https://youtu.be/rTW3B6RjiIY

Any idea other than waste bin ?

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Bricked mAP lite ?

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:13 pm

mAP lite in endless loop boot
Please use the Netinstall utility to reinstall the device: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

Please try to follow these steps to load the backup bootloader:
1) Power your device off;
2) Press and hold reset button;
3) Power device on;
4) Hold reset button pressed until you see the device in Netinstall

Please try to follow these steps to load the primary bootloader:
1) Power your device off;
2) Power device on;
3) Press and hold reset button;
4) Hold reset button pressed until you see the device in Netinstall

Please try to Netinstall any other router, just to be sure that Netinstall is properly configured.

If you do not succeed, then make sure that your Netinstall and computer configuration fits these pre-requisites: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:N ... on_process

If you are sure that all pre-requisites are met but you still cannot detect any RouterBOARD in Netinstall, then please provide screenshots showing your computer and Netinstall settings and simple network diagram showing how the router is connected to your computer during Netinstall process.

ik3umt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:25 am

Sorry I've written net boot , I mean netinstall .....

No way to put it in netinstall mode , or better, Netinstall software (I use succesfully with other RB) doesn't see the device , no matter which button reset timing.

mAPlite ethernet is directly connected to PC ethernet

I think all is happened with the new out of the box mAPlite, set in caps mode and something wrong while automatically upgrading firmware once AP was detected by cAPs manager...

Spidermila
just joined

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:54 pm

This happened to me too. The first time this happened, some months ago, the e-shop accepted the warranty claim and sent a new mAP Lite.
Now it happened again just today with a brand new mAP Lite. I have reset the configuration with no default configuration first, then I have set up the bridge, IP address using DHCP, enabled CAP client. Everything looked OK. Then I tried to update the Router OS and the mAP was bricked. I will send it back to the e-shop. Fingers crossed.
I have updated the 2nd mAP Lite I have received in this delivery, without an issue. However I did almost no changes to the configuration prior the update. The issue may be related to the CAP client but I am not sure. It's hard to test since there's no way back. Once this happens, the AP is bricked. It keeps rebooting and there's no way how to revert and reproduce the issue.

allan2358
just joined

Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am

same here mikrotik routerboard very unstable! unable to netinstall always bootloop! so disappointed.

denisbondar
just joined

Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:40 pm

I'll join you!
The situation is exactly the same. After switching to CAP mode my mAP lite bricked and now it reboots cyclically. Resetting the settings does not help.