Community discussions

Nrupal
just joined
Topic Author

RB4011 not working?

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:52 am

Hi All,

I recently bought a RB4011 and after unboxing hooked in a Mac into ethernet port 2. The DHCP is not able to assign me an IP add the laptop results in a self assigned ip. There is no Wireless network being transmitted as well (starting with 'MikroTik...').

Are there any additional steps that need to be performed after unboxing to get it to work. This is the first time for me using a MikroTik Router.

Thank You
Nrupal

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB4011 not working?

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Download Winbox and try L2 connection, no IP needed.
Steve "Steveocee" Carter
PC Gamer, Airsofter, MikroTik Nerd
My Website - My MikroTik Tutorials

enggheisar
Trainer
Trainer

Re: RB4011 not working?  [SOLVED]

Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:20 am

Hi All,

I recently bought a RB4011 and after unboxing hooked in a Mac into ethernet port 2. The DHCP is not able to assign me an IP add the laptop results in a self assigned ip. There is no Wireless network being transmitted as well (starting with 'MikroTik...').

Are there any additional steps that need to be performed after unboxing to get it to work. This is the first time for me using a MikroTik Router.

Thank You
Nrupal
You need download winbox and work with it, It seems the router default configuration is not working, you need connect via layer2 (mac address) and use the system reset menu to reset factory
Mohammad Tayyebi
Mikrotik Certified Trainer & Consultant & Academic Trainer
MohammadTayyebi@Gmail.Com

Cert : CCNA-rs, CCNP-rs, VCP, EMC ISM, EMCSA, MCSE, Lync, Exchange, MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE, MTCUME, MTCINE, MTCIPV6E, MTCSE, MTCTR, MTCATR