remove that feature.