Community discussions

KamenP
just joined
Topic Author

Groove A-52HPn: Unable to connect to ethernet port

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:00 am

Hi,

I have a brand new Groove A-52HPn. I am unable to connect to its ethernet port. Already did the factory reset of the device without any improvements. I have verified that the CAT6 cable is good. I can connect to another device (a MikroTik router) fine. When I connect to the Groove, I can see that its ethernet LED blinks indicating network activity. Yet, I cannot ping 192.168.88.1 or connect to its port 80.

I should mention that this is a second Groove that I am experiencing this with. I returned the first one hoping that it was a defective device.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.
Kamen

w32pamela
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Groove A-52HPn: Unable to connect to ethernet port

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Download Winbox.exe and run it . There is a Windows version available in the Software section of Mikrotik.com. If you are using a Mac you will find some Mac versions by using Google.

Your Groove may not be giving out IP address and may have an address of 0.0.0.0. The Winbox program will allow you to connect to the Groove using the Grooves MAC address and once you get into it you can upgrade it to the most recent routerOS version and then do a reset from the administration pages and get the default configuration which will let you connect.