Community discussions

MikroTik App

runet
Topic Author

How toridge 2 (or more VLANs on same interface

Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:11 pm

I want to bridge two VLANs on the same interface. Is this the way to go? is there something I am missing?

/ interface vlan 
add name="vlan1" mtu=1500 arp=enabled vlan-id=101 interface=ether1 comment="" disabled=no 
add name="vlan2" mtu=1500 arp=enabled vlan-id=102 interface=ether1 comment="" disabled=no 

/ interface ethernet 
set ether1 name="ether1" mtu=1500 mac-address=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx arp=enabled disable-running-check=yes \
    auto-negotiation=yes full-duplex=yes cable-settings=default speed=100Mbps comment="" disabled=no 

/ interface bridge 
add name="sm" mtu=1500 arp=enabled stp=no priority=32768 ageing-time=5m forward-delay=15s \
    garbage-collection-interval=4s hello-time=2s max-message-age=20s comment="" disabled=no 

/ interface bridge port 

add interface=vlan1 bridge=sm priority=128 path-cost=10 comment="" disabled=no 
add interface=vlan2 bridge=sm priority=128 path-cost=10 comment="" disabled=no 
What I am trying to do is have each customer (up to 100) on their own VLAN so that I can monitor the interfaces individualy for each customer. I would like to have all the customers on one ip subnet so that I can assign dynamic IP addresses.

Because this is a wireless network I am worried that traffice comming in on a given VLAN will then be transmitted out to the other members of the bridge (all customers are on one AP) and create a horible mess.

Am I correct?

JJCinAZ

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:03 am

Well, yes that will bridge together the VLAN's, but your setup will also effectively negate the use of the VLAN's. Just add a VLAN per customer as well as a separate DHCP server per customer (I'm assuming you want to hand out private addresses to the customers). If you want to assign public IP's to the customers, then you should subnet and route.

firebat

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:36 am

What are you wanting to monitor for each customer? Can't you setup simple Queues for BW limiting and accounting?