Community discussions

MikroTik App

saif9892
just joined
Topic Author

Link down notification with colour change

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:04 am

Hi al
i am here again to get help from experts so please guys help me regarding my dude link down notification with colour change

as i can see old post in this forum about this but i cant understand becoz its in older version i am uploading pic from my dude
Capture.PNG
As you can see between device ip 2 has link with device ip 4 and its down

but we can reach device ip 2 via device ip 3 to device ip 4

so what i need i dont know when device 1 and device 4 link was down

so guys please help me regarding this and is their any other way to get color change when link is down
now color changes when speed of that link is changed or become red when it using it maximum capacity
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

saif9892
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Link down notification with colour change

Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:39 am

7days past
is their anybody who can help out please

geoffsmith31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:53 am

Probably not exactly what you are wanting to do, but I had a similar issue where I have aggregated links (ie. 2 or more ethernet connections between switches that are bonded as a single virtual ethernet interface) and want I to know if one of the individual links is down.

I could not figure out how to alert on a link state (as you are trying to do) so went about it a different way.

1. For the device that has multiple "critical ports" I list those ports in the device's "Custom Field 2"
2. I wrote a script that uses a third-party SNMP tool to check the link state and writes the results to a file
3. I wrote a Dude execute probe that gets the ports in "Custom Field 2", passes them to the script and reads the resulting text file
4. If any of the critical ports are down, then the device goes ORANGE and examining the "critical ports" probe shows which port/s are down

Not as nice as you would like, but it does the job for me.

I'm happy to share the script, probe, etc with you. But, before you get too excited about it - I am using Dude 4b3 and cannot upgrade because later versions do not run on Windows server and the script needs to run in a windows environment.

itsupportschulen
just joined

Tue May 07, 2019 5:27 pm

Short Answer, see attached Pictures:
3.PNG
2.PNG
1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.